Author Topic: Marketing Proposal - Our Unfair Advantage  (Read 9396 times)

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
Wow Clains you took the words out of my mouth....

I agree with some of the points that Geneko is making, but unfortunately criticism of the marketing plan, whatever that may be, is not really fostered on this forum in a productive way.

It is hard to understand as Bytemaster with his proven track record and consistently well thought out intentions and ideas is still ripped apart for most of his technical suggestions, however, in stark contrast, the marketing strategy (which unless I have missed something that is simply "market to the masses") is not openly criticized at all and not improved upon collectively, as is consistently suggested to "have faith". But why?  Why do we have one standard of openness and consensus for the technology and yet another, which seem to be quite the opposite for the marketing? Traditionally companies work in reverse where technology secrets are keep closed, but the marketing efforts are more transparent where the strategy, collateral, and analysis are clear and obviously adhering to a broader brand strategy and execution.

This is not meant to be an attack on anyone personally. I just have not seen anything to make me think that the marketing will match the technology innovation in Bitshares. If I am missing something I would love to be enlightened. These posts like this should be taken very seriously, and I think it is a shame that instead of generating honest and objective critique of the marketing plan the OP is basically being told to have faith.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Brian, Max, Michael, Julian and their counterparts in China are just stockpiling ammo until they are given the "ready for prime time" signal from the technical team...

We're betting everything on these two marketing teams. By posting it like this, people like me will sit back and think "the fireworks will come, I can relax." There has been very little transparency regarding marketing, so nobody from the community can critique their operations. Even bytemaster is constantly finding flaws and new angles when presenting things to the community, and yet marketing - which is now more essential than anything else - operate more or less free from the constant pressure of critique and creative comments. Even if you and Dan think that marketing is a fluffy add-on, it is not: it is a serious science and it deserves all the clarity, ingenuity and novel thinking you and Dan can squeeze out of it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:43:50 pm by CLains »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
@Geneko

Slept over your proposal. Here is counter offer:

This guys prides himself as not only great marketer buy a great business mind. Shoot him an email explaining what BTSX is. If he is that great of a mind he will see the great potential and the only thing needed is his magic touch. He will buy (as in actually purchase BTSX) and the increased value of which will be his biggest financial reward. Do you see anything illogical in my suggestion.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
@Geneko - please spell guy next itme  ;) Not that i have a problem with that but .... oh well
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline Geneko

• View Profile

The last paragraph of his sums it up.

Clients now pay Marc up to $10,000/hour and $100,000/year to have personal and direct access to his insights and what he now calls ‘Twists Of The Kube™’ as he Komes up with Kountless Kaleidoscopic Kombinations™ to create wealth for his clients.

The name of gay is Jay if you have read carefully.
I have suggested 1% donation of current holdings, so what do you say about that?

Offline gamey

• View Profile

The last paragraph of his sums it up.

Clients now pay Marc up to $10,000/hour and $100,000/year to have personal and direct access to his insights and what he now calls ‘Twists Of The Kube™’ as he Komes up with Kountless Kaleidoscopic Kombinations™ to create wealth for his clients.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
Gays,

I really appreciate your comments although my basic idea was to discuss about marketing fund, reasons for such idea, and how to do it. The discussion has moved to a man that I have suggested but he and his capabilities isn’t the main point.

I have proposed the whole idea for a reasons discussed here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8671.0 and here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8793.0 and here   https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8202.0 and many other places discussed before in Marketing tread.

Since this is how this forum works, as far as I know, for the purpose of this brainstorming I have decide to explain a bit why I think this gay has right fit for us and why I think he could accept suggested offer.

I think he could help us with this: Many of his strategies focus on helping companies to communicate more clearly to prospects and clients using methods such as unique selling propositions, risk reversal, making clear offers, testing and optimization.

Another reason is that he could provide us access to a mainstream business media pointed here http://www.marcdussault.com/jay-abraham

Another reason lays in a nature of preferable dill. There are various ways this gay could be approached and various dills he could be accepted. In short, if we could persuade him in our assumptions of BitshareX project he might be accept our generous donation in exchange for his services.

Only the imaginable fact that he is involved in the project and has possession of BTSX holdings would have huge implications in marketing of whole thing.

Don’t forget he is wealthy man experiencing everyday problems BitsharesX promise to solve. He also needs to secure and diversify his wealth portfolio.

Finally this is whole new industry, I and if it is going to be huge as we expected, he needs to secure a ticket for entrance, and he couldn’t find better than being involved in one of the most promised of all.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:13:33 am by Geneko »

Offline Geneko

• View Profile

I agree with this.  I'm not saying this guy is like that but there are many of these types that are very long on seminars, books, coaching and testimonials and short on naming specific products/services they launched to the moon.  Again, not saying he's like that...but there is something to be said for a true believer who gets his reward through the results he produces.

Again he has really remarkable track record. You can try to find out more here http://www.marcdussault.com/jay-abraham

Offline Geneko

• View Profile

and that is the problem. Me personally would rather see big names from other fields who genuinely believe that this works knowing
they can make tons more then a fixed deposit just to talk with them.

Nobody said anything about fixed deposit. You just have to prove you are serious enough.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
We already have Brian Page and his team. The reason you have not seen serious marketing yet is because the client is not yet 100% ready for prime time and the tweaks are still being worked out with the system. More marketing is usually a good thing so I'm open to your ideas, but as far as bringing in someone to handle marketing, we have a very capable person already.

Brian, Max, Michael, Julian and their counterparts in China are just stockpiling ammo until they are given the "ready for prime time" signal from the technical team...

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Brian knows a number of people like that.

Offline GaltReport

That's good right?  Just suggesting Brian maybe can be the conduit to get him involved.

Yes but he should be approached with sufficient funds otherwise...but who knows worth trying.

and that is the problem. Me personally would rather see big names from other fields who genuinely believe that this works knowing

I agree with this.  I'm not saying this guy is like that but there are many of these types that are very long on seminars, books, coaching and testimonials and short on naming specific products/services they launched to the moon.  Again, not saying he's like that...but there is something to be said for a true believer who gets his reward through the results he produces.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com

That's good right?  Just suggesting Brian maybe can be the conduit to get him involved.

Yes but he should be approached with sufficient funds otherwise...but who knows worth trying.

DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline GaltReport

Does he have any specific experience launching products or services in this space or in modern high-tech products or services that would be a good example to know what he can do?

Offline Geneko

• View Profile