Author Topic: NuBits  (Read 81430 times)

Offline Chronos

Well, "trolling" is a little harsh, I guess. I should say, I'm just here for the drama. I'm only joking, though. It's been fun, and I've learned more about Bitshares in the process.

I do wonder what happens if the market has high demand for "pegged" BitAssets, but low demand for "unpegged" BitsharesX. That's a topic for another thread, though.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Given the general arrogance of your project
NuBits isn't my project. I'm just here for the trolling. Looks like a success to me.  :P

I'd like to mention, though, that most of the world trusts the Fed to keep a stable dollar. Most USA citizens keep their savings exposed to USD. Attacks on Helicopter Ben, although fun, are actually in the minority.

I'm just here for the trolling

That's a point that we can agree on... Now, go and learn something useful,so you can troll more successfully.

BTW, I fully appreciate your efforts on this forum... those efforts of yours opened the eyes of a lot of people, imho.
[The rule of unintended consequences]

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Chronos

Given the general arrogance of your project
NuBits isn't my project. I'm just here for the trolling. Looks like a success to me.  :P

I'd like to mention, though, that most of the world trusts the Fed to keep a stable dollar. Most USA citizens keep their savings exposed to USD. Attacks on Helicopter Ben, although fun, are actually in the minority.

EDIT: LOL, I got my Bens mixed up. Apparently Ben is a forum member here. Now, where's Janet?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 05:42:16 am by Chronos »

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
... Start with what is criteria in selecting to whom you are going to sell a seat in this self appointed FED of yours, please?
Well, it's not my FED, haha. Only Jordan can answer that question. It sounds like you have two complaints, though:

1) NuBits shares are worthless because the system is borked
2) NuBits shares are too hard to buy

I don't think both of these can bother you at the same time.  ;)

When you debate with someone sometimes you can "take one of their assumptions as true" and then make your point using their own assumption.  That doesn't make you inconsistent... it just further harms the opposing argument that you can attack their system using their own assumptions without having to convince them of your own values which they have rejected.

I will quote the bible as an "absolute authority" when debating Christians about government and libertarian principles to support NAP even though I don't hold it as an "infallible absolute authority" like they do.   Effectively I can use the bible to support that Christians shouldn't support government or use of force even to enforce "God's laws" on others.   That is just good debating. 

Assuming the system worked economically, the control / limited access / insider only process of getting the NuShares is a kiss-o-death and someone could "clone it" with a far more transparent and open process honoring AGS/PTS in the genesis block.   

thats the reason they are not open source!

in my opinion it is not really a crypto as well.

1. not open sourced (yet)
2. so i have to trust to download the wallet. nothing can confirm it is clean and not harming, so a no go to install
3. no distribution at all (some buddys took all the profit and now selling a "experiment" with more risk then upside). sorry, if i would be interested i would prefer to be in this first pool of trusted people, but you get only buddys inside to make you all rich
4. just to use a ledger don't mean you are a decentralized crypto currency (centralized in your case)
5. no community (yet)

and so on

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I prefer the collateralized model over the custodian model.  Nubits is too centralized relying on certain individuals, although elected, to make decisions with other people's money.  Central banks are basically elected custodians who make decisions about other people's money... very similar models.

That's what should one HelikopterBen think...

"very similar models"  ... how are they similar?

ONLY their final goal, 'price stability' is the same....

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile
I prefer the collateralized model over the custodian model.  Nubits is too centralized relying on certain individuals, although elected, to make decisions with other people's money.  Central banks are basically elected custodians who make decisions about other people's money... very similar models.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Oh yeah, NuBits is stable.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Let's try remain to remain civil guys.

Although I must say this.. I just visited Nubits homepage to see what it was all about and I was shocked to see this in large letters.. it is the first thing you see when going to their webpage:

"The World's First Stable Digital Currency"

That is a flat out lie, no? Seeing as though bitUSD has been trading for a while now it seems pretty disrespectful to BitsharesX and bitUSD.

So, I assume you did not get to the first ever 2.0 crypto.... I assume by the same standard BTSX is the first ever 5.0 crypto...

On the other point - I am being civil, to the best of my abilities that is, when I see a pile of BS.

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
Let's try remain to remain civil guys.

Although I must say this.. I just visited Nubits homepage to see what it was all about and I was shocked to see this in large letters.. it is the first thing you see when going to their webpage:

"The World's First Stable Digital Currency"

That is a flat out lie, no? Seeing as though bitUSD has been trading for a while now it seems pretty disrespectful to BitsharesX and bitUSD.
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Given the general arrogance of your project anything you write here should not come as  too big of a surprise. But care to explain 'why you post here, and expect everybody to explain what is wrong with your project?'
...Shouldn't it be the other way around... Sorry again for asking any question going outside of the white-paper... as you said already you do not have any knowledge extending beyond, what 2nd grader can read for her/himself.

clout

i downloaded the wallet. its cute

Offline Chronos

It sounds like you have two complaints, though:

When you debate with someone sometimes you can "take one of their assumptions as true" and then make your point using their own assumption.  That doesn't make you inconsistent... it just further harms the opposing argument that you can attack their system using their own assumptions without having to convince them of your own values which they have rejected.
Ah, I see. So, the stance is more like: "NuBits shares are worthless because the system is borked. And besides, if the system isn't borked, then NuBits shares are too hard to buy."

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
... Start with what is criteria in selecting to whom you are going to sell a seat in this self appointed FED of yours, please?
Well, it's not my FED, haha. Only Jordan can answer that question. It sounds like you have two complaints, though:

Not hard to 'buy' - they are given to a certain clique....
and yes they bother me at the same time, but they will happen at different points in time... As I said before your peg will hold long enough for you/members of the board of your self appointed FED to get rich...

Offline bytemaster

I will quote the bible as an "absolute authority" when debating Christians about government and libertarian principles to support NAP even though I don't hold it as an "infallible absolute authority" like they do.   Effectively I can use the bible to support that Christians shouldn't support government or use of force even to enforce "God's laws" on others.   That is just good debating. 

Assuming the system worked economically, the control / limited access / insider only process of getting the NuShares is a kiss-o-death and someone could "clone it" with a far more transparent and open process honoring AGS/PTS in the genesis block.   

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Chronos