Author Topic: SuperNetworks  (Read 8631 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
He believes-----right
He truly believes--- right
He Do believes----wrong....  he does believe

Thanks.

English is Shabi... :)
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Let me guess.

Some one pump several NXT-AE Assets.Because nearly all of the NXT-AE volume is too low (even the star product NEM),pumping would be easy.Some of the assets are even his.
Before he pumps,he post a thread: xxx is gonna rise,watch me !I'm Buying!!!

Then ....After ten assets...wow,everyone knows he is a a smart investor with great track record,9 wins,only 1lost.

So,he go to his final game : I'm really good at investing ...You should give me your money to invest .

:P Just a crazy guess.

Good explanation.

He DOES believe, he is a great investor though... {English grammar question: is it 'he does believe' or 'he do believes' or something else, the correct way to write this in English?}

he does,she does,it does,you do,I do.we do.they do.

'I DO believe!' - is not a question though...that's where my confusion comes from.

What is more logical (to me at least) is the following logic:
He believes... --> He truly believes --> He Do believes.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 05:09:10 am by tonyk »

Offline robrigo

Let me guess.

Some one pump several NXT-AE Assets.Because nearly all of the NXT-AE volume is too low (even the star product NEM),pumping would be easy.Some of the assets are even his.

Then ....After ten assets...wow,everyone knows he is a a smart investor with great track record,9 wins,only 1lost.

So,he go to his final game : I'm really good at investing ...You should give me your money to invest .

Good explanation.

He DOES believe, he is a great investor though... {English grammar question: is it 'he does believe' or 'he do believes' or something else, the correct way to write this in English?}

You got it right tonyk.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Let me guess.

Good explanation.

Offline fuzzy

I looked into the SuperNet idea and the problem he is solving is getting the best tech of each coin and including in all other coins of the network.  Think of it like a hedge fund of several altcoins.  There are many other things to the project I don't completely understand.  However, I'm very interested in seeing how this pans out.

This is why it is a good thing to be forked and cloned.  If the community can enforce some standards for clones that are built on the bitshares toolkit and if we do not get too greedy, we could essentially give thousands of altcoin Devs a reason to put their mental muscle behind solving problems for the BitShares ecosystem.  Everyone, including the Devs, gain substantially from this.

I own some of this supernet because I believe the most brilliant idea is to gain the honor of others who together are far smarter than any one person.  Not sure what to make of it either, though. 

BitShares Toolkit can build entire industries on top of altcoins.  Coins that feel DPOS will beg to be switched over to DPOS and will never look back.  And if we all gain a small stake in all of them, and are not greedy with that stake (hand them out to friends and such)...we can end up with really strong, long term crypto investment portfolios. 

Not to mention the fact that those who make btsx clones will eventually build infrastructure that will help all subsequent clones.  If btsx feels a clone's solution is groundbreaking, btsx can simply adapt to gain those advantages.  Lots of stuff to think about.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Pairmike

I looked into the SuperNet idea and the problem he is solving is getting the best tech of each coin and including in all other coins of the network.  Think of it like a hedge fund of several altcoins.  There are many other things to the project I don't completely understand.  However, I'm very interested in seeing how this pans out.
https://Steemit.com | The Social Media Network that Pays

Offline mbaeichapareiko

• View Profile
donkey pong,  I sure hope you are right.   

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
We are still early in the game, so something that builds up the infrastructure like this cannot be bad. Not sure what it really changes, though. I've been wrong before, but I don't see NXT or BitcoinDark as a long term answer to anything. NXT badly needed a shot in the arm, but I'm not sure this is a new vision. I see it more as a merger alliance with a couple of smaller fish. NXT is still the elephant in this Super system, so all it really gains is a bit more scale. It's like United Airlines joining a code-sharing mileage alliance with smaller regional airlines; sure, they gain a few additional routes, which will attract some extra passengers, but in the end they're splitting those revenues proportionally, so gain is limited. I guess this guy's network could be useful for something in the long run.

I started my 2.0 journey in NXT and left it for BitShares. Every month or two, I take a look at it, and each time I conclude there is nothing on NXT I really want to own. This Super thing is plugging NXT into other flawed coins. For what? BitShares has vision and unified structure that are lacking EVERYWHERE else I look.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
So jl777 want to people give him thousands of BTC so he can manage them alone, and want to make money thanks to insider trading,
Oh and yes... all of that it's in order to change the world and destroy the fiat system, of course.

Somewhat similar thoughts from me too.

On a side note - what nationality is jl777?  His English strikes me as odd (not necessarily wrong but just odd).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 01:41:47 am by tonyk »

Offline gamey

• View Profile

This thread has blown up on bitcointalk.  I missed the original announcement.  Still not sure what he is trying to accomplish technically ?

Anyone have any more comments?  After talking with fuz privately he brought up a good point about NXT etc leapfrogging us.  I am still not sure what "supernetwork" is supposed to achieve and it sounds like a coding nightmare that will be vaporware, but then I really don't get what jl777 is trying to accomplish technically.  Anyone understand? 
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
i read it in bitcointalk, hey is close to idea of btsx scalability.

materialice ideas is not on everybody hands, i see more like smoke to pump btcd.
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
So jl777 want to people give him thousands of BTC so he can manage them alone, and want to make money thanks to insider trading, and want to keep going the pump of his already overpriced BTCD coin in the process.

Oh and yes... all of that it's in order to change the world and destroy the fiat system, of course.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 08:58:27 am by BldSwtTrs »

Offline fuzzy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.0

How, exactly is this different from what BitShares will eventually be doing?  This does not seem so lofty and unique to me...

All DACs will essentially be part of the same network of DACs, operating with a set of common currencies that are all pegged to a/a few primary currencies...

NXT is supposedly working in this, but it seems (to me, and at a glance) to be an attempt to pull attention from precisely what BitShares will be doing (not that this is necessarily a bad thing...)

I guess the only difference might be that where BitShares as an ecosystem intends to give people a toolkit to build their own DACs (thus giving them a higher reputation within the system), this would essentially attempt to pull in the altcoin devs from other coins to form a sort of Development Brain Trust. 

(Meanwhile Ethereum sits back, waits to see who the victors will be and then buy them out for all their hard work and innovation)  --sorry have to call it as I see it.

As always, this is just a post to see where others stand on this issue and to give my two btsx.
Disclosure--I am invested in NXT too...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D