Author Topic: Lets see if it bounces.  (Read 13923 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Just like I said human behaviour doesn't change... the compression you think about isn't compression of time its because we are early adopters and because of this comes lack of liquidity which exasperates market moves.

Most people can now attest to the fact that almost ALL alts are shitcoin scams which are meant to be a way to get back to the original token (BTC) which itself is a token back to fiat until we have an ecosystem which proves can survive on its own (aslong as transactions are increasing)..

The one's that arent scams will come around... and they have their own charts... we can't compare charts with something that already exists because there is nothing to compare to before crypto that matches. However the long term charts once full mainstream (if it happens) when the volatility issues go away could be similar to the one posted.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:23:25 pm by jsidhu »
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
The timeframes often seem more compressed with cryptos, though. We've seen the birth and death of coins within weeks or months. And some have commented that the technological & commercial growth around cryptos is parallel to the Internet's early growth but much, much faster. Some other P2P industries have developed extremely quickly also, since they have less baggage. But perhaps with a deep, serious business model like BitShares, it will follow a longer cycle. We're in uncharted waters here; time will tell.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I'm still saying that the graph looks an awful lot like this:

Those bubbles take years to come to fruition, human phsycology will never change regardless of how fast we seem to be moving, its almost like the theory of relativity, the laws governing bubbles remains the same regardless of speed :)

Humans need to percieve what is going on and it takes time for that, and the herd comes in when all else fails so as someone else elluded to we are in the stealth phase, of the bubble yet to even lift 1CM off the chart that you show. If this is true we can extrapolate somewhere above $1-$10 based on your chart as where the peak would be. Thanks for the uplifting post!

Offline oldman

• View Profile

It looks nothing like this. If anything, it looks more like the first bear trap before a huge rally.

Considering how long the market has been live I would suggest the price movements of BTSX to date are just noise in the stealth phase.

Those charts typically span years rather than weeks.

But then again, maybe a flood of Bitcoin FOMO wealth kicks off the exponential phase and it just keeps going....

Offline Thom

Bounce baby bounce!

Who here cares about Bitcoin?  :)

This guy need some: 
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8840.msg114697#new

Thanks onceuponatime for the reference. Several options are being pursued. Hopefully I can capitalize on the current downtrend. The fees are killing me otherwise!
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

If I had a larimer for every time I've seen that ridiculous chart...this is the same chart thrown at Bitcoin every time the price rises or falls. In that case, I'd say we're doing pretty damn good...

Also, your posts here in general are always anti-bitshares/pro-nxt with little room for open discussion. Try to be the least bit open minded/unbiased.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:18:35 am by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

It looks nothing like this. If anything, it looks more like the first bear trap before a huge rally.

Offline hughmanwho

• View Profile

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Price seems to be responding more to news, or lack thereof, than technicals.

The interesting thing is the volume and consolidation.

Next round of announcements could be interesting.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Sorry, I exited my position today. Either going to do the smb training program or pay off my truck and buy a ring for the girl. My dump was only 11.8ish btc. That isn't what caused this downslide but it did contribute :(

heh cool but doubt it really matters as thats not that much on btc38

Offline edilliam

replace btsx with altcoin and all said in this thread can be found in ANY other crypto forums too .. don't you guys have better things to do?

It's always fun to speculate. But maybe we should keep these threads to the "Economics" or "Trading Discussion" section, so we don't start overrunning the main board.

Offline wesphily

• View Profile
Sorry, I exited my position today. Either going to do the smb training program or pay off my truck and buy a ring for the girl. My dump was only 11.8ish btc. That isn't what caused this downslide but it did contribute :(

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
without trading no BTSX

- so in my opinion we need more trading :D

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
replace btsx with altcoin and all said in this thread can be found in ANY other crypto forums too .. don't you guys have better things to do?

Someone has a hate for altcoins :) If there were no altcoins there would be no bitshares.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
BitShares X is a trading platform after all...