Author Topic: -BETA- BitShares XT Wallet Download and Feedback thread [Mac 0.1.2] [Win 0.1.0]  (Read 15705 times)

Offline kyma

• View Profile
Still getting a error when closing the newest client version.
"BitSharesX unexpectedly quit"

Offline kyma

• View Profile
mac version 0.2.1 >> I can't seem to find out what version I am running. The console doesn't have a clear command for this and there is no "About BitSharesX" option under the program's menu bar (which is standard for mac programs).

overall client looks great. I am confused about the "Daily Income, Daily Expenses, and Daily Burn stats... are those network stats?

I'm updating to 0.3.0 right now and I'll post back with any concerns or suggestions. Thanks for the hard work! Beautiful design. Some features are pretty buried and maybe an alternative way of navigating the client (such as menubar at top) would be a nice addition... (or simple/advanced view options). 

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

[Mac] Couldn't even open (either that or it crashes instantly as I double click it) in OSX 10.7.5

burnourdough, I could be wrong, but I think I might be having the same issue.  Did you end up with this message?:  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5968.msg79809#msg79809 

Offline burnourdough

• View Profile
[Mac] Couldn't even open (either that or it crashes instantly as I double click it) in OSX 10.7.5

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
serious bug report:

After changing the log out time to an extremely big number,like 8000000, a window keeps coming out, saying "idle--you will lock out in 60 seconds, then starts counting down", but this window can not be closed. I can only use "alt+f4 to close the wallet. But after reopening it, this window comes again, even after I  re-installed it, this problem still exists,  it means I can not use this wallet anymore. Could someone kindly tell me what I should do?

update: I tried uninstall it again and deleted all the files I can find, then it is OK, but my previous account disappeared, cause I didn't backup the wallet. Luckily, I didn't lost any btsx, because I can re-import pts wallet, but I lost my ID, same ID can not be registered twice :'(
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 09:19:13 pm by ripplexiaoshan »
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
I make it a point not to curse or use CAPS, but...   THIS IS F#cK!n@ perfect, I love it, great progress... thx 
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline GaltReport

Hello and thank you for the feedback!

Some questions:

1. How do I "fund" my account and register it?
2. How/Why/When do I use the Import Wallet feature under Advanced?

1. Right now, you have to go to the dry run thread (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5523.0) and request funds (XTS) from someone already on the network. You then use a very small amount of funds in order to register. This method of registration is temporary, and will be replaced with a free registration for new users in the future. Users will need an address to send these funds to, so don't forget to include your Account Key in the post (don't worry, this is NOT a private key!)

2. From what I understand, you will use the Import Wallet feature to import PTS wallets, and also to import PTS and BTC wallets which have donated to AGS and will receive a stake in future DACs (BitShares X, Music, Lotto, DNS, etc). But as you pointed this out, the feature is currently unfinished

Thanks!

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
Hehe you're welcome. :) IMO best workaround is to preselect issues and enhancements here and then creating issues in git after discussing in this thread.  My 2 cents

I have also been wondering at what point issues in this thread might be worthy of Github. I think discussing them in this thread like you suggested is a great start. I would not mind adding a lot of these issues to Github, but at the same time I would like to avoid flooding the issue tracker with unrealistic suggestions or bug reports that are not well documented

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
Hello and thank you for the feedback!

Some questions:

1. Right now, you have to go to the dry run thread (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5523.0) and request funds (XTS) from someone already on the network. You then use a very small amount of funds in order to register. This method of registration is temporary, and will be replaced with a free registration for new users in the future. Users will need an address to send these funds to, so don't forget to include your Account Key in the post (don't worry, this is NOT a private key!)

2. From what I understand, you will use the Import Wallet feature to import PTS wallets, and also to import PTS and BTC wallets which have donated to AGS and will receive a stake in future DACs (BitShares X, Music, Lotto, DNS, etc). But as you pointed this out, the feature is currently unfinished
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 10:54:27 pm by solaaire »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Hehe you're welcome. :) IMO best workaround is to preselect issues and enhancements here and then creating issues in git after discussing in this thread.  My 2 cents
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline GaltReport

Got the windows wallet working no problem.  Looks good, as others have mentioned, stands out compared to standard clone wallets. 

Also as reported by others, it produces an error when you quit via menu (File, Quit) or clicking window x.

Some questions:

Also, I assume that import wallet path will have a file selection dialog button at some point so people don't have to type the path.

Glad to see something working.  :D

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
Two suggestions for consideration.

• Make it so that users have to save changes to their "Approve" selections. The idea is that it will protect from accidental changes which would be both undesirable and a PITA. The downside is that some may find that having to remember to save changes is a PITA
  • Add the ability to "Deselect All" for the "Approve" selections. The idea is that the list is very long and a user may want to start from scratch with their selections.
Pls consider adding a github issue .. its difficult for the devs to track all threads an feature requests ... thx a lot for it anyway

Thanks xeroc, I'll consider going to GitHub.
These are kind of personal preference issues so I wasn't sure whether the suggestions would be improvements or hindrances.
(I've not used GitHub before so wasn't sure on proper procedure. Are people supposed to just put whatever they want on there, and the devs make the decision? Or am I supposed to gauge the issue first by getting feedback from the community?)
Do others here think I should submit these?
Gotta go to bed now so I'll check this tomorrow and go to GitHub then if that's best.
Sorry to be a newbie pest!
;)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Two suggestions for consideration.

• Make it so that users have to save changes to their "Approve" selections. The idea is that it will protect from accidental changes which would be both undesirable and a PITA. The downside is that some may find that having to remember to save changes is a PITA
  • Add the ability to "Deselect All" for the "Approve" selections. The idea is that the list is very long and a user may want to start from scratch with their selections.
Pls consider adding a github issue .. its difficult for the devs to track all threads an feature requests ... thx a lot for it anyway