Author Topic: General Name for BitSharesX  (Read 11618 times)

Ggozzo

I think you guys missed the point of this thread.

OP is asking "what do we call the special prediction market / polymorphic digital asset" concept. It's not a traditional prediction market, it's not a "tomorrow market", and "BitSharesX" is the product name.

What is the mechanism called?

Interchain Market (like interbank)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
A mirror market?

^^ this guy gets it even though I think it's not the best name
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile

OP is asking "what do we call the special prediction market / polymorphic digital asset" concept. It's not a traditional prediction market, it's not a "tomorrow market", and "BitSharesX" is the product name.

Some kind of digital vortex scaling wrap .... it wraps around all legacy systems and funnels capital out of  paper debt based fiat financialization and into a sustain digital asset class that stores economic energy ...

"Digital EE scaling"

You're still talking about what it is and not about how it works
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

...Beautiful Exchanges....
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline kripeecakes

• View Profile

Some kind of digital vortex scaling wrap .... it wraps around all legacy systems and funnels capital out of  paper debt based fiat financialization and into a sustain digital asset class that stores economic energy ...

"Digital EE scaling"

Offline toast

• View Profile

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
New Economy Market?
Taken by a NXT clone ... or close to (they use movement instead of market)

what about
iMarket ... (just kidding)

- MarketX
- TheMarket
- MX ?

New Economy Movement is the NXT clone but New Economy Market isn't such a bad idea. It would identify with the New Economy Movement as a community.

The point is if you're trying to get people to adapt a name it might be better to be similar to what people already accept. Bitcoin, Bitshares. Bitcoin, Litecoin.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kripeecakes

• View Profile
An alt-class ..... hmmmm

BitStrings .....

Stringbits ...

ETFbit ...

Instead of Spiders .... how about Byters ?

Bitnexus ...

Nexushares .....

Equibit-Shares

Wealthbit shares

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
On a related note, we have the financial center of the world on Wall Street. And then there's Pennsylvania Avenue (White House), K Street (the corrupt heart of Washington DC's lobbyists), and, of course, Main Street. Other countries and cities have their own place names like this, such as Downing Street in the U.K. In every U.S. election, the media is always talking about Wall Street versus Main Street.

This is a new industry, a new paradigm. What street is BitShares on? If I recall, there's a Progress Street in Blacksburg, VA. And an Innovation Drive. And a Ramble....no, we don't want that one. Price Fork Drive is compelling also!

I'd say, metaphorically at least, that BitShares could be on Progress Street. Wall Street's time has come and gone. Welcome to Progress Street. Other thoughts welcomed.

Easy Street?  :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bytemaster

On a related note, we have the financial center of the world on Wall Street. And then there's Pennsylvania Avenue (White House), K Street (the corrupt heart of Washington DC's lobbyists), and, of course, Main Street. Other countries and cities have their own place names like this, such as Downing Street in the U.K. In every U.S. election, the media is always talking about Wall Street versus Main Street.

This is a new industry, a new paradigm. What street is BitShares on? If I recall, there's a Progress Street in Blacksburg, VA. And an Innovation Drive. And a Ramble....no, we don't want that one. Price Fork Drive is compelling also!

I'd say, metaphorically at least, that BitShares could be on Progress Street. Wall Street's time has come and gone. Welcome to Progress Street. Other thoughts welcomed.

Why do I get a walgreens commercial in my head?  At the corner of Progress & Innovation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BhYhyAaxrs
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
Why not Digital Market? It makes everything digital.

bitbro

Look,
It's a bank...
It's an crypto-currency...
It's SuperBank!

Faster than a speeding bitcoin...
More stable than a lump-o-gold...
Able to fill tall orders in a single match...

You came up with DAC...

Creating the name for this type of market may be even more important

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bitbro

I suggest -BitShares X.

I second this.

Too late to change now.

No one has suggested a change.  We are talking about a the name of a class of DAC not the DAC itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk