Author Topic: When will we achieve next order of magnitude increase?  (Read 21245 times)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

I believe we could overcome bitcoins in 6 - 12 months.

I see you are very confident in the marketing team. I'm still not sure if they can get this much trading volume. But I would love to be wrong..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its not just what the marketing team can do for you, its what you can do for the marketing team (or bitshares). :D

Furthermore, if you have good ideas, which you may (we all have good ideas inside of us), then go to the Marketing Forum and/or Press forum.

Offline CrazyCriple

• View Profile

I see you are very confident in the marketing team. I'm still not sure if they can get this much trading volume. But I would love to be wrong..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Tuck Fheman

Through most if Bitcoin's history, it increased in value an order of magnitude in price 7 times, and all but one of those was in almost exactly 6 months.

Could just be Mark Karpeles manipulating the [mtgox] btc market with his willy bot.

http://www.coindesk.com/bot-named-willy-did-mt-goxs-automated-trading-pump-bitcoin-price/

I wish I could manipulate the market with my willy.  ::)

Offline Maximus0352

• View Profile

Through most if Bitcoin's history, it increased in value an order of magnitude in price 7 times, and all but one of those was in almost exactly 6 months.

See this historical graph:

http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/154/2

I'm assuming the reason it has stopped this progression is because of Bitcoin 2.0, primarily BitsharesX.

And it seems that Bitshares is taking up this 10 times increase every 6 months where Bitcoin left off.

After all, most of us purchased our Genesis block Bitshares at around $0.005 per share right?  And the first bubble easily made it past $0.05 in about 6 months time.

My prediction is that it will hit $0.50 per share in less than 6 months, and that this rate will continue for some time.  Anyone have any arguments for a different view?

Also, just as I've been predicting, the price of Bitshares would be depressed until the Either sale ended, many people taking their 10 times profit and rolling into Either.  Now that is over, the price looks like it is starting to move again.

I want to believe that BTSX will be 0.50 in 6 months, but is there anything tangible backing this claim other than speculation at this point?

Offline bitder

• View Profile

Could just be Mark Karpeles manipulating the [mtgox] btc market with his willy bot.

http://www.coindesk.com/bot-named-willy-did-mt-goxs-automated-trading-pump-bitcoin-price/
wallet_account_set_approval delegate.bitder 1

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com
Okay.  July 21, 2014 I see price of .00002125 BTC from coinmarketcap.com 180 day chart. From coindesk.com I see a BTC price of $620 on that day so I think it comes out to $.013175 per BTSX.

Best I can do for now.

Edit:  Even lower the next day, July 22, 2014: .00001598 BTC and BTC $618 for $.00987564 per BTSX.

Great, with those facts, nobody can deny the claim of the initial price.  But it's still not to far off my original assumption of $0.005, or just a rounder error.

Offline GaltReport

Okay.  July 21, 2014 I see price of .00002125 BTC from coinmarketcap.com 180 day chart. From coindesk.com I see a BTC price of $620 on that day so I think it comes out to $.013175 per BTSX.

Best I can do for now.

Edit:  Even lower the next day, July 22, 2014: .00001598 BTC and BTC $618 for $.00987564 per BTSX.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:34:14 pm by GaltReport »

Offline GaltReport

Depending on what day you made an AGS donation, you got a different price.  If you donated the week before the snapshot, you paid a much higher price.  If you mined PTS in the first week, you paid a lower cost.  My unscientific estimate is that the average is closer to .01
+5%

Offline GaltReport

I believe the average person 'bought' the initial shares for less than $0.005

I doubt it. Closer to $0.01 average for initial shares.

Can you provide some justification for this, which everyone will accept as fact?

He is correct.  It was about $.01 or less.  I had no initial shares so I had to buy.

Think that would hold up if I added that to wikipedia? "The opening prices of "bitsharesX was less than $.01, and we know this because GaltReport claimed it, and he knows because he didn't get any genesis shares so he had to buy afterwords."

Where are you guys getting these numbers?

Brent

I will leave it at that. :) 

Maybe someone else can provide wikipedia quotes for you.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
Depending on what day you made an AGS donation, you got a different price.  If you donated the week before the snapshot, you paid a much higher price.  If you mined PTS in the first week, you paid a lower cost.  My unscientific estimate is that the average is closer to .01
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

I hate to be this guy (again) but I will let those guys provide the numbers for their wrong claims.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

Can you provide some justification for this, which everyone will accept as fact?

He is correct.  It was about $.01 or less.  I had no initial shares so I had to buy.

Think that would hold up if I added that to wikipedia? "The opening prices of "bitsharesX was less than $.01, and we know this because GaltReport claimed it, and he knows because he didn't get any genesis shares so he had to buy afterwords."

Where are you guys getting these numbers?

Brent

Offline GaltReport

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com