Author Topic: The rise in price?  (Read 3785 times)

Offline bytemaster

theirs is backed by trust and reputation........ours is backed by btsx which is held a collateral, (worth noting this is currently  $39,758,297 $60,000,000 worth of collateral)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Nxt has had this for months.. don't understand why it's anything special.. start an asset and try to get people to agree it's worth $1 each..  ShortNxt basically does exactly this.

Yesterday I was thinking looks like a bubble about to form and bought.. today, I say sell. It's a bubble.

I think it's the rumor about Ethereum and when people realize that Ethernet isn't interested in a partnership and that one way partnerships don't work.. they'll dump.

I have read very little about nxt but after skimming through what they are doing the is
in there system anyone can create a asset like ours....check
theirs is backed by trust and reputation........ours is backed by btsx which is held a collateral, (worth noting this is currently  $39,758,297 worth of collateral)
The amount of collateral is determined by the market peg that comes from feeds sent to delegates then broadcast through out the network

The one in bold is really the super important one for me.
The great part is as the system is used it should be self feeding with btsx being worth more and thus raising the total amount that the market can support in assets.
Please correct or scold me where necessary :P

Their system backed by trust and reputation is more vulnerable to scams and collusion. It's one of the reasons I prefer Bitshares.

I don't think we should rely on trust in people when we can trust math. Humans are historically corrupt and it goes worse the higher up in power you go.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
once a
0.00001 btsx (basically a satoshi in btsx) is worth a USD the system is screwed ..
that is 2e15 USD 2.000.000.000.000.000 = USD 2.000.000.000M = USD 2.000.000B = USD 2.000 trillion

should be enough

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Nxt has had this for months.. don't understand why it's anything special.. start an asset and try to get people to agree it's worth $1 each..  ShortNxt basically does exactly this.

Yesterday I was thinking looks like a bubble about to form and bought.. today, I say sell. It's a bubble.

I think it's the rumor about Ethereum and when people realize that Ethernet isn't interested in a partnership and that one way partnerships don't work.. they'll dump.

I have read very little about nxt but after skimming through what they are doing the is
theirs is backed by trust and reputation........ours is backed by btsx which is held a collateral, (worth noting this is currently  $39,758,297 worth of collateral)
The amount of collateral is determined by the market peg that comes from feeds sent to delegates then broadcast through out the network

The great part is as the system is used it should be self feeding with btsx being worth more and thus raising the total amount that the market can support in assets.

How will it work if there is more bitUSD then BitSharesX?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
for a quick reading:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Market_Peg

it's really fancy ... took my a couple of weeks to 'get it' (as I am not into economics) ... but BM found an awesome solution to that

merockstar

not exactly. 2 dollars worth of collateral in btsx get's held, then if the person shorting doesn't cover, that gets destroyed.

if they do cover, that bitUSD gets destroyed, helping to stabilize the price.

so it's more than just "hey guys! we decree that this shall be worth a dollar because we doth say so!"

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
prepare the next days to see here more trolls  ;)
don't bother it's a very good sign  :)

Offline bytemaster

You don't understand the difference between user issued assets and market issued assets. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Just remember the BTC/Pizza story. Good luck!
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline hughmanwho

• View Profile

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
...if the market works we got a bitGLD mine here.

That's one of the best quotes I've seen.

I second that!  +5%
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
...if the market works we got a bitGLD mine here.

That's one of the best quotes I've seen.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
It doesn't take a market annalist to figure out that if the market works we got a bitGLD mine here. Even at its current price its a steal......if it works.
Fyi I half heartedly hope it flops gets dumped on exchanges and I can then reload while its fixed within 24hrs. Does this make me greedy?

Offline mavisjames

• View Profile
Is it possible the rise in price is because people think they will receive DNS and Vote shares by buying BTSX?

I am not complaining, BTSX should be even higher. But I have a feeling since PTS isn't rising that a lot of people may be thinking BTSX is the buy in for the snapshot in 2 hours. We may see a sell of tomorrow.

Not with this kind of volume... look at the size of some buy orders. some major money being dumped into BTS
Pmp2K9S5t15hTEkrrFk1cfieb2Y2eVR6YG

BTSX ID: mdyyz