Author Topic: Kevin Harrington and St. Martin  (Read 22955 times)

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Adam, Brian is extremely occupied bringing the DACs to people and people to DACs thru several mediums, please don't be surprised if it takes a while for a response to your questions

Can you elaborate on any of this from knowledge or is this what you think/hope Brian does?  I feel like I've paid pretty close attention but I might have missed it.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Right, I guess my question is given Brian made his first presentation today on the 5th wave of decentralization, and just had a very positive first meeting - is there any progress or projects to report that aren't new today?  Any work over the past few months, or results generated?   

The original post in this thread feels like it's trying to imply causation for things it doesn't seem to be connected to like the price movement and the fact that it was mentioned in a few articles.  I've been talking to lots of people about Bitshares including journalists who then go on to talk about it because it's interesting, but I'm just some schlub - Did you actually work with those authors to get Bitshares mentioned or are you just also noting that elsewhere in the ecosystem this happened?

So schmoozing whales is fine if that is the role Brian is filling, but usually theres a LOT more to than just showing up at a meeting and pitching.  I've never really understood the role Brian fills.  I assumed he would be an advocate for the community, but that seems obviously to not have happened.  its great he's done some videos, but I still am at a loss of why Bytemaster is being put out edited for fancyness (music and titles) but unedited for content so he looks like an amateur when he stutters or repeats himself a bunch of times.    I thought maybe Brian would be the face able to be the voice of bitshares for the everyman, who could ask the obvious questions and then help them understand the logical answer.  Essentially an interpreter for Daniel who is a bit too technical, not a great speaker and too engineery for "normals".

But that didnt happen either.

So I really really really am not trying to be a dick here, I want to understand what Brian actually does because I don't see it and Director of Marketing seems like it should have obvious, public results.   Where are they?

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
i am not conviced.

the buying pressure came from the chinese community. over 75% of the tradingvolume was in btsx/cyn. it was like the same days before, there were the selling pressure from chinese. so i hope Kevin will get involved, but i am certian he has not bought in the last 2 days a significant amount of btsx.

I think he is more of a sales representative or a liaison of some sort. Instead of marketing the "brand", it seems he is schmoozing for whales. No offense, whales are needed too. It's just not the job a marketing director should be doing.

i got the same feeling, and i would be not so much concerned if he gets more people from the community involved. here is so much untapped potential, why not use it?

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Good job! Brain, looking forward to more updates!
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline soniq

• View Profile
Word of mouth advertising is still the best advertising there is.  If Kevin Harrington (if it is  indeed Kevin and associates buying) is telling his network to buy BTSX.

Then not only do we have some strong hand holding BTSX, but some pretty influential hands as well.

Brian in St Martins = Mission accomplished
Pr7V9GUm59dtKWXG6RJSymPsyCaCKWwNEj
Soniq on Bitcointalk -- Verified
Bitshares btsx:soniq

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
That's pretty efficient. Right?

bitbro

"Marketing director" encompasses all marketing responsibilities, although they are often delegated to roles such as "sales reps" or "video editor" through a concept known as business management.  Brian's doing it all

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
I think he is more of a sales representative or a liaison of some sort. Instead of marketing the "brand", it seems he is schmoozing for whales. No offense, whales are needed too. It's just not the job a marketing director should be doing.

bitbro

Adam, Brian is extremely occupied bringing the DACs to people and people to DACs thru several mediums, please don't be surprised if it takes a while for a response to your questions

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Hey guys. We just had an incredible dinner meeting with Kevin Harrington of Shark Tank fame (as well as a dozen other equally successful business leaders and high net worth individuals from around the globe).  He's a fricking rockstar in business and very interested in what BitShares is doing.  We'll be spending all day with him tomorrow to see what may be possible.   

Dan absolutley got everyone here buzzing about BitShares, I did my first presentation on the Fifth Wave of Decentralization, we were mentioned in the Wired Magazine article today and on a recent TED talk as well.  Half the attendees purchased BitSharesX (if you noticed the 20% bump this morning- that was these guys). Great things in store for all of us....   B

- check faceboook for updates and photos.

Hey Brian,
what do you view as your role in the ecosystem?  What are your job responsibilities?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
it's the beginning...

are you ready?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 02:44:20 pm by liondani »

Offline Riverhead

Indeed.  Buying large amounts of something people are selling in small amounts takes time or you end up way over paying  :-[ .

bitbro

Half the attendees purchased BitSharesX (if you noticed the 20% bump this morning- that was these guys). Great things in store for all of us....   B
24h volume is 224,000$. Looks like small players.

Getting in over time, otherwise would push the market

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
Half the attendees purchased BitSharesX (if you noticed the 20% bump this morning- that was these guys). Great things in store for all of us....   B
24h volume is 224,000$. Looks like small players.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 12:51:10 pm by BldSwtTrs »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
*bulleyes activated*

$_$