Author Topic: help! do i understand?  (Read 11717 times)

merockstar

We post every development as soon as it occurs.

How fast it all happens depends on how many developers and partners we can get working in parallel.

Browse the forum - there's enough there to whet any whistle!

:)

Now there is  8)

Looking back, I can't believe how uninformed I was when I made these posts.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Can someone elaborate on their plan to short BitUSD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you think the value of bitshares is going up, you short sell BitUSD. You are essentially borrowing USD from the network to buy bitshares. When the price of bitshares is high, you will sell your bitshares, pay off your debt in USD, and have more bitshares than you started off with.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

bitbro

Can someone elaborate on their plan to short BitUSD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Just keep your Bitshares then. They should go way up.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Yeah, unfortunately it's too late to invest in BTS X since the snapshot for the genesis block was February 28th; however, you will be be able to buy BTS as soon as the client becomes available.  If the recent poll is any indicator, ~130,000 shares should be available when the market opens (sellers willing to sell between $1-5) but you'll have to act quickly because I'm almost certain a large number of people will short bitUSD since the expectation is that BTS will be more valuable which will drive the price of BTS up.
What if i will not short bitUSD? What will i miss? Will i still make money by selling Bitshares X for more money then i bought on the exchange like Cryptsy?  :o

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
All those weak hands dumping PTS for Sheepcoin and Trendcoin? They'll be looking back and thinking, "I could have been a contender."

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
We post every development as soon as it occurs.

How fast it all happens depends on how many developers and partners we can get working in parallel.

Browse the forum - there's enough there to whet any whistle!

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

merockstar

All those weak hands dumping PTS for Sheepcoin and Trendcoin? They'll be looking back and thinking, "I could have been a contender."

honestly, i've still been buying shares...

there just doesn't seem to be much information (that's not above my head) published about how it works.

explaining like i'm five, why do you feel that way, sir?

say i wanted to start a DAC. pretend I have a good idea.

whats my first step?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

merockstar

I think this window right now, before Bitshares X is launched and while PTS and AGS are cheap, may be one of the greatest buying opportunities in history.

Why do you think so? Cause of the music DAC?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3536.msg44423#msg44423

What do you think will happen when each of these new snapshot dates is announced?

the only snapshot date I'm aware of was for bitshares x. has there been a new one announced?

could you please elaborate on that? my gut says this is good but I still don't 100 percent understand.

What does happen when one of these snapshot dates is announced? a spike in pts prices? does that mean i should buy pts instead of ags right now?

i'm really liking the idea of ags because the option of cashing my crypto into a pack of cigarettes or some bk is taken away from me that way. I guess i just want somebody to whet my whistle a little bit.

much of the post you linked was a little over my head. you say theres alot on the horizon. what all is being actively developed? is bitshares music far from launch? I remember reading a little about it, it sounded cool but I'm not sure how investors would profit from it.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
I think this window right now, before Bitshares X is launched and while PTS and AGS are cheap, may be one of the greatest buying opportunities in history.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3536.msg44423#msg44423

What do you think will happen when each of these new snapshot dates is announced?

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

+1

Perhaps the greatest transfer of wealth from weak hands to strong hands in the history of wealth passing from weak hands to strong hands?

merockstar

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

+1

Offline etherbroker

• View Profile
~130,000 shares should be available when the market opens (sellers willing to sell between $1-5)

I thought opening price will be $1,000  8)   

jk, or... maybe?