Author Topic: !!! Stupid Questions Thread !!!  (Read 251542 times)

Offline graffenwalder

Not sure if this has been brought up already.

At the moment 101 delegates are enough.
But if we use the company metaphor, and BTS grows. Wouldn't we need more than 101 employees?

Tuck Fheman

I think I read a fair amount of the popular post on this forum, yet I always feel like I'm out of the loop ... and I'm trying to keep a lot of people I know in the loop (and failing).  :-\

So here's my next stoopid question, when does the "merger" allocation take place? 

Or in other words, when do we receive the BTS from the Nov 5 snapshot?

Also, do we have to re-import wallets/keys from PTS/BTC clients?

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
When I vote I transfer all my stake to myself. Isnt that publicly visible on the blockchain incl. how much I transferred to myself so that when someone knows the exact time at which I voted he also knows how much stake I have?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
But what if someday the price of BTS = $10. Will the transaction fee remain the same at 0.5BTS per transaction? Or it will dynamically change according to BTS price?
fee's can be adjusted without a hardfork .. it basically depends on the delegates .. if they are ok with 0.0001 BTS per tx .. than that is the minimum fee .. it's NOT static!

Offline abelljefrry

Hey everyone, new BTS user here.

I have one stupid question regarding the transaction fees. So right now, it's 0.5BTS every transaction right? That's really cheap.

But what if someday the price of BTS = $10. Will the transaction fee remain the same at 0.5BTS per transaction? Or it will dynamically change according to BTS price?
Need a designer for your project? Hire me! I accept BTS as payment :)

View my BitShares design portfolio here : bit.ly/BitSharesPortfolio

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Does the forced cover buy above the feed price?

I *think* the forced cover will buy at whatever the lowest ask is.

I think it means that the order will sit at the (changing) feed price until it is fully executed.
So for that time anybody can short or sell BitUSD at the feed.

Yes

So if the order sits at the feed price, it means that you cannot sell for super high price.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
How anonymous am I, meaning: are there conditions under which someone could know how much funds the my bts account has? Does that have to do with how I vote?
If you move your funds all at once, they can be linked together easily ... so they anyone can figure out that SOMEONE has X BTS in it's account ... if you then reveal your identity by sending your funds somewhere from those balances .. that party could figure it out ..

though you can build a script easily that scrambles your balances and leaves no chance of linking them together .. much like blockchain.info mixer .. just without the need for trust :)

Offline jannnic

• View Profile
  • BitShares: jannnic
How anonymous am I, meaning: are there conditions under which someone could know how much funds the my bts account has? Does that have to do with how I vote?

Offline svk

What's the actual relationship between collateral and the asset when shorting? That first one has about 140 dollars worth of BTS in collateral for 20,000 bitUSD, does that make any sense? There's also 8 million USD backed by 5 million BTS??

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Tuck Fheman

What time interval do you prefer when using SAR (Stop and Reversal)?

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Lets say I short BitBTC. There are zero sellers right now, so could the person who buys the BitBTC from my short then immediately put it up for sale at a super high price, requiring > 75% of my collateral to cover? Whats the thing Im missing that prevents this attack?

who will buy it at that super high price? putting a sell order does not mean you will actually sell it.
Yes he will - after 30 days, when the short is forced to cover.

I *think* the forced cover will buy at whatever the lowest ask is.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Lets say I short BitBTC. There are zero sellers right now, so could the person who buys the BitBTC from my short then immediately put it up for sale at a super high price, requiring > 75% of my collateral to cover? Whats the thing Im missing that prevents this attack?

who will buy it at that super high price? putting a sell order does not mean you will actually sell it.

Offline First

• View Profile
Hey guys! After reading a lot in the forums lately i think i caught up with the recent changes.
I now tried to import my PTS wallet into the BTS client to claim my BTS for the Vote snapshot on the 8/21.
I tried to import via import wallet but i am not able to import the PTS wallet.dat as it does not show. How can i import and claim my stake?
Might be a stupid question, but I hope everything will get easier in the future especially for not so tech savvy people like myself.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano

Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline lakerta06