Author Topic: BTSX trade is open on btc38  (Read 25444 times)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Not everyone here makes a decent profit at market cap 25 mil..my break even is actually at 40 mil market cap and I was following from day one.but things were changing all the time and I got really confused back then..kept expensive pts instead of ags even after the snapshot..

I would be in a much better position if I was buying now instead of blocking my money for six months...at least I helped funding the development so even if I am still making losses I feel that someone used the money for something that will become great in the future..

And most importantly...now that I want to buy some cheap (hopefully) bts I am on holidays and have no access to any funds..my luck in the whole project is unreliable,..

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Lemme' get this straight. 1 BTSX is the claim on the snapshot of 1 PTS which was left on the exchange?

So it doesn't matter how many shares i3 releases, you will still get the same proportional amount?

So since there were 4,000,000 AGS/PTS shares snapshotted, 1 BTSX means you get 0.00000025% of the total supply of BTSX shares released? However many that may be?

Correct. (Well, almost - btsx was not awarded 1:1 to pts, it was closer to 1.28:1  -  50% of btsx to total PTS supply at that time)
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Bitshark

• View Profile
Lemme' get this straight. 1 BTSX is the claim on the snapshot of 1 PTS which was left on the exchange?

So it doesn't matter how many shares i3 releases, you will still get the same proportional amount?

So since there were 4,000,000 AGS/PTS shares snapshotted, 1 BTSX means you get 0.00000025% of the total supply of BTSX shares released? However many that may be?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Early investors are obviously big suckers. THX,

I do not know which part of them you find suckers –  one that sell cheap now or  one that are happy to have given their money back in Jan/February, while they could have bought their stake now at same/lower price?

I'm confused. How is it lower price? I bought in for 5BTC and my investment is now worth over 20BTC. May be the ones that bought at 28AGS/BTC are suckers, but that was not the norm, just deadline pressure. Keep in mind that AGS is not just the value of BTSX it will get a stake in other DACs as well.

Also to my knowledge trading is still not a part of the BTSX, so this is still somewhat hypothetical. There is still risk, but also an opportunity for speculators.

Well, it all depend how you calculate this – if you were first day/week PTS miner or BTC early miner or buyer at > $10/BTC,  you have made thousands % return on this.
 I think of myself as a ‘sucker’ because regardless of the price I got my BTCs, I gave my money 6 mo. before I needed to and  I darn sure knew this thing was not doable in anything less than 6-9 mo.

But without your/our funding the project would never have gotten off of the ground.  So thank you, Simeon II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
that's the absolute bottom ($25 mil.)

I do not know.
Right now somebody is more than happy to sell you 54 BTC worth of BTSX at 0.01049 (i.e. at your absolute bottom price)

BitSharesX is much better than NXT  even now we are on a testing phase !!!
Imagine that beast out  :)

Let's say I am over optimistic  and I am wrong...
Let's say they are indentical... NXT market cap is wright now at $50 mil.
don't you think we diserve more than $25 mil.?  :P

PS I can imagine that the first Days the price will jump up and down, ok, but when the prizes stabilizes it is obvious that it can't be under $25mil. isn't it?

I know that 90% of the 20-30 most active posters here wear  pom-poms at all times and want to contribute nothing else  in 80% of their posts other than ‘We/Bitshares will be great one day.’ The great potential is something with which I generally agree. I just find useless and annoying this to be repeated in every post. I know that you 'dani lion' have your all-important, simi- leading cheerleading role in this stadium. But the topic is ‘BTSX trade is open on btc38’… I know the OP put it in the Marketing sub-forum for unclear reasons, but if you have great marketing insight or just want to say the same old you post 10 times a day, post it in some of the other threads meant for general cheerleading…

In this thread ‘absolute bottom’ means the lowest price for XYZ, not ‘[we have] absolutely [great] [ass]/bottom’

obviously you don't have a clue what this means :

Re: Dry Run 7: The Power of DPOS
« Reply #554 on: Today from toast
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5381.540

We're taking this one down. Great success all around, except for our sloppy hard fork at the end.

Next test net:

* 10 transactions per second
* 10 second blocks
* Bids/asks/shorts (but no order matching, ha ha)

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 08:39:13 pm by liondani »

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

What do you guys think will be required to get BTSX on coinmarketcap ?  I'm going to pm the creator and ask.  Top 10 will be rearranged. :)

That will probably be one of best ways for letting people know about it imo. Everybody looks at that. 

(It's the 5000th most popular website in the world and 2671 in the USA. )

Soon there will be so many DAC's we'll need a DACMarketcap :)

Edit: The question is where do they get re-directed when they click on the BTSX symbol on coinmarketcap?

http://bitshares.org/industries/banking/      - That's pretty vague, I mean I can't see looking at that what makes it different from Bitcoin
http://bitshares.org/banking-learn-more/    - That needs to be updated a lot

This is something marketing should have been on ages ago. Crucially important.

They also need an official btsx coin logo. I have not paid real close attention to BTS-X until recently. Does such a thing exist?

I have to say there's some good information on the BitShares X wiki at least. http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares_X Phew. So there's stuff there that can be added to the website/forum to make some cool, informative and marketable page when people click through on the BTSX symbol. (Whenever the main guys are happy listing it.)

Edit:   I wonder if what we need is a comparison chart similar to this http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Why_choose_Bitshares%3F
- that compares BitShares X to a regular bank & Exchange in terms of privacy, performance, fees/dividends, features and risks (Like less risk of confiscation etc.)

I think a combination of a person being able to see a comparison chart on BitShares X vs. normal banks & exchanges as well as communicating they run on a superior blockchain created by the same developers (Showing them the DPOS comparison chart above), it should help convince them X has the potential to be a superior bank & exchange, given that it already has basic features and is running on a blockchain that outperforms all the others in this space, that was also developed by the same people. 
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 07:54:26 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
I still expect price to go way lower initially. Many people withdrew their PTS prior to the snapshot. So the BTSX being traded has an artificially limited supply. Once BTSX is really liquid (can be deposited/withdrawn from exchanges) we will likely see a temporary big drop. It is nice however to set the tone and advertise this high market cap. But don't forget it is really artificial.

You do not have to tell them that!  >:(

See liondani's post "It is the 'absolute bottom’ here and now!"

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Be careful. You guys might be paying 500 times the actual price. They are clearly basing the price off 4million but it will be 2Billion. There is no chain, so this is just an IOU. And if the exchange gets a piece of 2 billion and hands out shares based on the 4million, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Once you're trading on a centralised exchange it's all basically trust isn't it?

I personally doubt that two major exchanges are going to risk their entire reputation and business on doing something shady here.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Be careful. You guys might be paying 500 times the actual price. They are clearly basing the price off 4million but it will be 2Billion. There is no chain, so this is just an IOU. And if the exchange gets a piece of 2 billion and hands out shares based on the 4million, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Please don't add to coinmarketcap!
We don't have *any* good info site yet...

If you want to do work towards this end then go here:
https://github.com/nmushegian/bitshares-x.info
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

What do you guys think will be required to get BTSX on coinmarketcap ?  I'm going to pm the creator and ask.  Top 10 will be rearranged. :)

That will probably be one of best ways for letting people know about it imo. Everybody looks at that. 

Edit: The question is where do they get re-directed when they click on the BTSX symbol on coinmarketcap?

http://bitshares.org/industries/banking/      - That's pretty vague, I mean I can't see looking at that what makes it different from Bitcoin

They also need an official btsx coin logo. I have not paid real close attention to BTS-X until recently. Does such a thing exist?

I almost wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't...

I'm glad the main guys have got their heads down in the trenches. But marketing side, I'm getting the feeling they haven't prepared for the launch.

Offline friendsofbitshares

• View Profile

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I still expect price to go way lower initially. Many people withdrew their PTS prior to the snapshot. So the BTSX being traded has an artificially limited supply. Once BTSX is really liquid (can be deposited/withdrawn from exchanges) we will likely see a temporary big drop. It is nice however to set the tone and advertise this high market cap. But don't forget it is really artificial.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 06:57:36 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

What do you guys think will be required to get BTSX on coinmarketcap ?

Nothing... they will do that themselves in 2-3 days...