Author Topic: How to make Bitshares mineable while creating buying pressure  (Read 26776 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Why don't we implement a community "SHITCOIN DUMPSTER", where you can throw all your useless, going-nowhere crypto and be paid for them in BC, minus a 20% donation to BC Foundation or multipool bonuses? I'd love to clear out my shitcoin closet, get a few more BC, and support the cause. That's killing 3 birds with one stone!

They are onto something with this. It's almost like a recycling mechanism to turn shit into fuel.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
If people are willing to mine other alt-coins but get paid in POS blackcoin why not create a third party operator/service through which you can route your youtube, iTunes and amazon revenue payments and get paid in Bitshares.

If it can be made more private than the traditional payment methods there should be a market for it.
Plus the fact that you can convert to BitUSD/BitGold etc. should make it more attractive than any other POS trying to pull this off.

That is actually a great idea. I put forth a poll on another thread asking if people want to get paid in Bitshares and over 60% want to be paid in Bitshares.

This means there is some data backing the idea. If you want to start a business which is sure to make a profit then this would be a way of doing it, but another would be to come up with some sorta Bitshares wallet similar to Coinbase or Bitpay (Bitsharespay?).

Anyway I'm all for it. So I put the idea out there to see if anyone would run with it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
If people are willing to mine other alt-coins but get paid in POS blackcoin why not create a third party operator/service through which you can route your youtube, iTunes and amazon revenue payments and get paid in Bitshares.

If it can be made more private than the traditional payment methods there should be a market for it.
Plus the fact that you can convert to BitUSD/BitGold etc. should make it more attractive than any other POS trying to pull this off.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
I have mentioned this approach to mining in our draft website 4.0 under the FAQ... pointed it at this thread.

Any entreprenurers out there want to take a stab at making this a business?
:)
 +5%

Offline fuzzy

Would it be possible to eventually add on new bit"shares" to be paid in?  For instance, mine altcoins and get paid out in bitUSD, bitYuan, bitGold, bitLitecoin, bitDoge...etc?

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bytemaster

I have mentioned this approach to mining in our draft website 4.0 under the FAQ... pointed it at this thread.

Any entreprenurers out there want to take a stab at making this a business?
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
For some reason I get the impression they aren't focused on doing this kind of marketing.
Let me put it this way, this is grime marketing. It's brilliantly undercover, but it's effective.

+5% +5%

Let's go Invictus!

Offline onceuponatime

Maybe you should. I have no money to fund the bounty and also XTS isn't finished anyway. There is nothing to buy yet.

I mean bounty proposal in the sense that it's a proposal for Invictus to spend AGS funds on creating a bounty. ;) All my student loans are in there and in PTS lol. Trying to pull a Garrett Lisi here. (:

For some reason I get the impression they aren't focused on doing this kind of marketing.
Let me put it this way, this is grime marketing. It's brilliantly undercover, but it's effective.

I try not to propose ideas which don't have a successful track record of some sort. In this we have Blackcoin which is proven to behave in a certain way. This shows that the model is a success.

Anyone who put their money into Blackcoin has probably doubled or tripled their money by now, which is material evidence and can be used as the case study for applying the model to Bitshares.

What is likely to happen is that if Bitshares were distributed this way, the price of Bitshares would continuously go up. It would be a speculative pump of Bitshares no doubt, but that is the best way to market something like Bitshares.

I think that a good way to market a cryptoequity is to store value in it long term. That means put your saves in Bitshares if you really believe in it. So how are most people in the cryptocurrency community earning money? They are mining.

All of that earnings is going into **** coins. Blackcoin is a **** coin. Substitute Blackcoin for Bitshares, snatch the value away and put it into something people actually believe in long term.

If we did not believe in the long term possibilities of Bitshares, we would not have bought Angelshares and Protoshares before that. If we did that then of course we believe, but what about the miners who don't believe but who just want to make the money?

They need to be shown. So how do you show them? You prove that Bitshares can make more money than Blackcoin, Auroracoin , Mazacoin and the others. Bitshares has to be proven to be more than an altcoin and you can't do that if no one has any Bitshares.

The people you want to have the Bitshares are the people best at marketing new coins. Those people like it or not are the miners. This has been proven, just look at Litecoin.

Your logic is impeccable.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
Maybe you should. I have no money to fund the bounty and also XTS isn't finished anyway. There is nothing to buy yet.

I mean bounty proposal in the sense that it's a proposal for Invictus to spend AGS funds on creating a bounty. ;) All my student loans are in there and in PTS lol. Trying to pull a Garrett Lisi here. (:

I try not to propose ideas which don't have a successful track record of some sort. In this we have Blackcoin which is proven to behave in a certain way. This shows that the model is a success.

Anyone who put their money into Blackcoin has probably doubled or tripled their money by now, which is material evidence and can be used as the case study for applying the model to Bitshares.

What is likely to happen is that if Bitshares were distributed this way, the price of Bitshares would continuously go up. It would be a speculative pump of Bitshares no doubt, but that is the best way to market something like Bitshares.

I think that a good way to market a cryptoequity is to store value in it long term. That means put your saves in Bitshares if you really believe in it. So how are most people in the cryptocurrency community earning money? They are mining.

All of that earnings is going into **** coins. Blackcoin is a **** coin. Substitute Blackcoin for Bitshares, snatch the value away and put it into something people actually believe in long term.

If we did not believe in the long term possibilities of Bitshares, we would not have bought Angelshares and Protoshares before that. If we did that then of course we believe, but what about the miners who don't believe but who just want to make the money?

They need to be shown. So how do you show them? You prove that Bitshares can make more money than Blackcoin, Auroracoin , Mazacoin and the others. Bitshares has to be proven to be more than an altcoin and you can't do that if no one has any Bitshares.

The people you want to have the Bitshares are the people best at marketing new coins. Those people like it or not are the miners. This has been proven, just look at Litecoin.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
 +5% I think this a very good idea to get the large mining community inadvertently engaged in the marketing and support of Bitshares.

In a way they're engaged in a separate occupation but taking their salaries in Bitshares, which is eventually what the whole world may do :)

I wonder if there's any other online industries besides alt-coin mining where this could be applied.

Offline CLains

• View Profile

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
Very cool idea. I like it!

Convince Bytemaster to put up a bounty and let's do it. I want to mine BTS instead of BTC.

The BC price is the ultimate argument I can think of. Try putting up a [bounty proposal] in the general section luckybit. :)

The vote only makes sense if only people who generally mine vote.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Very cool idea. I like it!

Convince Bytemaster to put up a bounty and let's do it. I want to mine BTS instead of BTC.

The BC price is the ultimate argument I can think of. Try putting up a [bounty proposal] in the general section luckybit. :)

The vote only makes sense if only people who generally mine vote.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
Blackcoin is rising at around an estimated $300,000 per day. They are perfecting the process.

Study it carefully.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
BlackCoin up +42.11% last 24h  8)

We should do the same thing for Bitshares. Let's follow the Blackcoin model and create a pool which functions exactly the same except put Bitshares in place of Blackcoin.

It's a simple stroke of marketing genius which will push value directly into the Bitshares DAC whitehole and trap it in the DAC Fecund universes.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 06:38:23 am by luckybit »