Author Topic: BitShares.com For Sale  (Read 9502 times)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Go for it!! ;-)

Offline testz

btslotto.com and btscharity.com for sale..:D

Definitely you should buy domains for BitShares DNS as much as available, it's will be great investments  ;D
btsdns.com
btsdns.io
btsdns.org

lzr1900

btslotto.com and btscharity.com for sale..:D

Offline BitShares.com

• View Profile
Just received a 4 BTC offer from someone else at BitcoinTalk.org. In review:

smiley35: $35 (10 PTS)
[BST.org PM]: $100
donkeypong: $225 (.5 BTC)
[BST.org PM]: $262.5 (75 PTS)
[BCT.org PM]: $1560 (3 BTC)
[BCT.org PM]: $2480 (4 BTC)

(To clarify- offers in [brackets] are from PMs, so I have removed their handles to respect their privacy.)

Keep 'em coming!

Offline BitShares.com

• View Profile
I just received a 3 BTC offer from a well-known domain investor on bitcointalk.org. I take that as a testament to its future value.

Offline zhao150

• 老子早就不想当代表了
    • View Profile
你这个域名也就卖给3i,如果3i不要,就根本不值钱,
别人就算跟你买了,最终也是卖给3i。
3i给他1/100股份算了
老子早就不想当代表了

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

I find it cute how people here are trying to undervalue this domain while at the same time are expressing interest in purchasing it.

When people are not interested enough to pay much, it's called low demand.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 05:10:05 am by donkeypong »

Offline BitShares.com

• View Profile
I would pay 0.5 BTC for it and then donate it to the community. People are using .io addresses and soon .p2p addresses, etc. Invictus simply creates open source software upon which others build DACs, so a .com site has limited utility. It is not worth any more than this.

I find it cute how people here are trying to undervalue this domain while at the same time are expressing interest in purchasing it. I love the comradery, however there is nothing traitorous about purchasing an asset with the intent to profit.

Just like anything else on the free market, at any given moment in time, a domain is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

Invictus does not 'simply create open source software upon which others build DACs'. If they did, you should be very worried. From what I understand, Invictus puts profitability for their investors and shareholders at the #1 priority, and they make their decisions based on making sure PTS and AGS have enough incentive to be honored by third-party developers. Invictus' products have the marketing and funding backbone that other forks will have to honor to receive. Not to mention, forks that honor PTS and/or AGS are encouraged to use the Bitshares prefix or -Shares suffix for their DAC, further strengthening the BitShares brand awareness, and thus increasing bitshares.com potential valuation.

How does this increase the valuation, you ask? Traffic. When somebody hears of bitshares for the first time, they will Google it. Google gives search-exact one term domains a big ranking boost. If BitShares.com is a website with: 1. Quality, keyword-rich content about bitshares, or a blog, or a forum, or all of the above and 2. The content is engaging and informative, perhaps with a ticker and price graphs or even a wallet service or centralized exchange; then it could easily rank #1 for the term. Invictus could implement all of these things on the .org, however many people might prefer BitShares.com as an unbiased third-party information source/service provider. Invictus might like the setup too, because they could keep BitShares.org as their corporate, easily managed 'who we are, what we do' site, and let other people manage the living and breathing 'happening right now' BitShares.com website. The relationship between Invictus and a third-party owner of BitShares.com could be symbiotic indeed!

Ponder on this... If bitshares is successful especially BTS X and Bitshares DNS then domain names would not mean anything. So whether successful or not domain names are worthless.

If BitShares.com ranks 1 or 2 on Google, and BitShares is successful, and especially if the website is good enough and informative enough for someone to come back to, there will be millions of high-income investment visitors per month. That is worth a lot of money.

It will take a lot to reprogram internet users away from the .com paradigm. Probaby many years, 5-10 I'd guess. And if there is ever a serious threat to .coms, I wouldn't rule out at some point .coms adopting a decentralized archetecture, given the amount of investment currently in the .com industry.

Can you honestly tell me that BitShares.p2p has a nicer ring to it, or a stronger sense of authority, than BitShares.com?

When it comes down to it, BitShares.com is simply the most memorable iteration of a BitShares website address. Let's be real-- if Invictus could register the domain at registrar pricing, they'd be using it already.

(That's your queue to tell me I'm wrong, that BitShares is about 'community', that the non-profit .org is a perfect fit for the financial sector BitShares brand, and that BitShares.com has 'limited utility'...)

If he's trying to profit from their brand, they could in theory make that claim. But my point is that we need to shift the mentality as well as the technology away from patent/trademark wars. I believe they get in the way of progress and creativity.

The domain itself is indeed protected from the Anti Cyber-Squatting Protection Act of 1999 because of the 2003 registration date, and this will be as well for whomever purchases from me (as precedented by the ruling of GoPets Ltd. vs. Hise).

As for the usage of the website that this domain points to, it can be protected from trademark infringement by claiming nominative use. It just needs to be clear on the website that BitShares.com is a third party that is in no way affiliated with Invictus, Inc.

In any case, if the website serves accurate information and provides useful services, this would only help the health of the BitShares brand, and it would not make any sense for Invictus to pursue legal action against the website owner.

Indeed, what would you find an acceptable price  - $500? $1000?  $100,000?

Sure, if somebody offered $100k, I'd take it.

Here is a log of all the offers I've received so far:

smiley35:   $35 (10 PTS)
[PM respected]: $100
donkeypong: $225 (.5 BTC)
[PM respected]: $262.5 (75 PTS)

I'm confident that given this is a very small pool of potential investors, the right buyer will find me in due time. It may be after XT launches, after BitShares is on exchanges and has many more eyes looking this way. The reason I posted this here now was to see if any early core investors wanted to snatch this up before the BitShares market cap breaks 10 digits.

Keep the offers coming :)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
If he's trying to profit from their brand, they could in theory make that claim. But my point is that we need to shift the mentality as well as the technology away from patent/trademark wars. I believe they get in the way of progress and creativity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Maybe the moderator should lock this thread if no one is bidding.
Obvious he can lock it anyway... if no ... I wouldn't be suprised to find "like" Dan Larimer's stealed watch for sale here the next weeks...

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Maybe the moderator should lock this thread if no one is bidding.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Rename the subject from "BitShares.com For Sale" to "BitShares.com domain name For Sale" please...
Every time your post pop-ups I am close to get an heart attack  :)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Ponder on this... If bitshares is successful especially BTS X and Bitshares DNS then domain names would not mean anything. So whether successful or not domain names are worthless. Also is bitshares not a trademarked brand name owned by Invictus?

If I'm not mistaken, he's owned this domain for a few years, so Invictus would not be able to make that claim.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Ponder on this... If bitshares is successful especially BTS X and Bitshares DNS then domain names would not mean anything. So whether successful or not domain names are worthless. Also is bitshares not a trademarked brand name owned by Invictus?