Author Topic: Delegate vote swaps  (Read 7786 times)

Offline betax

• View Profile
I voted all on this thread and not only. I will soon reveal my voting list  ;)

Add me to the list and reveal it so I can do the voting.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I voted all on this thread and not only. I will soon reveal my voting list  ;)

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Voted for all on current vote swaps list and updated.
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
This is the story of a fisherman who walked every day by the sea, casting a net and asking the Lord for a good catch. One day he took out their networks and what to see - a human eye. The fisherman took the eye and took it to the king, showed their catches and announced that he wanted to sell it. The king asked him the price of the eye, and the fisherman replied that it would cost as much gold as it weighs eye. Put the eye on the instrument, and the other began to put gold - Put kg, two, three, five, ten, but the scale of the eye never risen. The eye stayed still heavier. King wondered what to do and called a wise man to advise him. The sage gave the following advice to resolve the situation in which a human eye weighs more than all the gold of the king "should be put on the eye a little dust." By eye threw dust, then squinted and then journeyed up.
All gasped, and the sage said, "Sometimes you have to help yourself, dear pollen mesh to satisfy, or what you want, what you want ... It's nice to do, but one is loaded with unnecessary desires. Every moment of life is an opportunity to achieve our human desires, but in a moment we need very little.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Personally I would prefer a delegate with 100% pay who has a solid targeted plan to use that income wisely, rather than one with 0% pay who is essentially targeting everyone equally.

I do not know where you live, but in this country we have seen a lot of politicians claiming to know how to spend our money better than us.

Most of the time the money not spend for themselves/given to friends are used for starting a war or two with random country.
So, I personally am not voting for any delegate with over about 15% pay rate, period.
There are a couple of people I might trust with a 100% rake,  but that's gonna be few and far between.   Other than that I agree with Simeon, and his parallel with politics.   I say lower taxes is the solution.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
Pay rate is an interesting topic.
The delegates that I and other two forum members are running destroy 20% of the fees for each, more over we will  give back 30% of the fees to the community.

Any suggestion ?

Our election post:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5862.0
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 06:45:21 pm by heyD »

Xeldal

Personally I would prefer a delegate with 100% pay who has a solid targeted plan to use that income wisely, rather than one with 0% pay who is essentially targeting everyone equally.

I do not know where you live, but in this country we have seen a lot of politicians claiming to know how to spend our money better than us.

Most of the time the money not spend for themselves/given to friends are used for starting a war or two with random country.
So, I personally am not voting for any delegate with over about 15% pay rate, period.

That's fine, I don't blame you.  That is a perfectly reasonable stance. I would not vote for a delegate who proposes to start wars either.

What I'm saying is, my vote for a delegate who chooses to donate 85% of his 100% income towards something I would be interested in donating to anyways, like say the bitshares development team, serves my interest more than a delegate who donates their 85% equally to everyone, people i don't support included.

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
No just I feel too lazy to explain the effect of destroying transaction fees…
If you do not want to figure it yourself out, the topic should be discussed (in this forum including).

Offline Riverhead

From what I've read the pay rate percentage isn't how much you keep vs return to the market it's how much you keep vs "destroy to reduce supply".  So it's not like if you're at 50% you're being less greedy (in the short term).  You're just reducing the number of BTSX by destroying half the transaction fees you earned.  This will likely increase the value of each BTSX in a classic supply/demand sense I guess.

Someone correct me if I've misunderstood this.

Corrected as requested!

What did you change?  It looks the same to me.  Or was I mid edit when you posted the quote?

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

From what I've read the pay rate percentage isn't how much you keep vs return to the market it's how much you keep vs "destroy to reduce supply".  So it's not like if you're at 50% you're being less greedy (in the short term).  You're just reducing the number of BTSX by destroying half the transaction fees you earned.  This will likely increase the value of each BTSX in a classic supply/demand sense I guess.

Corrected as requested!

Offline Riverhead

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 06:20:22 pm by Riverhead »

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

Xeldal

Offline spartako

• View Profile
Also all spartakos moved to 50%....so Simeon II please vote for notgreedydelegatesintop100
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Xeldal

Not to mention, not one of us currently has a single delegate in the top 101.

my delegate is on second slot currently

And the ONLY one with less then 100% fee...

so I missed one, gratz jabbajabba

I'd be willing to bet that the 50% pay rate has little to nothing to do with his placement.

In fact I've change my delegate xeldal to 50%. Lets see if it has any effect.

I don't expect this to change anything, but I'd be delighted to be wrong.