Author Topic: List of BitAssets to pre-register  (Read 10549 times)

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
I think they are talking about "X" style asset.
for "me" style asset, should not need depth limit, right?because there is no margin call here.

There are 2 styles?

I want my 3 color / 2 size SHORTS (see above) in both styles, please !
for "X" style, you need to freeze enough XTS as a backup to issue your SHORTS,
and be careful  force margin call when your SHORTS price up, or you will lose all your SHORTS  :D

you need to

+5% +5%  ;D

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
for "me" style asset, should not need depth limit, right?because there is no margin call here.

There are 2 styles?

for "X" style, you need to freeze enough XTS as a backup to issue your SHORTS,
and be careful  force margin call when your SHORTS price up, or you will lose all your SHORTS  :D

you need to

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

There are 2 styles?

Offline alt

• View Profile
Isn't it very easy to fake market depth?

How? If you put in "fake" bids/asks they can still get matched, and if you cancel them then the "fake" market depth is no longer there and trading stops

If you are talking about a small or new asset, what is to stop me from creating it then populating the exchange with orders that I both buy and sell with various idents?   Those trades would really happen, and my only cost would be the tx fees.  At the point the market bootstraps, I win! my asset is trading at the expense of others.  If I fail what did it cost me besides the tx fees?

Offline alt

• View Profile
I think usd cny eur btc is enough.
nobody will buy bts with gold or something else like stock.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

How? If you put in "fake" bids/asks they can still get matched, and if you cancel them then the "fake" market depth is no longer there and trading stops

If you are talking about a small or new asset, what is to stop me from creating it then populating the exchange with orders that I both buy and sell with various idents?   Those trades would really happen, and my only cost would be the tx fees.  At the point the market bootstraps, I win! my asset is trading at the expense of others.  If I fail what did it cost me besides the tx fees?
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
Any BitAsset with enough market depth will be tradeable. Anybody can "propose" a new BitAsset at any time.
We can "pre-register" a bunch of BitAssets for the sole purpose of preventing anyone from issuing an asset with a name/ticker of something you would expect to be market-pegged.

Please help us crowdsource a list of assets that should be market pegged.

We need:

* Name
* Symbol
* Precise Description (needs to be specific to have a price - "1 ounce 99.9% gold", maybe even "delivered to NYSE within 1 week")
* Precision: how many decimal places this asset needs

I request:

SHORTS,...    SHORTS,...   SHORTS,....  SHORTS,...                 SHORTS,...     SHORTS,...   SHORTS,....  SHORTS,...

* Name: SHITTY SHORTS
* Symbol: SHORTS

* Precise Description: 1 pair of man’s shorts (N42 to 46; red/blue or yellow – whatever size and colour we have at the moment in stock;) delivery – undeliverable, you are free to pick them from any delegate on the blockchain; We do not vote for delegates that do not carry SHORTS!!!

* Precision: 0 - You do not what your shorts split in parts, do you?

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:33:51 am by Simeon II »

Offline Pheonike

I think we should start out with 5 to 8 assets initially that define the core bitshares assets then wait 30 days or so to allow user created assets. Or perhaps have a weekly vote by users to decide which new assets will be added. By limiting the initial assets we should be able to build the market depth faster for those core assets.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Hang Seng- Hong Kong index

Nikkei- Japanese index

Commodities:

Aluminum
Natural Gas
RBOB
Brent Crude
Uranium
Wheat
Ethanol
Orange Juice  >:(
Sugar
Pork Bellies
Rice
Propane
Palladium
Platinum
Corn
Steel
Coffee
Butter
Milk

If you are going to have indexes, don't forget:
NDX
OEX
QQQQ

You can also do:
ETF's
Double and triple leveraged ETF's
Short/inverse ETF's which can also be double triple leveraged i.e. FAZ

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
It would be nice if the main bitassets (3-5 Highest volume) formed the focus & were on the main trading page and the other ones were secondary somehow imo.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
I wonder if there is way to deal with user issued assets that attempt to trick users with similar looking names.

>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
S&P 500 before the DJIA.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
"depth" is just # of BTSX in orders. So for example you might need 2% of all BTSX on each side (shorts + asks) to turn on trading
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
Ok just asking, I haven't though about it, it just seemed like you could make a bunch of activity at a low price or something.  I also wasn't sure how you are measuring market depth

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.