Author Topic: Discussion on reaching out to active traders to try BTSX experiment.  (Read 1542 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Well it is all about ideas.  There are ideas we as a community can put our effort into on a volunteer basis and those that we can ask Brian/others to do.  Reaching out to magazine editors etc is great but it likely isn't going to be anything new to Brian or serious marketing guys. 

I'm all for ideas so there is no reason to apologize.  I'd personally like to hear ideas that we as a community can contribute.  Things/ideas that overlap with the forum and its readers. 

I wasn't trying to be negative.  Please suggest things to Brian.  I just think that it is easy for us to suggest to him what to do, but it isn't going to be as effective at finding things we ourselves can do.  I have no idea what he does or what his roll with BTSX is now except he is involved with marketing.  He also has been showing up to the Mumble servers lately.

In the end though forums are all about critiquing ideas etc.  So lets not stop because I come across as cranky.  8)
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Geneko

• View Profile

What is the original source of the list you are wishing to contact ?

This is someone that has established relationship and curtain level of trust with our targeted audience.
Let me explain. It could be someone that regularly sends newsletter to our targeted audience.

While this can be done with grassroots, I'm not sure it is very inspiring.  It sounds more to me like something that should be done by a paid marketer.  While it could be done as a grassroots thing, I would be surprised if you find the proper motivations. 

Sorry I didnt recognize from headline that you are targeting grassroots communities.

Anyway if you want to reach out active traders and make them try BTSX I couldnt think of a better, faster and more reliable way of doing this. This is not trivial task and should be approached as such.

You're asking for coldcalling etc.   Personally emailing?  People aren't being motivated that much by some political sense, so if you wish to harness  grass roots help, it needs to be something people don't mind doing.

While I'm not going to push forums because I have yet to find the right forums for this stuff, I am not sure how it is any more time consuming than your proposal.

Yes that is why we have Brian and marketing team. I thought you are searching ideas for them as well.

Once again sorry I have misunderstood the whole thing.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
What is the original source of the list you are wishing to contact ?

While this can be done with grassroots, I'm not sure it is very inspiring.  It sounds more to me like something that should be done by a paid marketer.  While it could be done as a grassroots thing, I would be surprised if you find the proper motivations.  You're asking for coldcalling etc.   Personally emailing?  People aren't being motivated that much by some political sense, so if you wish to harness  grass roots help, it needs to be something people don't mind doing.

While I'm not going to push forums because I have yet to find the right forums for this stuff, I am not sure how it is any more time consuming than your proposal.

I think perhaps forex related traders.  I need to see what bitAssets we have in play when we start these things up.

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
There are also some other ways to approach them. First of all those people are busy so I would not suggest forum approach.

I suggest direct mail targeting every one of those with its Name. I would recommend direct contact by telephone but some combination of others means could do also. For those purposes we need a list of targeted audience. At the moment I have no idea now how to create it but sure we could come up with something. We should also need recommendation source a name or some kind of explanation,how we got contact details.

Then I would come up with carefully designed invitation letter signed by some respectful member of community, preferably BM, introducing the whole concept and call for an action – to download and install vault and send request for initial funds which could be specially prepared for those invited.
Then let them play with it and say their professional opinion on platform.

The letter should also contain recommendation explanation and invitation for additional questions that should be handled by “sender”, actually by stuff or one man that could be responsible for all requests.

The information’s about technical details should be given with cautious, let them dig more about them, but should be made available. I don’t have in mind actual solution but it is very important to be done step by step. You wouldn’t like to bother someone with block chain technology at beginning, rather how can I use this, how the market works (those people would certainly like to know more about it) and leather what is DPOS and why is Bitcoin needs DPOS and many other we could carefully design.

Those on the list that didn’t respond should be contacted more than ones by same or other means also.
It is a process and should be done with execution and persistence level of a company.

That’s it. I would appreciate any comments, thoughts, ideas.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Brian told us that BitShares will be present at Money2020 (money2020.com/) not sure what he has planned but we might come up with a clever "viral" idea for that conference ... I already tried my FREE idea but it seems interest for it is not worth it .. maybe we should figure something out for money2020 (completely different audience)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
So it is safe to assume that we really need to approach active traders.  Specifically those who are inclined towards early adoption. 

At one point I created a list of trading forums, but they are not sorted that well.  I expected to pull alexis data for each forum/row to sort by so the group could prioritize.  So many forums have anti-spam measures that it might be difficult to post on some.  This is just what my intention was, I think there are other ideas beyond "post on forums".  Lets hear them, please !

I think we need to find people who are open to novel ideas like BTSX. It really takes a certain mindset.  Early-adopters.  How do we target these people ?

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:54:44 pm by gamey »