Author Topic: BTS X is Live  (Read 54440 times)

jakub

How safe is it to invest real money into BTSX? I've gone through this topic but haven't found a direct answer to this.
I mean what are the chances that a big bug is found and the whole blockchain needs to be reset and my current BTSX balance is gone for ever?
And in case the blockchain needs to be reset will the BTSX balances be reinstated in the new blockchain via some kind of snapshot of the previous blockchain?

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
This is a BitShares Breaking Event Alert.

Pay attention to the following sites for more breaking information:
  • dacsunlimited.com
  • bitshares-x.info
  • bitshares.org
  • bitsharestalk.org

Can someone confirm where I'll find the most stable wallets and reliable information regarding Bitshares X.  the bitshares-x.info site, looks very professional and encourages me to continue investing (a happy feeling). But, the wallet version is on 0.2.2 (stable version maybe?)

This dacsunlimited.com site has a later wallet version 0.2.3 and has received the blessing of BM along with a higher slot in the pecking order.
but, the site is full of broken links and frankly looks like a hobby coin site, not a product I wish to invest in.

Anyone up for a little "Magic The Gathering Online eXchange".

If dacsunlimited.com  were my first impression of the Bitshares ecosystem, I'd have gone runny months ago. IMHO a big "coming soon" banner with a link to bitshares-x.info would better serve us.

8)

+5%

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
This is a BitShares Breaking Event Alert.

Pay attention to the following sites for more breaking information:
  • dacsunlimited.com
  • bitshares-x.info
  • bitshares.org
  • bitsharestalk.org

Can someone confirm where I'll find the most stable wallets and reliable information regarding Bitshares X.  the bitshares-x.info site, looks very professional and encourages me to continue investing (a happy feeling). But, the wallet version is on 0.2.2 (stable version maybe?)

This dacsunlimited.com site has a later wallet version 0.2.3 and has received the blessing of BM along with a higher slot in the pecking order.
but, the site is full of broken links and frankly looks like a hobby coin site, not a product I wish to invest in.

Anyone up for a little "Magic The Gathering Online eXchange".

If dacsunlimited.com  were my first impression of the Bitshares ecosystem, I'd have gone runny months ago. IMHO a big "coming soon" banner with a link to bitshares-x.info would better serve us.

8)

Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline bytemaster

Send me a PM and I can get you in on a trial basis.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

Any way to get in as a delegate in place of one of those ints? I'm still stuck far out at 250+ rank.

Start a thread advertising yourself (campaigning) as a delegate.  Explain why you're a good one (network stability, trustworthiness, length of time with the community, etc.) as well as what your payment will be: customer cost vs shareholder return.  If people like what they read they'll vote for you.

sumantso

Any way to get in as a delegate in place of one of those ints? I'm still stuck far out at 250+ rank.

merockstar

there's no way to decentralize fiat > crypto

once you have crypto though, everything else can be decentralized. you can have a decentralized crypto exchange (and i'm pretty sure that's actually the plan for bitshares x), there's just no way to get fiat into it.

I think the value of BTC will be that it will always remain the most established gateway for fiat <-> BTC. All the other interesting stuff will be in things like BTC <-> BTSX, BTC <-> Ethereum. Until any of these projects become important enough that the fiat gateways will start using them as well.

agreed partially. I think even after gateways are established for other, better cryptos, BTC won't be going away anytime soon people have already invested millions into it. they now have reason to promote it over superior technologies.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

once you have crypto though, everything else can be decentralized. you can have a decentralized crypto exchange (and i'm pretty sure that's actually the plan for bitshares x), there's just no way to get fiat into it.

I think the value of BTC will be that it will always remain the most established gateway for fiat <-> BTC. All the other interesting stuff will be in things like BTC <-> BTSX, BTC <-> Ethereum. Until any of these projects become important enough that the fiat gateways will start using them as well.

merockstar

I have a question out of curiosity. I understand Bithsares X itself is a DAC, but is there a possible way of potentially making the whole process of buying crypto/BitAssets decentralized? I mean to deposit cash directly into it? I know this might be too farfetched but i was just wondering. since I still have to rely on an exchange to deposit cash, buy btc and then transfer them over to my wallet. Sorry if it sounded dumb but i was just wondering.. It really would be awesome, without having to rely on an exchange (since i guess I would always have to rely on a bank to transfer money here). It would be one less intermediary

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I have a question out of curiosity. I understand Bithsares X itself is a DAC, but is there a possible way of potentially making the whole process of buying crypto/BitAssets decentralized? I mean to deposit cash directly into it? I know this might be too farfetched but i was just wondering. since I still have to rely on an exchange to deposit cash, buy btc and then transfer them over to my wallet. Sorry if it sounded dumb but i was just wondering.. It really would be awesome, without having to rely on an exchange (since i guess I would always have to rely on a bank to transfer money here). It would be one less intermediary
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

sumantso

Cheers vikram, gamey. Still can't find it though - can you tell me what should be the name of it?

The command is 'wallet_export_to_json <filename>'. It's called whatever filename you entered.

Cheers vikram, gamey. Still can't find it though - can you tell me what should be the name of it?

The command is 'wallet_export_to_json <filename>'. It's called whatever filename you entered.

Also if you didn't enter a path it'll be wherever you called the client from.  Likely the directory you built it in :).

I didn't find it, because I realized it was never created! The program files folder is administrative protected, so when doing through CLI it just doesn't (I think).

Is there a way to separate out the accounts? Like import just 1 account in another wallet?

sumantso

Well, registered sumantso as a delegate. Please swing by some votes for me :)

EDIT: At rank 244.

I've set block production ALL true. Which command do I use to check if its indeed on?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 06:14:15 am by sumantso »

Offline Riverhead

Also if you didn't enter a path it'll be wherever you called the client from.  Likely the directory you built it in :).

Offline vikram

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Cheers, will set up then once I import my balances in. Any suggestion on the pay rate?
Yes. You cannot increase it, so be careful, start with 100.