Author Topic: What is Invictus's Policy on Selling their AGS BTSx in first 6-12mo?  (Read 7473 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline bytemaster

nice said bytemaster

it would be really nice if everyone in this project could be more open about timeline, plans etc. everything is done "behind" the curtains and will be revealed after and not before. this is maybe my personal biggest critique point in everything you (I3) is doing.

more communication and more organized information at the homepages will attract more people. you raised a lot of money and i don't understand why no on is taking care about points like

1. good organized homepage with the best available information right now
2. someone in charge of the community (public relation)
3. more information about what you guys are doing. and i mean not the coders but everyone else. this is not a company project and many people want to have the feeling to be a part of this called "many bitshares to rule same all" project.

so, maybe you guys at I3 take this words and include the community more then you do now.

(just my 2 cents)

Here is the thing.... I post everything I know to these forums almost as soon as I know.   All information is out there... on the chinese side people have created entire blogs dedicated to organizing information available in English from all of my posts.  It is apparently doing wonders for the Chinese side.    No one on the english side has decided to create a blog.  We need blogs by many people who can summarize the latest news for everyone or even decide what is worth for it.   This will help dramatically with SEO. 

Apparently everyone on our team whom I have asked to take point on this has gotten busy with "more pressing issues" and thus we need more manpower... keeping information straight is a full time reporting job in my opinion so it is no wonder Stan, Brian, and others cannot do it.   Fuznuts could create a blog and tackle it... but it will take an entire site like Lets Talk BitShares to keep up... and then people will still complain that it is too hard to stay up to date.    But I think it would be better.

In other words... the info is out there and every complainer has the power to do something about it.  I will probably have to take this on myself in the months ahead.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I appreciate that people are pro-active in defending us and I also appriciate the role Adam plays.   I think it is important for Adam to understand that people are passionate about coming to our defense because they are really coming to their own defense as they have a stake in the system and feel that the things posted by Adam are harming that stake.

Adam also has a stake (likely larger than those attacking him) and so it makes the entire situation very confusing. If I may make a suggestion to everyone involved:

1) Assume the best in people
2) After assuming the best, kindly ask Adam to edit / rephrase his question in a way that is more helpful to the cause.

In my own experience, talking with Adam on Skype or in person is 180 degrees from reading what he posts.   I think he relies a lot on other means of communicating intent than just the words he uses.   Lets recognize this weakness in Adam and help him express himself in a way that is not perceived as offensive.  We are stronger working together than fighting against eachother. 

Adam in turn will help us express our ideas in ways that address concerns of a more critical audience.    We have chased off most detractors from these forums and are missing their arguments.   On bitcointalk we I see all kinds of arguments that people perceive things differently than we do and think differently. 

I disagree with these arguments! I am reasonably sure you own BTC, quite likely, more BTC than the average user. Your weapon of choice is building software, software that directly competes with BTC and might even lead to its demise.
Adam might and probably has more BTSX than the average Joe or me, but it does not necessarily meant that he doesn’t  have even bigger stakes in other venues. Bitshares lack of success might serve his interest better, is my point. And his weapon of choice are the words, as much as it is the software for you. Trying to convince me that he is not putting every little nuance that he wants in his posts is more than unlikely.

So, I will end up disagreeing with both of you.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
nice said bytemaster

it would be really nice if everyone in this project could be more open about timeline, plans etc. everything is done "behind" the curtains and will be revealed after and not before. this is maybe my personal biggest critique point in everything you (I3) is doing.

more communication and more organized information at the homepages will attract more people. you raised a lot of money and i don't understand why no on is taking care about points like

1. good organized homepage with the best available information right now
2. someone in charge of the community (public relation)
3. more information about what you guys are doing. and i mean not the coders but everyone else. this is not a company project and many people want to have the feeling to be a part of this called "many bitshares to rule same all" project.

so, maybe you guys at I3 take this words and include the community more then you do now.

(just my 2 cents)

Offline bytemaster

I appreciate that people are pro-active in defending us and I also appriciate the role Adam plays.   I think it is important for Adam to understand that people are passionate about coming to our defense because they are really coming to their own defense as they have a stake in the system and feel that the things posted by Adam are harming that stake.

Adam also has a stake (likely larger than those attacking him) and so it makes the entire situation very confusing.  If I may make a suggestion to everyone involved:

1) Assume the best in people
2) After assuming the best, kindly ask Adam to edit / rephrase his question in a way that is more helpful to the cause.

In my own experience, talking with Adam on Skype or in person is 180 degrees from reading what he posts.   I think he relies a lot on other means of communicating intent than just the words he uses.   Lets recognize this weakness in Adam and help him express himself in a way that is not perceived as offensive.  We are stronger working together than fighting against eachother. 

Adam in turn will help us express our ideas in ways that address concerns of a more critical audience.    We have chased off most detractors from these forums and are missing their arguments.   On bitcointalk we I see all kinds of arguments that people perceive things differently than we do and think differently. 

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

The point is..  Why "guess" when your "guess" isn't anywhere near feasible ?  Why not just ask the question?  Why ask a leading question?  That is what you were doing.  There are reasons why attorneys are not allowed to do it.  Since you are rightly or wrongly seen as an authority in the sphere, the reasons for not doing such are even more pertinent for you than others.

The best part is how you consistently play victim. 

What you did is no different than the "I heard ... ".  The person who says such a thing can always fall back and say "Oh don't attack me, I *stated* it was a rumor".
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
I don't pay attention to Invictus's travel schedule, was this even announced in advance?

Its pretty funny how many upset people there are in this thread when Daniel was able to address it calmly and clear things up.  Invictus has no policy and does not plan to make one.  It's even funnier that people are responding without reading my original post where I pretty clearly state I'm guessing and don't know what I'm talking about.  If I did, I wouldn't be making the thread.

I'm sure to an outsider it's my seeking clarity that turns them off of bitshares, not the rabid response from the true believers.

lol
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Adam is smoking and BM is honest to a fault,

everyday

Seriously 40% of BTSX ........ 

Adam out of curiosity why your fuding it is happening when the I3 team is not in town ? You almost always do that since forever...
There was a point in time when some of your threads where to the point and sometimes you did constructive criticism that was good.   Not sure if you realize but now you are far for being objective  anymore.  Can you tell,  with it this kind of baseless accusations , what are you trying to achieve ?  I may be wrong but it looks to me that you are trying to hurt I3 more then anything else.

See a much better way to ask the same questions actuality it is pretty easy  :

1. how much btsx holds I3 now?
2. what are the plans in the next 12 months for this holdings?
3. will the community have a say, what to do with the funds?

One more think, in life everybody could do whatever they want with their own money I3 employee or not !!!! Seriously you are way out of line !!!!

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I vote for "Hold as long as practicably possible, but cash out when necessary to fund development and marketing." Oops, that wasn't a choice.

Adam, don't you trust these guys by now?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 02:33:35 pm by donkeypong »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Adam is smoking and BM is honest to a fault,

everyday

Offline bytemaster

Well everyone I know is buying including myself. 

That said Adam should assume we are rational actors smart enough to cash out slowly when the time comes. 

Applying pump and dump concerns to this is offensive. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Aside from ags pts donations all other stake in the system was achieved on an equal opportunity basis.  Unlike all other systems the only advantage i3 has over every other participant is greater trust in ourselves.   

The ags pts donations are being used to grow the industry as we see fit.   

So our policy is equal opportunity.  That means equal opportunity to sell or buy.  It means no strings on ags funds too. 

However we would be crazy to sell at these prices.   

Some form of commitment to a policy along the lines of "we would never sell more than x% of the total supply / day" would be nice.

Just a wild guess but I think that's what OP was looking for.

Ggozzo

Instead you throw out a number that isn't even feasible and appears to be created for FUD. 

+5%

I don't perceive it as FUD. A good investor is a diligent one. If I3 holds a huge percentage from donated PTS, then this stuff should be on the ledger and transparent.  These things are supposed to be more transparent than they really are at this point. I'd like to know who controls the private keys to the BTSX/PTS, not an individual, the company. Is it Invictus Innovations, Invictus Hong Kong, Hyperatas, or the new DACsunlimited? When it comes to questions whose answers affect us investors, it's not wise to try and tell us to be quiet and go pound sand.

I have not seen anyone tell anyone else to "pound sand".  I also do not speak for I3 in any capacity.  I'm pretty much just another person with no insider info or anything else.  I do a lot of work on the wiki mainly from public information.  Please, ask questions.  All of your questions are valid.

I was specifically referencing the fact that Adam started out with his "guess" that I3 owns at minimum 40% of BTSX.  Why not do the basic  math instead of throwing out widely off target numbers?  Is that "diligent" ??  To reach 40% that means AGS received 80% of PTS mined into existence on February 28th.  There is a history behind these sorts of posts by Adam.  He then acts puzzled like he doesn't understand why people are annoyed.  What is going on there ?  I don't understand him at all, but I will try to explain the perception of others so he doesn't constantly feel victimized on here.

I get it . I probably shouldn't have said you are telling people to "pound sand". 

So. How about those bitAssets?

Offline bytemaster

Aside from ags pts donations all other stake in the system was achieved on an equal opportunity basis.  Unlike all other systems the only advantage i3 has over every other participant is greater trust in ourselves.   

The ags pts donations are being used to grow the industry as we see fit.   

So our policy is equal opportunity.  That means equal opportunity to sell or buy.  It means no strings on ags funds too. 

However we would be crazy to sell at these prices.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I don't perceive it as FUD.

I would not either if it was written by somebody else (example me, obviously a non-native speaker).
But this guys makes a living based on how he speaks and writes. So, the tone, the way OP is presented are all intentional !
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.