Author Topic: Hello 👋  (Read 9735 times)

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
Currently bitRUBLE is best committee-owned MPA, as it's retain original MCR=1.75 and MSSR=1.1.

it do not make big issue as it is in too low supply to impact BTS price while market crash.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline pstrident

• View Profile
Really....Bytemaster....Really!?!?

Really...Bitcrab...Really!?!?

lol...wtf....surreal

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
Currently bitRUBLE is best committee-owned MPA, as it's retain original MCR=1.75 and MSSR=1.1.

I think you make a big mistake.

and we have three black bitasset which retain original MCR=1.75 and MSSR=1.1.

Offline dh

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vvk123

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
I think you didn't understand the mean of "dance", like an ostrich hiding his head in the sand so long time and just hope the market can rescue you, this is a shame for everyone,this is not "dance".
BTS can survive or not, not depend on these BSIPS,  didn't want to face problems squarely, and just want to skirt round them like an ostrich, so everyone will pay for this and will become zombie slowly, zombie still can walk and eat.

at least bts can dance with risk after the implementation of BSIP58, BSIP76, BAIP2.
nothing is perfect the outcome of above implementation is BTS is able to survive  and keep on

Offline twitter

• View Profile
at least bts can dance with risk after the implementation of BSIP58, BSIP76, BAIP2.
nothing is perfect the outcome of above implementation is BTS is able to survive  and keep on

The painful history of BTS has taught us a lot, we realized that it is impossible to make smart coin peg exactly at any time,  and we need to change to stop the way of pegging from hurting the whole ecosystem, measures are taken accordingly.

After the implementation of BSIP58, BSIP76, BAIP2, bitCNY and bitUSD are no longer expected as exactly pegged asset at any time. they are derivatives of BTS that can peg under some conditions, and peg off under some other conditions, they can still be used as tools of leveraging, risk controlling, arbitraging and so on. the great benefits is, the death spiral disappeared. BTS holders need not to worry that market crash will lead BTS price to 0.

I observed Maker’s behavior in the recent market crash, it behaved like BTS in old times, and due to the booming gas fee and the settlement rule of DAI, many margin called CDPs are settled in very low price, some bidders get the collaterals in very cheap price and what they paid cannot cover the debt, Maker team has to pay the gap by selling MKR. Maker team and debt position owners are both losers in this market crash.

I am glad that BTS has left this page behind, although bitCNY and bitUSD are now in big devaluation due to BSIP76, we successfully avoid the crash of BTS price, I believe not only debt position owners, but also all BTS holders would like to see this.

We expect to restore the peg of the smart coin by making BTS price be stably above the threshold, the way to get this is to increase the system income by charging from margin call, force settlement and UIA market fee, and pay public expenditures and buy back BTS using the accumulated fees,  if all the things going well, we can get features for this in release 4.0.

I hope the ones who always call BSIP58, BSIP76 and BAIP2 “market manipulation” can update their idea, we are just utilizing creative solution.

FOOLISH AND STUPID WORDS.

掩耳盗铃与鸵鸟。

堵上耳朵就听不到声音了?头埋到沙子里屁股漏到外面就以为能够躲过危机?不想去真正的解决问题,却学会了怎么一味的去逃避。

You didn't have any ability to solve the risk, so destroy the smartcoin become your choice.

creative solution
?God,please help!These words winded me,i love these words so much!
witness:

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
The painful history of BTS has taught us a lot, we realized that it is impossible to make smart coin peg exactly at any time,  and we need to change to stop the way of pegging from hurting the whole ecosystem, measures are taken accordingly.

After the implementation of BSIP58, BSIP76, BAIP2, bitCNY and bitUSD are no longer expected as exactly pegged asset at any time. they are derivatives of BTS that can peg under some conditions, and peg off under some other conditions, they can still be used as tools of leveraging, risk controlling, arbitraging and so on. the great benefits is, the death spiral disappeared. BTS holders need not to worry that market crash will lead BTS price to 0.

I observed Maker’s behavior in the recent market crash, it behaved like BTS in old times, and due to the booming gas fee and the settlement rule of DAI, many margin called CDPs are settled in very low price, some bidders get the collaterals in very cheap price and what they paid cannot cover the debt, Maker team has to pay the gap by selling MKR. Maker team and debt position owners are both losers in this market crash.

I am glad that BTS has left this page behind, although bitCNY and bitUSD are now in big devaluation due to BSIP76, we successfully avoid the crash of BTS price, I believe not only debt position owners, but also all BTS holders would like to see this.

We expect to restore the peg of the smart coin by making BTS price be stably above the threshold, the way to get this is to increase the system income by charging from margin call, force settlement and UIA market fee, and pay public expenditures and buy back BTS using the accumulated fees,  if all the things going well, we can get features for this in release 4.0.

I hope the ones who always call BSIP58, BSIP76 and BAIP2 “market manipulation” can update their idea, we are just utilizing creative solution.

FOOLISH AND STUPID WORDS.

掩耳盗铃与鸵鸟。

堵上耳朵就听不到声音了?头埋到沙子里屁股漏到外面就以为能够躲过危机?不想去真正的解决问题,却学会了怎么一味的去逃避。

You didn't have any ability to solve the risk, so destroy the smartcoin become your choice.

creative solution
?God,please help!These words winded me,i love these words so much!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 09:31:57 am by binggo »

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab

Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

How did BitShares handle the market crash?

It broke.. detailed explanations already provided above. Ultimately self interests won out to network interests, again. You learned how this goes by the time you got through some time in Steem. However, the design premise in Bitshares remained and failed under pressure by debt holders to save their wealth at the expense of the integrity of the network. Since then it's been all downhill generally. This only became compounded in the downturn recently.

On the flip side, you can say that it worked as it was supposed too... but the current scenario only replicated the same manipulation of markets as we see in the financial world that has disillusioned many prompting them to sell off BTS and not look back till the integrity is restored.

Why do you ask?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline litepresence

Binance CEX
BTC:USDT
https://cryptowat.ch/markets/binance/btc/usdt/4h

BitShares DEX
HONEST.BTC:HONEST.USD MPA
https://staging.bitshares.org/#/market/HONEST.BTC_HONEST.USD

BitShares DEX
bitBTC:bitUSD
https://staging.bitshares.org/#/market/BTC_USD

all charts are 4h candles FEB 1st to present

bitUSD plutocracy
Code: [Select]
Maximum short squeeze ratio         1010
Force settlement delay              24h
Force settlement offset             1%
Max force settle vol                0.5%

HONEST.USD noocracy
Code: [Select]
Maximum short squeeze ratio         1250
Force settlement delay              4h
Force settlement offset             0%
Max force settle vol                100%

@Dan to discuss changes to core required to enact noocratic governance catch me on telegram @litepresence
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 03:20:37 pm by litepresence »

Offline EuropaSH

• IT innovations
    • View Profile
    • https://xbts.io
  • BitShares: europa

Hello! Nice to see you here!
I represent the XBTS Dex exchange https://xbts.io/. We are an exchange for gamers and for traders. We are developing new technology for games on the DPoS blockchain. And by the way, we developed an absolutely honest lottery on the Bitshares blockchain. I remember you talked about this back in 2014). But from that moment no one was able to realize this idea. We did it! Be sure to invite you to the opening!

We are a close-knit team of developers who are passionate about decentralized technology.
We have many developments. How can I contact you to discuss them?

Regards,
  Europa
contact@xbts.io
(@EuropaSH in Telegram)
Our Core Tech Programmer TechnoL0g https://github.com/technologiespro
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 11:58:05 am by EuropaSH »
BTS committee member: europa
BTS witness: xbtsio-wallet
XBTS DEX & DeFi FOR TRADERS AND GAMERS https://xbts.io

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl

Hi bytemaster,

my name is Stefan, I have been working closely with various workers in the past years and am currently one of the reviewers for BSIPs.

I'm gonna take a guess and assume that you are interested in how the BitAsset/SmartCoin mechanism handled the market crash. I'm gonna try to objectively give a historical overview, links to the respective BSIPs were posted before. The mechanisms work as intended as we have seen last year when bitUSD went into global settlement. It got revived again when MCR was reached and re-pegged beautifully. Still, the global settlement mechanism has flaws: Everyone gets globally settled even if its just one individual with a bad CR, instant force settlement keeps the price off peg, new debt positions cant be created and the revival process takes too long (reaching MCR instead of CR 1) which is a big hindrance for adoption and liquidity and allows individuals with deep knowledge to gain massive advantage of unbenownst everyday users.

The flaws led to (controversial) refinements of the mechanisms: Global settlement protection price. Since core changes are slow and take time and immediate action was deemed necessary, a proposal was done that witnesses should feed a price that avoids global settlement (i.e. allow intentional undercollaterization to avoid global settlement). Ontop of that, MSSR and FSO were adjusted in a way to strengthen the peg. The global settlement price caused bitCNY to not global settle when bitUSD did. Looking at the markets after this event, bitCNY did significantly better in terms of liquidity and peg. Still, intentional undercollaterization while protecting debt position holders at the cost of a manipulated feed price is no longterm solution as it lacks transparency in the DEX (the feed price does not reflect a realistic external BTS price anymore). Some ideas that came to mind: a) Implement a selective settlement mechanism that only affects positions with CR < 1 instead of all b) refined margin call mechanism where the margin call price depends on CR and MCR c) incentivize force settlement for debt positions that have CR < MCR. All of them need core change and would take significant time to implement and d) give debt position holders the ability to set a TCR > MCR (target collateral ratio), then margin calls are selling only as much to reach that TCR (is now implemented). The chosen solution of a global settlement protection price could be implemented swiftly. A BSIP was written afterwards to replace this mechanism in a more transparent way in the core, although it is not realized atm.

This year another incident happened when there were alleged shorting attacks on CEXes (i.e. influence the price feed) to cause margin calls and take advantage of debt position holders. This was possible due to many debt position holders margining to the max and keeping their CR as close to MCR as possible, with no reserves to replenish and with no proactive way to close their debt position. Debt position holders demanded swift action and since they hold significant voting weight and at that time were (still are) a big part of the BTS voting power, consequently another debt position holder protection was proposed and implemented through the price feed: namely the threshold price (highly controversial). Which really just means that, if price below threshold, then feed threshold instead. Ultimately that meant that we now had a margin call protection price as feed price and pretty much all debt position holders kept their CR exactly above that price. This threshold price is still in effect, thus the latest crash had no impact on the BitAsset mechanisms. If no price feed alterations were in effect the BitAssets would all have globally settled. So the current solution is the ultimate protection of debt position holders, which is not a surprise because they hold the largest voting weight. Now that margin calls are effectively rendered inactive some individuals shifted to massive force settlements when profit was possible. Some ideas that came to mind: a) give the debt position holders a way to manually trigger a margin call with a price they can choose (BSIP is voted in) b) refine force settlement mechanisms and give them a fee that goes to the asset owner (similar to the stability fee of DAI). The peg is of course not maintained with this measure, and has not been for a while.

There exist a multitude of other ideas for refinement of the BitAsset mechanism which are currently in drafting status but paused mostly due to the funding issues, which were also caused through the voting behavior. Essentially, majority of BTS voting power has blocked all proposals a couple months back.

I hope I could describe it properly (anyone please correct me :) ), and you also were interested in that subject. If not, and other aspects of BitShares progress interests you please let me know.

Best regards,
  Stefan (@sschiessl-bcp in GitHub, @sschiessl in Telegram)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 07:52:05 am by sschiessl »

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Hello Bytemaster, there is an account with -250 million BTS in the genesis file of BitShares 2.0, which was highly related to you. Do you want to comment on this in public? Thanks.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
How about this - pull a Justin Sun, raise BitShares from the dead, and then use it as an EOS flux capacitor (side-chain) to alter the timeline where DeFi becomes synonymous with the one chain to ruleth them all. ;) Anyhow, trust you're doing whatever it takes to mitigate the master-consolidation as always; the sound of helicopter money & prayers for fiscal injections in the name of The Savior FIAT is certainly on its way to becoming as intense as Stan and others here pointed out years ago!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 02:57:41 am by CLains »

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile

BTC crashed recently due to liquidity problem and this happened in BTS frequently over the past few years. Few proposals was introduced to handle the market crash (Mainly apply to BitCNY & BitUSD).

1. BAIP2 - Price Feed Max (Current Price, 48 Hours Moving Average)
https://github.com/bitshares/baips/issues/4

2. BSIP76 - Threshold for price feeds through voting (At this moment is BitCNY/BTS = 0.22,BitUSD/BTS = 0.345)
https://github.com/bitshares/bsips/blob/master/bsip-0076.md

3. BSIP58 - Global Settlement Protection Through Price Feeding
https://github.com/bitshares/bsips/blob/master/bsip-0058.md

You lost this BSIP38 -Add target collateral ratio option to short positions
https://github.com/bitshares/bsips/blob/master/bsip-0038.md