Author Topic: Today .I made a too bad mistake  (Read 31420 times)

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Adam is a smart guy.  I try not to be insulting, but I see him only attack what is currently my passion.  So I respond. 

That is exactly the problem.   Stop seeing what you want to be true and look at the situation as it is.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Man, this is really getting out of hand . Paging moderators. It is really true that forums are made to voice out opinions that matter importantly to the subject. Adam Levine made some of his because he thought that some of the posts here are not quite accurate. So as far as I know, he has the right to do so. Let him speak and criticize constructively as he is very influential in the world of crypto currency.

Adam has very legitimate criticisms.  So do some people who criticize his beliefs.  That is how adults who are trying to find the best solution interact. 

Adam is a smart guy.  I try not to be insulting, but I see him only attack what is currently my passion.  So I respond. 

I think we both keep it within the realm of constructive.

I am just some random dude and do not in any way represent I3.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
I wish you'd listened more on things like "don't post topics that say GET YOUR BITSHARESX WALLET HERE when it's not at all available" than things like "talk to that guy for marketing".   I wish you had listened more on things like "Don't lock yourself into 100% of Bitshares being allocated, just allocated 10% to PTS and 10% to AGS and leave the remaining 80% flexible" and less on things like "speak on this panel i'm organizing about new ideas".

You guys have made bad decisions and continue to do so, at some point you'll have to launch and then we'll see what got produced with all those pivots and rejiggerings.  Will it be worth the wait?  No idea.  Is it what I signed on for, or what Daniel sold to my listeners?  Nope.

I have huge hope for the project but have lost my faith in the core team at invictus to deliver because every self imposed deadline has been blown, and yet the decision making structure that has failed to perform so far is more entrenched than ever and acting in its own self defense.  Is this what the decentralized revolution looks like?

Adam, do you write code ?  I've tried a bit over the years to get it right but I still underestimate timeframes..  Complexity is not something you can easily estimate.  Without being a coder/programmer it is soooo hard to understand these things.  I wish I knew the right book to reference ...

Dan may have oversold his idealism at times but there is a  100% chance there is going to be neat stuff coming out of this.

Dan tried his best being a salesman.  To me - he only offered potentials.  Yes, I agree he oversold at times, but I believe his intentions are pure and I believe him to be a legitimate actor in the cryptocurrency world.

Has Dan delivered?  Perhaps.  Perhaps not. 

However, please realize that this is about the most bleeding edge you can get..  Nothing in this world has the potential to be as disruptive at BTC 2.0 technologies. 

So if your motives are as pure as you claim, please go a bit easier on Bitshares.  Ask hard questions about implementation/exploits. Do this for all techs.

I do not claim to be a coder, I do not set timelines, I am a user and a prototypical one which should be more concerning.   Many times I suggested that Bitshares not set timeframes it might be unable to keep but it took many public instances of failure for that message to be driven home to the Bitshares team.

How should I be easier on Bitshares?  I am open to suggestions if you think that is best.

Why do you think there is a 100% chance of Daniel delivering?  I am very much concerned the way money was raised is going to cause major problems which would put a giant stop on the whole endeavor.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 03:40:32 am by AdamBLevine »

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Man, this is really getting out of hand . Paging moderators. It is really true that forums are made to voice out opinions that matter importantly to the subject. Adam Levine made some of his because he thought that some of the posts here are not quite accurate. So as far as I know, he has the right to do so. Let him speak and criticize constructively as he is very influential in the world of crypto currency.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I wish you'd listened more on things like "don't post topics that say GET YOUR BITSHARESX WALLET HERE when it's not at all available" than things like "talk to that guy for marketing".   I wish you had listened more on things like "Don't lock yourself into 100% of Bitshares being allocated, just allocated 10% to PTS and 10% to AGS and leave the remaining 80% flexible" and less on things like "speak on this panel i'm organizing about new ideas".

You guys have made bad decisions and continue to do so, at some point you'll have to launch and then we'll see what got produced with all those pivots and rejiggerings.  Will it be worth the wait?  No idea.  Is it what I signed on for, or what Daniel sold to my listeners?  Nope.

I have huge hope for the project but have lost my faith in the core team at invictus to deliver because every self imposed deadline has been blown, and yet the decision making structure that has failed to perform so far is more entrenched than ever and acting in its own self defense.  Is this what the decentralized revolution looks like?

Adam, do you write code ?  I've tried a bit over the years to get it right but I still underestimate timeframes..  Complexity is not something you can easily estimate.  Without being a coder/programmer it is soooo hard to understand these things.  I wish I knew the right book to reference ...

Dan may have oversold his idealism at times but there is a  100% chance there is going to be neat stuff coming out of this.

Dan tried his best being a salesman.  To me - he only offered potentials.  Yes, I agree he oversold at times, but I believe his intentions are pure and I believe him to be a legitimate actor in the cryptocurrency world.

Has Dan delivered?  Perhaps.  Perhaps not. 

However, please realize that this is about the most bleeding edge you can get..  Nothing in this world has the potential to be as disruptive at BTC 2.0 technologies. 

So if your motives are as pure as you claim, please go a bit easier on Bitshares.  Ask hard questions about implementation/exploits. Do this for all techs.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Dude, I said I'm scratching my own itch.  I don't claim to speak for anyone else, I said that a lot of people tend to agree with me because I'm not special just early.

Personally I think the Bitbro thing is really getting old, you seem obsessed with me why can't you just post about the topic at hand?

bitbro

But lets play out your logic, what power has my name given me on these forums besides not being dismissed out of hand as a troll?  I'm really curious what my name is getting me besides being on the record about my complaints.  Has anything changed?  Did anyone listen to me about anything?   Were my concerns addressed? 

Nope.

You are right that your name prevents you as being dismissed as a troll, yet it goes further.  Your influence goes  far beyond "I am not a troll" in credibility.  You are a big part of Bitcoin media.  People really really really listen to you.  Trying to downplay your roll.. please!!!!

I'm a total random, but bytemaster has personally addressed my issues multiples times.  He could have considered me a troll, but he obviously takes on legitimate criticism.

Your last paragraph is a bit of an argument against your point.  You seem on some level to expect your concerns to be addressed because you are Adam B. Levine...

The whole Adam B Levine thing comes across as narcissistic on this forum, not sure how it seems elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say more egocentric than narcissistic.  I am acutely focused on my own needs as a long time invictus investor, but just because I am focused on my own needs does not mean I am the only one who feels put in this same position.   

But this is what i'm talking about with regards to the downside of posting under my real name - Just being me now means I get accused of all kinds of things by people who think I'm wrong.

Eh, it's both.  And quit acting like you're speaking for the masses.  Anyone who wants a voice can come to the forum.  This is the decentralized revolution, but look at you, trying to speak for so many others, trying to centralize us with some supposedly more awesome viewpoint than any other individual posters.  The whole Adam B Levine thing is a god damn mess.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

But lets play out your logic, what power has my name given me on these forums besides not being dismissed out of hand as a troll?  I'm really curious what my name is getting me besides being on the record about my complaints.  Has anything changed?  Did anyone listen to me about anything?   Were my concerns addressed? 

Nope.

You are right that your name prevents you as being dismissed as a troll, yet it goes further.  Your influence goes  far beyond "I am not a troll" in credibility.  You are a big part of Bitcoin media.  People really really really listen to you.  Trying to downplay your roll.. please!!!!

I'm a total random, but bytemaster has personally addressed my issues multiples times.  He could have considered me a troll, but he obviously takes on legitimate criticism.

Your last paragraph is a bit of an argument against your point.  You seem on some level to expect your concerns to be addressed because you are Adam B. Levine...

The whole Adam B Levine thing comes across as narcissistic on this forum, not sure how it seems elsewhere

I'd say more egocentric than narcissistic.  I am acutely focused on my own needs as a long time invictus investor, but just because I am focused on my own needs does not mean I am the only one who feels put in this same position.   

But this is what i'm talking about with regards to the downside of posting under my real name - Just being me now means I get accused of all kinds of things by people who think I'm wrong. 

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

That's my point.  Regardless of expectation I do not get special treatment so your suggestion that I do is simply incorrect.   I expect my concrens to be addressed because I'm a long time supporter both vocally and financially of the Bitshares project, and as an investor I'm very unhappy with the way things are being handled but I have no way to do anything besides voice my concerns.

You most definitely do get special treatment.  How can you not be aware of your status as the #1 media guy in this cryptocurrency world ?  If you're not #1, then give me a list of people ? :)

Honestly, I feel like I am "trolling" you too hard and that it might make you unduly negative towards Bitshares.  *That* is how highly I think of your influence even if I am not a regular podcast listenin' dude.

If you dropped 1k PTS accidentally on an AGS donation and are a sharp guy, then you are far more wealthy than me.  I don't even understand the timing of why you'd be donating 1k on a certain day without being very well off.

You must have a lot of crypto-equity.  I am jealous. :(

What special treatment do I get?  Seriously, you have no idea what you're talking about.   People do not pay me for the work I do, I am a squeaky wheel on forums like these because I am a real investor in the space, just like everybody else. 

I am heavily in cryptoequity because I believe it is the future, which is why I also spend all my time learning, developing and talking about it - this should not be surprising. 

1k PTS is not a small amount, I just always understood the rules about no crying in baseball.  It was my mistake, at least I got some AGS for it even if I was competing against myself.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
In my opinion , the guy who made the mistake , dont have a choice . It has already been donated. That is one feature crypto wallets do not have. What is done is done. Nothing else. I feel sorry for those investor who donated at the wrong time. Their shares have been diluted by this unexpected (maybe stupid) circumstances. Oh man. Pathetic.

Except that mainstream everyday people don't want to lose their life savings over a typo.  It is a double edged sword, the finality of everyday financial transactions.

Can you imagine the level of scams towards elderly if all that was required is a simple typo/misclick to rob them of their entire life savings ?  Sick.

Yup it's pathetically sick.Like a stomach turning upside down. But before sending assets, isn't it there is a confirmation window? How can the guy missed this?  Just feel really sorry. One mistake can cause others' investments go down.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Offline gamey

• View Profile
In my opinion , the guy who made the mistake , dont have a choice . It has already been donated. That is one feature crypto wallets do not have. What is done is done. Nothing else. I feel sorry for those investor who donated at the wrong time. Their shares have been diluted by this unexpected (maybe stupid) circumstances. Oh man. Pathetic.

Except that mainstream everyday people don't want to lose their life savings over a typo.  It is a double edged sword, the finality of everyday financial transactions.

Can you imagine the level of scams towards elderly if all that was required is a simple typo/misclick to rob them of their entire life savings ?  Sick.

bitbro

Nope.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

That's my point.  Regardless of expectation I do not get special treatment so your suggestion that I do is simply incorrect.   I expect my concrens to be addressed because I'm a long time supporter both vocally and financially of the Bitshares project, and as an investor I'm very unhappy with the way things are being handled but I have no way to do anything besides voice my concerns.

You most definitely do get special treatment.  How can you not be aware of your status as the #1 media guy in this cryptocurrency world ?  If you're not #1, then give me a list of people ? :)

Honestly, I feel like I am "trolling" you too hard and that it might make you unduly negative towards Bitshares.  *That* is how highly I think of your influence even if I am not a regular podcast listenin' dude.

If you dropped 1k PTS accidentally on an AGS donation and are a sharp guy, then you are far more wealthy than me.  I don't even understand the timing of why you'd be donating 1k on a certain day without being very well off.

You must have a lot of crypto-equity.  I am jealous. :(

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile