Author Topic: Reddit Post - Not Favourable - Community May Want to Engage  (Read 5227 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline lucky331

• View Profile

They did a fantastic job. It's sort of ironic that the same people that struggle to get others to take Bitcoin seriously shrug off other technologies like they themselves are shrugged off. Maybe they don't see the irony, I dunno. History is littered with those that hold too tightly to the past. What is most depressing is that they do not see how these new technologies can bolster Bitcoin and give it more strength in the world. Perhaps after Vegas some will understand better that we are not their enemy.
+5% ..

still the article was a little aggressive .. but people need to open their eyes and stop that mining sh*** as quickly as possible .. [/IMHO]

//edit: still upvoting the discussion on reddit

the bitcoin millionaires should at least start doing some research on renewable energy. one side effect of this is peer to peer electricity/energy grids:  http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Energy_Grid

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

They did a fantastic job. It's sort of ironic that the same people that struggle to get others to take Bitcoin seriously shrug off other technologies like they themselves are shrugged off. Maybe they don't see the irony, I dunno. History is littered with those that hold too tightly to the past. What is most depressing is that they do not see how these new technologies can bolster Bitcoin and give it more strength in the world. Perhaps after Vegas some will understand better that we are not their enemy.
+5% ..

still the article was a little aggressive .. but people need to open their eyes and stop that mining sh*** as quickly as possible .. [/IMHO]

//edit: still upvoting the discussion on reddit
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 06:22:51 am by xeroc »

Offline Riverhead

Offline gamey

• View Profile

It is worth reading to see how to handle the religion/tribe that is Bitcoin.  I think arhag+robrigo+methodx did a good job.  Dealing with these bitcoinheads takes a refined approach.  It was probably a wasted effort in this case, but I'd suggest anyone who ever evangelizes to read the thread to look at good ways to approach.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101