Author Topic: AGS Funds to be used to buy BTSX  (Read 13456 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
how many do you plan to buy?
not sure if I like this move but anyway
We don't want to telegraph *that* much... but what ever we feel will make a proper balance of risk/reward.  At least 100 BTC for starters.
I think if you really want to do it properly you should catch volatility instead of driving the price massively up
There is no other way if you what to be able to pay employees in tokens of your own network instead of in your competitor's tokens (bitcoins). And the current price is driven only minorly by I3 I guess. Coinmarketcap says 24h volume is 2011 BTC.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:02:21 pm by delulo »

Offline bytemaster

We don't want to telegraph *that* much... but what ever we feel will make a proper balance of risk/reward.  At least 100 BTC for starters.

I think if you really want to do it properly you should catch volatility instead of driving the price massively up

Obviously are not in this to manipulate the market, that is never profitable unless you can have side bets.   So we will buy to maximize BTSX.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline nakaone

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Recognizing that over the course of the next 6 months the value of BTSX will likely rise relative to BTC, we have made the strategic decision to buy BTSX and hold it and to pay developers in BTSX / BitUSD.    We will keep enough BTC to stay liquid, but otherwise will keep our portfolio balanced to maximize our potential development funds.   

This is just a FYI for transparency sake, as we stated before the AGS funds were received as donations with no strings attached. 

Details of these holdings will be posted.
Will it be made public much was BTC was traded for BTS X? Is that anyway visible on the blockchain yet? I think not directly as we can just see how much was moved into exchanges. It did that happen OTC?

Some of both.  We will need to quickly revamp our public spreadsheets to improve transparency for assets not clearly visible on old-fashioned block chains.
+5% for the credibility gain through transparency also because Bitshares technology could be used in companies to enhance their transparency... Invictus is meant to be a good role model and show how it could work!

Offline bobmaloney

Additional skin in the game = good
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Recognizing that over the course of the next 6 months the value of BTSX will likely rise relative to BTC, we have made the strategic decision to buy BTSX and hold it and to pay developers in BTSX / BitUSD.    We will keep enough BTC to stay liquid, but otherwise will keep our portfolio balanced to maximize our potential development funds.   

This is just a FYI for transparency sake, as we stated before the AGS funds were received as donations with no strings attached. 

Will it be made public much was BTC was traded for BTS X? Is that anyway visible on the blockchain yet? I think not directly as we can just see how much was moved into exchanges. It did that happen OTC?

Some of both.  We will need to quickly revamp our public spreadsheets to improve transparency for assets not clearly visible on old-fashioned block chains. 
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I'm in total agreement with this.  Not that it matters, but I'm really really really in agreement with this. 
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

The alternative is Bitcoin which is volatile, or cash which only ever trends down.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline nakaone

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
That means they are 101%  confident that the market-peg will hold and they put now even "collateral" behind the optimistic statements they made in past...  :D

Offline onceuponatime

A big thank you to Adam B Levine too. That's where I first read Dan and Stan's papers.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Appreciate the transparency greatly and I support wholeheartedly.   +5%

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

I really .. really .. really like the openness in I3. +5%

This is what makes bitshares different from those altcoin - short term profit - premine sh*** we all know pretty well

I agree. It's one of the reasons I've stuck around. These folks have earned our trust indeed.