Author Topic: We are in the lead and NXT knows this.  (Read 7850 times)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
(For the developers) This is a race like to build the atomic bomb metaphorically speaking.  Never forget that.  In this industry the winner may get 90% market share. 

(For everyone else) Do not take words literally use a Thesaurus.

I don't think so. I don't think 90% of the market share is going to any community because the marketcap is in the trillions. There is no need to compete as if the marketcap is 1 billion or less when there are trillions of dollars to go around leaving NXT and Bitshares with market caps more than likely in the 10s of billions or 100s of billions someday.

The competition is the established Forex exchange. What is their market cap?

Note taken.  But look at Google or Microsoft.  They take up most of the market share.  This is technology.  It is true Forex is technology but it is also currency.  Look at the CBOT or CBOE they are the derivative commoditiy and forex exchanges in the United States.  They take up most the marketshare.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
(For the developers) This is a race like to build the atomic bomb metaphorically speaking.  Never forget that.  In this industry the winner may get 90% market share. 

I don't think so. I don't think 90% of the market share is going to any community because the marketcap is in the trillions. There is no need to compete as if the marketcap is 1 billion or less when there are trillions of dollars to go around leaving NXT and Bitshares with market caps more than likely in the 10s of billions or 100s of billions someday.

The competition is the established Forex exchange. What is their market cap?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
What is this??

We should be cooperating with the projects that are similar to ours because there is much to be gained by both sides...

NXT and BitShares are very close to each other and, in fact, would be the perfect unified "enemies" of Proof of Work schemes.

My post was a joke in case you couldn't tell from the cat wearing an apple helmet.

However, I do somewhat agree with the OP that Nxt is competition. I might think about it differently if they seemed open to collaboration and working together, but they don't really seem like it. The people giving Bitshares the hardest time on bitcointalk are Nxt/NEM people, so they are actually working against us IMO.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 03:15:55 am by CoinHoarder »
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline fuzzy

What is this??

We should be cooperating with the projects that are similar to ours because there is much to be gained by both sides...

NXT and BitShares are very close to each other and, in fact, would be the perfect unified "enemies" of Proof of Work schemes. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline fuzzy

Do not work till you faint (developers)

Tell your friends about the benefits of BTSX and that it will go grow (fast)! (Grassroots promotion) tell them about this website bitshares.org and the forum.  Specifically tell them about this General forum.

I am one of the people on this forum who is most capable of a post like this...and even I have respect for NXT.  Their community and devs all are top notch in my opinion (why I own NXT too).  BitShares and NXT are very similar in the intelligence of their design and both being written in different programming languages enables a broader level of high quality code that actually serves the crypto-sphere well with regard to security and development. 

Sure...a Java programmer might be able to switch over and write pretty solid code in C++, but why force them to waste that time when they can code in a language they know inside and out?  NXT has value. 

With that said, I still think BitShares is an overall better model...but much to see with regard to what the future brings!
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Tell your friends about the benefits of BTSX and that it will go grow (fast)! (Grassroots promotion) tell them about this website bitshares.org and the forum.  Specifically tell them about this General forum.
Enemies?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline onceuponatime

Yes, Please change the topic wording.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Bad title imo. I think healthy competition is good and I enjoy what we call in the UK 'banter' but NXT is certainly not the 'enemy' and as others have said has some good people and tech. Before the hack which wasn't there fault and could easily have happened to us, I used to own some NXT. Granted it was very small compared to my BitShares stake  :) but still... 

Offline yellowecho

NXT is our friendly competition not our enemy  :-[
Besides, you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Please change the title or delete the post..
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 01:17:05 am by yellowecho »
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Yes, change the title please, the world doesn't need more hostility.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Can we please not call Next the enemy? Nxt has good people and good tech. Never forget that they were the first written-from-scratch POS cryptosystem, beating bitshares by months.
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Only NTXer in denial can post a thread with such topic.

Those of them that see the light, are welcomed and are already here.

NXT is not the enemy.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 04:23:48 pm by bytemaster »