Author Topic: BitShares X needs an awesome hook...  (Read 8035 times)

Offline GaltReport

"The Greatest Financial Experiment Since Bitcoin"

That is pretty good.

I like it as well.  Has a lot of unsaid (soft sell) expectations that it implies.  It doesn't screem "Get Rich!" and in fact on it's face it's almost a neutral message but I think it gets translated internally as a great financial opportunity.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 02:18:00 pm by GaltReport »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
"The Greatest Financial Experiment Since Bitcoin"

That is pretty good.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Since the biggest pro of btsx over any competitor is decentralization:

"Decentralize your world"

Short and sweet. Most people that are smart will get it... to others it sounds smart and once explained they will feel smart.

This would eat apple's pay thing alive since we know its going to be a centralized payment mechanism... essentially we can do everything it can do in a decentralized manor.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline emailtooaj

"Securing Financial Freedom, bit by bit!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Marketing is a science, but who are the real progressive geniuses in this field?

Quote from: tonyk
Next step is to claim that History is a science too. Some people do claim this to be the case though. definitely I am not one of them.

Like most things, it's both a science and an art. Mostly an art though. We've got scientific tools like A/B testing to test specific theories, for example.

One genius that comes to mind is Seth Godin. I'm also a huge Gary Halbert and Jay Abraham fan.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 01:59:00 am by MeTHoDx »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Marketing is a science, but who are the real progressive geniuses in this field?

Next step is to claim that History is a science too. Some people do claim this to be the case though. definitely I am not one of them.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

I think this is a great thread and am sorry I cannot contribute in more productive way.

That being said I want ask:
"Why we have to follow this graph? What is the problem with marketing to the general population?"

I find this approach to unnecessary limit our potential customer/adopter base.

Innovators influence the early adopters who influence the early majority. An early majority person will not put money into crypto without it being "proven" by the early adopters. That's just how it's been for thousands of years.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

I think this is a great thread and am sorry I cannot contribute in more productive way.

That being said I want ask:
"Why we have to follow this graph? What is the problem with marketing to the general population?"

I find this approach to unnecessary limit our potential customer/adopter base.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
Our target demographic is NOT early adopters. Not yet anyway. We are the innovators and we need to bridge the chasm between innovators and early adopters. The language that gets an early adopter hyped up is completely different than the language that will get mom and dad excited. Both adoption phases require different sets of language.

Ok so please try to define "chasm tip" in between innovators and early adopters. It could help a lot when you trying to design a "hook".
What are their needs. You have to know all possible detail about your target audience in order to drove their attention. When you know details you could try to find hot spots..

I meant our target demographic is not the early majority. My bad.

The gaps between the sections are crucial areas that need to be crossed. These are known as chasms.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 12:40:26 am by MeTHoDx »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
"Financial experiment" definitely worked in the Reddit AMA. "BitShares checkmate" seems to have caught on here for whatever reason, and I'm definitely feeling it. I also believe "+5% on anything" could be a killer hook.

I also like the idea of comparing BitShares to a WoMD ...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 12:13:35 am by CLains »

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
I'd love to wear a T-shirt that had the BitSharesX logo and beneath it "Checkmate"

I would also love to wear that shirt!

BitsharesX - Open Resource

BitsharesX - Leverage Your Future

BitsharesX - Welcome to the Next Level

BitsharesX - Liberty 2.0
                - Liberty Rebooted

BitsharesX - Welcome To The Beginning

The Global Village >> Connected | BitsharesX

For fun... We still don't have hoverboards, but we have BitsharesX!

Offline onceuponatime

I'd love to wear a T-shirt that had the BitSharesX logo and beneath it "Checkmate"

Offline Riverhead

I like this one from the OldMan: "I trust Bitshares because I don't have to trust Bitshares."