Author Topic: NuBits  (Read 81436 times)

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Hmm. I'm a bit shocked by Nubit's volume.. I am not sure what to make of it.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/nubits/#markets

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/bitusd/#markets

I am puzzled seeing as though I think BitsharesX is a better solution.. less prone to manipulation just vote out delegates if they act up with their price feeds (Nushareholders holders can't be ousted for manipulating interest rates or printing of money)... more fair distribution and release (AGS/PTS vs internal funding, even now u have to message the dev and give him a reason why u should be able to buy Nushares)... bitUSD has collateral ( Nubits are Non collateralized and can be printed by Nusharesholders)... set free market dynamics that don't change after we get them right (vs Nusharesholders adjusting interest rates and printing money)... Nothing like the Feds (Nushares similar to the Feds.)

What am I missing? Is it because they are on more exchanges? Because it's new and people want to mess around with it? Marketing? Long time Peercoiners support that will fade away eventually once they run out of crypto/capital?

Theyve done more marketing
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Let's see what its volume looks like in a couple of weeks. People may just be trying it out, especially Peercoiners. Is it possible also that market makers and their bots need to acquire a supply with which to conduct their trading activity?

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
Hmm. I'm a bit shocked by Nubit's volume.. I am not sure what to make of it.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/nubits/#markets

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/bitusd/#markets

I am puzzled seeing as though I think BitsharesX is a better solution.. less prone to manipulation just vote out delegates if they act up with their price feeds (Nushareholders holders can't be ousted for manipulating interest rates or printing of money)... more fair distribution and release (AGS/PTS vs internal funding, even now u have to message the dev and give him a reason why u should be able to buy Nushares)... bitUSD has collateral ( Nubits are Non collateralized and can be printed by Nusharesholders)... set free market dynamics that don't change after we get them right (vs Nusharesholders adjusting interest rates and printing money)... Nothing like the Feds (Nushares similar to the Feds.)

What am I missing? Is it because they are on more exchanges? Because it's new and people want to mess around with it? Marketing? Long time Peercoiners support that will fade away eventually once they run out of crypto/capital?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:20:02 pm by CoinHoarder »
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I prefer the collateralized model over the custodian model.  Nubits is too centralized relying on certain individuals, although elected, to make decisions with other people's money.  Central banks are basically elected custodians who make decisions about other people's money... very similar models.

That's what should one HelikopterBen think...

"very similar models"  ... how are they similar?

ONLY their final goal, 'price stability' is the same....

How are central banks not similar to custodians who are elected to manage other people's money?

Rephrase! - I do not bother proving negative facts...
'How are you not stupid?'... just as an example...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 06:22:32 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I prefer the collateralized model over the custodian model.  Nubits is too centralized relying on certain individuals, although elected, to make decisions with other people's money.  Central banks are basically elected custodians who make decisions about other people's money... very similar models.

How are central banks not similar to custodians who are elected to manage other people's money?

I think the most critical difference is that central banks buy back and destroy currency to take it out of circulation whereas custodians can only incentivize people to not sell it *yet*
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
New
ultra
Bubble
Is
Too
Small

...so please pump further!

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
NuBits == DOA
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I do wonder what happens if the market has high demand for "pegged" BitAssets, but low demand for "unpegged" BitsharesX. That's a topic for another thread, though.

What happens is that due to the magical power of free market forces, BitsharesX gains more demand and increases in price!  Our system works! :D

Demand for any asset feeds the BitShares X value. And people can make money betting on the price of an asset, which keeps it stable. That self-interested profit motive is what fuels capitalism and free markets. Even with limited market depth, this market peg already has proven it can track the real underlying asset. NuBits needs a lot of users just to work, and yet it lacks any such attraction for people to acquire it.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I do wonder what happens if the market has high demand for "pegged" BitAssets, but low demand for "unpegged" BitsharesX. That's a topic for another thread, though.

What happens is that due to the magical power of free market forces, BitsharesX gains more demand and increases in price!  Our system works! :D   
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Well, "trolling" is a little harsh, I guess. I should say, I'm just here for the drama. I'm only joking, though. It's been fun, and I've learned more about Bitshares in the process.

No, the topic is more than good here!

Reading too much about Bitshares is a pretty dangerous thing for non believers. Be advised! To many coverts... too many to count.

if the market has high demand for "pegged" BitAssets, but low demand for "unpegged" BitsharesX

Funny you asked that... really pegged assets are pegged....the demand of bitUSD is increasing the value of BTSX... the market is a  really awesome beast!
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Well, "trolling" is a little harsh, I guess. I should say, I'm just here for the drama. I'm only joking, though. It's been fun, and I've learned more about Bitshares in the process.

What happens in this case is that lots of cheap unpegged BTSX is locked as collateral in short positions creating pegged assets in order to satisfy the demand.  Such a demand disparity is basically an arbitrage opportunity.