Author Topic: New remittance DAC  (Read 14999 times)

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nethyb
Welcome, you've come to the right place to get a wealth of assistance if you can articulate the value and suitability of your idea to the Bitshares team and community to get official support...

Read this post to get you started on how to pitch your business case and potentially secure official support etc.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2762.msg35501#msg35501

Quote from: bungeebones on February 10, 2014, 10:49:12 PM
How do I go about starting a DAC around the idea?

I suggest you write out your idea and business-model in a whitepaper and either present it to the community here or, if you want to keep it secret for now, send it to Invictus for review. Invictus are very much encouraging people to create their own DACs, so you're here at the right time.

One of the main purposes of Invictus, although it's not entirely clear yet, is to help people create their own DACs. If you join in on honoring AGS/PTS you can get:

•A stipend to work in one of our incubators for a period of time.
•The legal fees to set up your company in its chosen favorable jurisdiction.
•Fully equipped office space at one of our incubator sites.
•Forum and web site support while you build you own base of supporters.
•Crypto-savvy legal, accounting, financial and tax support.
•Use of our trusted escrow services while you are building your own reputation.
•Consulting with Dan “bytemaster” Larimer and our team of innovators.
•Help with finding opportunities to speak at a major conference.
•Promotional support integrated with our own global marketing campaign

See the Invictus February newsletter page 8-10 for more information.

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/ac6976e87d9e9f0eac4bbf19c/files/News_Letter_05_February_2014.pdf

Yes, and note that this includes help with forming your own company to develop and support your long product line of DACs!   :)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Where is their business model listed? 

Most people are pretty open to discussing ideas and business plans by serious and sincere people.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
As I see it , your model would become centralized, exact opposite of what Bitshare is advocating.

Offline underwun

• Life Matters
    • View Profile
It will come down to the business model, execution and adoption.

No one has cracked this space for a multitude of reasons I wish BitsharesX all the very best.

There's a reason for everything and if there isn't there should be...

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
BTSX is itself a remittance DAC. why is it so big deal?

Offline underwun

• Life Matters
    • View Profile
We will be launching a fully funded remittance play with the backing of local Philippine business leaders, initially in the Philippines and then in other markets as we prefect the business model.

We have spend some months researching the environment, platforms and business models yet it was only recently we concluded how to upend the remittance market.

Part of our model demands rapid transaction times so Bitshares and Nxt are both in play as we make our final decision.

Whilst we have extensive experience in technology, business and the Philippine OFW market we realise we will NEED help in coming to terms with the chosen platform as speed is of the essence.

So we are interested in whether or not the Bitshares team and community can rally around our objective to succeed in changing the lives of millions of migrant workers, disinter-mediating the remittance parasites and getting behind a model where the final product will utilise the blockchain for millions of merchant transactions.

Finally we are intent upon supporting the ideals of Satoshi and the betterment of the community we create but rest assured we are focused on making money for us and those in our community.

Take care all and thanks for reading
There's a reason for everything and if there isn't there should be...