Author Topic: Delegated Proof of Stake (DPOS) White Paper  (Read 76242 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Wow.. nice thread .. thx for letting us know

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
The bitcointalk DPOS thread is quite active, Clout defending against AnonyMint:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=558316.msg6501774#msg6501774

Offline bytemaster

Is that 10% fee definite or can it float?

Is that what you meant by: "increasing user dividends"? Meaning a delegate could say I'll just take 8% commission and thus leave 92% to the shareholders.

Yes
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cob

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Is that 10% fee definite or can it float?

Is that what you meant by: "increasing user dividends"? Meaning a delegate could say I'll just take 8% commission and thus leave 92% to the shareholders.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile
I don't know whether this has been discussed before (if it is, do excuse me) but:

What is the incentive of the user to vote in the first place?

I'm talking about a direct incentive here.

Reason I'm asking is because of this:

Heavycoin had/has its 'revolutionary' block reward voting. I personally couldn't be arsed to change the presets of the miner I downloaded off the pool website.

Users don't have to think about it... their client will automatically vote against anyone who is not performing and otherwise vote for the default clients.  Through observation it all clients will learn who to vote for.   

Users don't have to think about who to vote for, it is all automatic unless they want to override the automatic settings.   Those wishing to become delegate must market and campaign for people to override the defaults.   This means they must provide motivation for people to take action such as:

1) increasing user dividends
2) offering other services as a side benefit

That's very smart. Thanks for the explanation.

Offline smiley35

• View Profile
I don't know whether this has been discussed before (if it is, do excuse me) but:

Heavycoin had/has its 'revolutionary' block reward voting. I personally couldn't be arsed to change the presets of the miner I downloaded off the pool website.

Users don't have to think about it... their client will automatically vote against anyone who is not performing and otherwise vote for the default clients.  Through observation it all clients will learn who to vote for.   

Users don't have to think about who to vote for, it is all automatic unless they want to override the automatic settings.   Those wishing to become delegate must market and campaign for people to override the defaults.   This means they must provide motivation for people to take action such as:

Could you elaborate on that bytemaster. Increase the user dividend by changing the block you mean?

What other services for example?

Offline bytemaster

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile

clout

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3812.0

We should have P2P fully integrated and tested this week under the trustee model.   At this point we will launch the chain with an intention of doing a hard-fork to activate DPOS once enough delegates have been elected and the system is sound.

bitbro

Shouldn't we launch both trustee and dpos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bytemaster

so if there were not this overarching sentiment in the crypto space around decentraliztion the trustee model would win out?

Certainly.   It would solve 99% of problems, increase profits, and reduce overhead. 

As long as there was a social consensus on the chain of command then the network could go on very smoothly.   

Being decentralized has some big marketing advantages and increased robustness against a single server / key being lost or compromised.  So the risks are lower for users which increases value.   It also reduces regulatory risk.

clout

so if there were not this overarching sentiment in the crypto space around decentraliztion the trustee model would win out?

Offline bytemaster

Trustee could be faster.

clout

Yes it does.  30 sec or better. 

so 10 - 30 secs with dpos, and how many with trustee

Offline bytemaster

Yes it does.  30 sec or better.