Author Topic: How convenient for Ripple....  (Read 16558 times)

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
This was without any doubt, done to prop the market cap.

Read the disclaimer,

*Total include business development agreements that are still pending.

Convenient enough to issue a few billion ripple that is for bogus business agreements.
Reeks of desperation, fraud and incompetence.

charleshoskinson

Has everyone forgotten that invictus is dumping ags funds into bitshares? Your market spike has been largely due to the bullish position invictus has taken. If I buy millions worth of litecoin, then it would spike too. Market caps are vanity metrics. Real value is preserved over the long run.

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
That is not true, they did not make more ripples, it has to do with how Coinmarketcap calculates the market cap of Ripples. https://www.ripplelabs.com/xrp-distribution/

There has always been 100 billion Ripples, but Coinmarketcap doesn't count the ripples that Ripple Labs owns in the market cap on their web site. It seems ripple labs either distributed more of the ripples to users, or if you read the asterisk on the user's ownership it says:

*Total include business development agreements that are still pending.

It seems they probably made a "business development agreement". Whatever that means.. Technically, Ripple has a market cap of $487,000,000

Not that I'm a huge fan of Ripple.. but that's just how it is. :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 03:14:05 am by CoinHoarder »
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
So Ripple is supposedly worth nearly as much Litecoin yet they barely ever manage more than 10% of LiteCoins volume...

Certainly strange timing to make such a big, sudden change bad PR move if there's not sound reasons.

Pretty irrelevant to BTSX obv. We're already having a bit of fun guessing when we're going to overtake Litecoin...

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
is that legal ? or what I mean is ... does ripple has variable hard cap ? if so ,  that is a 1:3.5 something ratio increase. Hmmm 1 xrp would now be 3.5 xrp??? at the same btc equivalent???

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Haha I noticed that too haha
It just seemed really strange
What was their supply before? Like 2 billion?
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Also daily volume is more significant.  Ripple does not really have that value as its based from a company like communist state rather than democracy or free market.

Its even better like this as we will be under the radar for a little bit more.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I'm thinking this is a bug or something, if not resistance is futile.... they can do that so many times. Actually if it is not a bug, this is good publicity for Bitsharex. So what it will happen when we will pass up Ripple again they will have 200000000000 billions XRP ?? Lol this is fun.

no, it is legit:
https://www.ripplelabs.com/xrp-distribution/

let's not make unfair accusations
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline yellowecho

How about you stop the us versus them mentality and focus less on vanity metrics like market capitalization and more on real value like Titan, scalability, DPOS and BitAssets.

Because that's not as fun  ;)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline oco101

• View Profile
I'm thinking this is a bug or something, if not resistance is futile.... they can do that so many times. Actually if it is not a bug, this is good publicity for Bitsharex. So what it will happen when we will pass up Ripple again they will have 200000000000 billions XRP ?? Lol this is fun.

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
How about you stop the us versus them mentality and focus less on vanity metrics like market capitalization and more on real value like Titan, scalability, DPOS and BitAssets.

because it's fun! =)

need a break from the grind every once in a while... vanity metrics gets us pumped for more
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Did anyone see what just happend? Ripple just adjusted their total supply, conveniently leapfrogging us on coinmarketcap.com.  Strange timing, no?  That's ok, Ripple, we LOVE a challenge.  We blew past them once, we'll do it again. 

Start your engines, gentlemen (and ladies).

LOL

+5%

So, it is our bad - even if we did started bitUSD and they just increased their share supply?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 03:00:39 am by TheOnion »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

38PTSWarrior

leapfrogging, a new english word!

with legs parted, vault oneself over the backs of others who are bending down.
"they leapfrogged around the courtyard"