Author Topic: short / medium term price speculation for BTSX  (Read 7258 times)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
BTSX is in a 11 day downtrend with no sign yet of a reversal. Im starting to think that there was nothing substantial to the recent rally in terms of real user adoption. It was just caused by the share buy-back.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
This is not an investment advice.

Both BTC and BTSX charts are very bullish and there is a new global crisis upcoming. I am very biased but damn it feels like we will see some interesting things in the near future.  8)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 08:31:34 pm by vlight »

Offline matt608

• View Profile
I'm pleasantly surprised at the stability and slow climb. Rather unusual for a crypto investment, and more so given how young BTSX is.

At this point it seems reasonable to expect, barring any major hitches, continued stability/slow appreciation until the 1.0 client is released.

Perhaps a bit of a jump due to exposure in the upcoming conference.

Is there an eta on the 1.0 client?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
short into: I am going to publish all available feeds (except WTI) just now!

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I'd expect at least a little bump from launching BitGLD. I don't know when this will happen, but it should attract some interest from segments of the crypto community that wouldn't be interested in bitUSD.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
I'm positive there BTSX will have exciting news to share at the Conference
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline oldman

• View Profile
I'm pleasantly surprised at the stability and slow climb. Rather unusual for a crypto investment, and more so given how young BTSX is.

At this point it seems reasonable to expect, barring any major hitches, continued stability/slow appreciation until the 1.0 client is released.

Perhaps a bit of a jump due to exposure in the upcoming conference.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I think it could go either way. BTC on a downtrend could mean that it's time for 2.0 alts to step up to the plate. However, BTC on a downtrend also signals that money is leaving the crypto-ecosystem and investors are losing confidence in cryptos, harming all coins. In the near term for BTSX I'm predicting the price will stay relatively flat while BTC finds its footing again. Some big new news will need to come to give us another leg up toward overtaking litecoin (e.g., new trading software, new announcement, etc). Without that, I can't see BTSX making another surge upward in the near future, especially in this time of shaky BTC price.

I gather you haven't listened to this one then? It suggests that much more is on the way for BTSX.

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/brian-page-8-27-2014

Actually, I did listen to the whole thing and was mesmerized by the possibilities lol. I seem to keep forgetting about it...also, my track record with predicting which way prices will go has been terrible, so hell yea I'd love to be proven wrong this time!  :D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I think it could go either way. BTC on a downtrend could mean that it's time for 2.0 alts to step up to the plate. However, BTC on a downtrend also signals that money is leaving the crypto-ecosystem and investors are losing confidence in cryptos, harming all coins. In the near term for BTSX I'm predicting the price will stay relatively flat while BTC finds its footing again. Some big new news will need to come to give us another leg up toward overtaking litecoin (e.g., new trading software, new announcement, etc). Without that, I can't see BTSX making another surge upward in the near future, especially in this time of shaky BTC price.

I gather you haven't listened to this one then? It suggests that much more is on the way for BTSX.

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/brian-page-8-27-2014

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
All reasons I can think of why BTC has fallen (POW dead / selling pressure by miners; Alibaba IPO, continious down trend of BTC / technical analysis, merchant adoption -> payment processors selling btc) do not apply to BTSX or might even be positive for BTSX (POW dead).

All about the general development of the crypto currency ecosystem is more positiv than negativ: Merchant adoption, relatively friendly regulation etc.

What do you think?