Author Topic: BTSX trade is open on btc38  (Read 25451 times)

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Hold on now..let me put it another way... 0.0085 is c5 dollars. Are the bitshares traded on bter imply a market cap of 10 mil or 20 mil??'..

I would guess 20 mil based on 4 mil and they will adjust accordingly...if we imply 10 mil market cap and then this is adjusted accordingly I better come back from my holidays, get a loan and buy them all..

Can someone please clarify this???

That's important, I've been using 4 million. They're awarding the right conversion to PTS I think, & PTS only got 2 million, but as PTS is 1/2 the total you multiply 4 million to get the CAP.

If it's different please tell me.

Though at the same time I've probably already put as much money as I'm happy keeping on an exchange and plus you can't be a 100% confident they will honour the new conversion etc. properly.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Hold on now..let me put it another way... 0.0085 is c5 dollars. Are the bitshares traded on bter imply a market cap of 10 mil or 20 mil??'..

I would guess 20 mil based on 4 mil and they will adjust accordingly...if we imply 10 mil market cap and then this is adjusted accordingly I better come back from my holidays, get a loan and buy them all..

Can someone please clarify this???

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Bter calculates 2mil or 4 mil????
They did a PTS*1.28 afaik

so much confusion :(

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Bter calculates 2mil or 4 mil????

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

You are absolutely correct my friend!  I have no idea what the non-sense above means.

From the sound of it, on some test exchange, you will be selling and/or almost selling real fast –‘ 10 transactions per second’, some kind of cloths ‘shorts’  .
Just for the fun of it –'ha ha' -you will also have groups placing bid and ask orders, but it will be impossible for those orders to be matched - 'Bids/asks/… (but no order matching, ha ha)'

Indeed I have no idea which part makes it so amazing?

I've been playing with Dry Run 8. I must say - the almost instant confirmations are absolutely astonishing. So for comparison - Bitcoin takes 10 minutes. This takes a few seconds.

And the funny thing is - there is still so much room for improvement.

UPDATE: I am glad I did not become liquid before I saw the end result up and running. I was going to sell up to 70% of my stake. But now I think I might just keep buying. :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
BTSX 0.00850000. Thank you early investors. Sorry you still  didn't get any new share in our beautiful DACs. But hey, at least we are rich.
? What are you talking about? How is rich?

[ ] you know that btc38 calculates with 2M instead of 2B shares?

Offline gaba

• View Profile
BTSX 0.00850000. Thank you early investors. Sorry you still  didn't get any new share in our beautiful DACs. But hey, at least we are rich.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Same issue with bitcoin btw ..

Offline bytemaster

I figured .00001 was a good amount of precision, if we did 200B then we would only have .001 precision. 

Due to the limits of 64 bit numbers we can not have both large supply and large precision.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Anyone know what total supply they are using? We're pretty much forced to use whatever they chose now...

We are not forced, they simply update everyones balance with the proper stock-split.

Go with 2 billion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why not 200 billion instead? This way more of the planet can afford to buy it.

It really shouldn't matter to us but it depends on if you're marketing to Wall Street or the rest of the world. Wall Street likes expensive because the high price makes news but the rest of the world likes cheap.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Be careful. You guys might be paying 500 times the actual price. They are clearly basing the price off 4million but it will be 2Billion. There is no chain, so this is just an IOU. And if the exchange gets a piece of 2 billion and hands out shares based on the 4million, I wouldn't be surprised at all.
a little above your post:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5471.msg73394#msg73394

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
??? what does that have to do with this thread? That was a discussion about what features are tested on our latest test net, nothing to do with altcoin exchanges
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
obviously you don't have a clue what this means :

Re: Dry Run 7: The Power of DPOS
« Reply #554 on: Today from toast
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5381.540

We're taking this one down. Great success all around, except for our sloppy hard fork at the end.

Next test net:

* 10 transactions per second
* 10 second blocks
* Bids/asks/shorts (but no order matching, ha ha)

You are absolutely correct my friend!  I have no idea what the non-sense above means.

From the sound of it, on some test exchange, you will be selling and/or almost selling real fast –‘ 10 transactions per second’, some kind of cloths ‘shorts’  .
Just for the fun of it –'ha ha' -you will also have groups placing bid and ask orders, but it will be impossible for those orders to be matched - 'Bids/asks/… (but no order matching, ha ha)'

Indeed I have no idea which part makes it so amazing?

Offline Bitshark

• View Profile
What figure is being used for the price of PTS at the time of the time of snapshot?