Author Topic: Trello Grassroots Organization Marketing  (Read 4611 times)

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
Gamey; shoot me a pm with your email. Check it out, it can't hurt. The true potential of a grass roots marketing effort needs to be more organized, I can't see how we would do it in the forum alone, or least it would be less effective.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Well seems like enough people agree with me I will start a thread referencing other grass roots attempts/proposals etc.  Unfortunately I can't make the OP modifiable, but I will incorporate any requested changes etc.

I looked at trello and while nice, I almost feel having to deal with another bit of software is not a good thing.  It would help others add things directly and let the organization be more grassroots perhaps. That  would be positive.  Either way, a thread starting an open organizational attempt will be a good thing.

I haven't tried to be invited to the Asana group yet, I should check that out. I really think a stickied thread in marketing is the best way to go.  It is needed for the forum anyway so I'll take lead.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Guess Brian has a lot of other things on task list currently! :)
Agree! But it would be great if we could agree (and I3 would approve or push it) to have a way to organize community efforts more effectively. I tried / suggested a few things.

+5% The intellectual capital of this community should not be underestimated.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Agree! But it would be great if we could agree (and I3 would approve or push it) to have a way to organize community efforts more effectively. I tried / suggested a few things.

Things would work waaaay more effecctive if we had someone that is something like a community organizer or a small team of community organizers. This person or this team can then decide on whether to use trello for example or any such stuff that only gets of the ground if there is someone (approved) that takes the lead.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:19:10 pm by delulo »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:05:11 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline wesphily

• View Profile
could you get into contact with "MktDirector" (aka Brian Page) .. pls

thanks for letting us know

Brian has 0 interest in grass roots marketing. The last time I mentioned this he let me know how successful his "pr guy" is with google search hits. He does not value grass roots high enough to spend time on it like he does his other marketing initiatives. (good or bad? not my call) This will have to be something that the community does on its own.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Quote from: gamey
I am torn between privacy and being open.  I hate to give out a template on how to market a coin to others who might possibly not have thought up the same ideas.  On the other hand making it private can be a good way to lose steam and miss out on valuable contributors.

My thoughts exactly.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
A few months back I created an Asana Project for what we called "Team Viral" at the time.

Unfortunately, we sort of lost steam, but it does already exist and there about 8 of us already joined. We had  begun to start organizing some more viral marketing oriented stuff, and the work is Asana still.

Probably good to continue with it. If anyone wants to join, just send me a pm with your email address.

I like this.

I am torn between privacy and being open.  I hate to give out a template on how to market a coin to others who might possibly not have thought up the same ideas.  On the other hand making it private can be a good way to lose steam and miss out on valuable contributors.  By being open you have a lot better chance to grow.  Even a private board can be easily infiltrated (lol) as none of us know each other so there is no vouching system. 

So that makes me think it should be open.  If it is open, then I wonder if a stickied thread where I (and moderators) can edit it to add "projects".  So instead of having a second site to deal with, we make due with SMF in an organized manner. 

Here is a proposed idea to try to bring order.  If i can get several people following the system then it could work.

1 stickied thread which I can start so I can edit it (It can be proven I waste a lot of time on this forum)

So this thread is the top level list of projects/proposals/sub-lists.

Each sub-thread (project etc) has a maintainer of sorts who is the original poster.  The original post is edited as needed to keep up with the project as needed.  It can be kept track of by the current functionality in the SMF. (View replies to your posts).

What are peoples thoughts ?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 07:46:34 pm by gamey »

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
A few months back I created an Asana Project for what we called "Team Viral" at the time.

Unfortunately, we sort of lost steam, but it does already exist and there about 8 of us already joined. We had  begun to start organizing some more viral marketing oriented stuff, and the work is Asana still.

Probably good to continue with it. If anyone wants to join, just send me a pm with your email address.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I'm really starting to think this needs to be used/done.

Too many ideas floating around for a forum. 

edit - Not just ideas, but i suppose a mixture of calls to action + general forum chatter.  It'd be nice to have all the calls to action (or whatever i just made that up) in a single easy to use interface.

Offline pseudoscops

+5% for this suggestion. Was there any movement on this...?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
could you get into contact with "MktDirector" (aka Brian Page) .. pls

thanks for letting us know

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
I'd like to recommend the community look into https://trello.com/ for organizing tasks for grassroots marketing initiatives.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work