Author Topic: [OVER] TITAN Test Net for XTS Open for Savvy Users  (Read 27288 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

If you relaunch the client with --clear-peer-database and --resync-blockchain  while running the latest code then you can keep your current wallet and contacts.

The wallet will still have a bunch of your stale transactions... which we need to clear out.    We will get something to do that tomorrow.

New chain is up with a new genesis block to prevent people from accidentally connecting to an invalid network.

Run this command to make sure you have the latest genesis block.
default (unlocked) >>> blockchain_get_config
  "blockchain_id": "fad10934fe03db46d4cd1934a47845d5080059933df3770ff6558abb764864e2",

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

It has been an incredibly productive day of bug fixing

Known Issues:
1) Delegate Fee Registration not Enforced on Update
2) Wallet may not include enough fees in some cases

3) Sometimes wallet will attempt to vote for an invalid delegate (0)
4) Wallet cache of name updates may get out of sync (not reporting contacts as registered or delegates)
The known issues will likely be resolved in the next 24 hours...

We have resolved all of these issues which means that we have to reset the chain because of #2... there are now invalid transactions (that did not pay enough fees) in the chain which will prevent users with the latest code from syncing.   

We have also made a whole host of usability enhancements to the CLI.     A new chain will be launching shortly.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Hmm, I needed to do a rescan to see your transactions as well, but I did get them.The spèçiàl çhàrs came out fine.

I was trying to put a " \' " in the memo, but due to my fat fingers and both those keys being next to my enter key, I sent out the transaction by accident before finishing. (Really needs a confirmation question in there before transmitting.) In later tests the client refuses all my messages with " \' " as being to big.

It does need confirmation... I'll add an issue for it.

Offline Fox

Request: Initial Funding
XTS73cZC8ZebD724nxZfnXkGi3Ag3S8a2L7ecMgkR84jY4aLf9VGK

Thanks,
Fox
Witness: fox

Offline JoeyD

Hmm, I needed to do a rescan to see your transactions as well, but I did get them.The spèçiàl çhàrs came out fine.

I was trying to put a " \' " in the memo, but due to my fat fingers and both those keys being next to my enter key, I sent out the transaction by accident before finishing. (Really needs a confirmation question in there before transmitting.) In later tests the client refuses all my messages with " \' " as being to big.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:15:50 pm by JoeyD »

Offline svk

Sorry if it's too little, I was running into a lot of errors trying to figure out how the commands work and lost count of the zeros.

I haven't figured out how the memo thing works, could someone post an example command? Qoute marks don't work and it seems it cuts out after the first space, so are you supposed to use escape-characters for special characters like spaces and such?

EDIT
Also for people not seeing their balance go up, I had to do a blockchain rescan before I saw my new funds.

To send a memo:

Code: [Select]
wallet_transfer 1111 XTS from_account to_account "this is my message"
I don't know if it handles special characters, will send you a message once the recompile is done to test. I did send one earlier with a smiley and that worked :)

Odd I used the exact same format and it got rejected, hmm, maybe I used a single quote in the memo.

EDIT
Oh eventhough I've registered as a delegate I'm not seeing my num connected go up, it's back to 1 now. My log keeps mentioning being connected to 8 peers, but I'm not seeing them in the client software, is that a known issue/feature?

Sent you a couple transactions with memos to test, special characters like çàé seem to work fine, but putting a single quote in there makes the memo blank.

Was gonna try a \' but now my balance is negative all of a sudden even though I had ~30 million left, gonna try to rescan..
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline JoeyD

Sorry if it's too little, I was running into a lot of errors trying to figure out how the commands work and lost count of the zeros.

I haven't figured out how the memo thing works, could someone post an example command? Qoute marks don't work and it seems it cuts out after the first space, so are you supposed to use escape-characters for special characters like spaces and such?

EDIT
Also for people not seeing their balance go up, I had to do a blockchain rescan before I saw my new funds.

To send a memo:

I don't know if it handles special characters, will send you a message once the recompile is done to test. I did send one earlier with a smiley and that worked :)

Odd I used the exact same format and it got rejected, hmm, maybe I used a single quote in the memo.

EDIT
Oh eventhough I've registered as a delegate I'm not seeing my num connected go up, it's back to 1 now. My log keeps mentioning being connected to 8 peers, but I'm not seeing them in the client software, is that a known issue/feature?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 08:05:04 pm by JoeyD »

Offline svk

EDIT

To send a memo:

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline JoeyD

EDIT

Wackou I tried sending you some with a memo a couple of times, but I think only one actually got accepted by the client.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 07:53:44 pm by JoeyD »

Offline denkhaus

• View Profile
please send me some funds to register  a delegate

XTS7CRjqF8hxM8pQdtguYn2F8rm2NhmmeSB2eEHCJqLzw1Qw8mvnW

thx

yea received!

Offline denkhaus

• View Profile
please send me some funds to register  a delegate

XTS7CRjqF8hxM8pQdtguYn2F8rm2NhmmeSB2eEHCJqLzw1Qw8mvnW

thx

Offline JoeyD

Could someone send me enough to try registering a name?

XTS5BKS8X9ALpwkataGZhawrnkbz1ZJT5UnhjpCHBxURp2T6kuLQe

Sent.

5   1747.0    2014-06-03T17:21:00 hackfisher123       hackfisher123       testing             500000          10000   N/A            3a2ee8d29a3b3410c13a46c5aa5f93c2c311c6b2

Thank you Hackerfisher

Sent

Thanks svk and yes it was more than enough to register my name and as a delegate, both fees were 10000 for me.

EDIT
It seems my delegate is listening on port 0.0.0.0:35503 is that correct? If not how or where do I change it?

EDIT2
Another thing I noticed is that the log mentions being connect to 8 nodes, but inside the client I only ever see the 1 num connected and single peer. Oh hang on, now I see 2 connected, one being myself.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 07:25:56 pm by JoeyD »

Offline wackou

Could I have some too? Thanks!

XTS649hZNYevZgEKLjNkv9WqjdfvzyvGtnqtjcLWFDxvXo4pSsrf9
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

Could someone send me some BIPS?

XTS72E5WHYP79vY4FuNZB4eVUs4hw71Aynr3Cv8CB9e2rQWJpB57q

Sent.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.