Author Topic: Balance missing because of old wallet file  (Read 6885 times)

Offline educatedwarrior

• View Profile
Re: Balance missing because of old wallet file
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2017, 02:15:51 am »
no need to be nervous .. your funds are still on the blockchain and as long as you have a backup of your wallet your funds will be accessible again ..

Please help me.  [member=120]xeroc[/member]    Somebody?

I"ve tried all of this...

Migration to BitShares 2.0 - Incorrect Balances - "Know How"
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20822.0.html

Balance Missing Because of Old Wallet File
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,9194.30.html
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 03:25:21 am by educatedwarrior »
BTSX: codeblooded   |   PTS: PiiQ6ZECCRYawcZFc8ZGbvjuCjCnBVuPjA
BTSX delegate: wallet_approve_delegate codeblooded true

Offline mrbildo

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2017, 11:38:27 am »
Same problem, where are the devs on this? Clearly this is a huge issue for many of their "Angel" and early adopters. The lack of support here in recovering lost funds is a joke tbh. I feel like I am having to hack my own wallet just to get my own money back, not cool.

Offline educatedwarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2017, 11:57:22 am »
Same problem, where are the devs on this? Clearly this is a huge issue for many of their "Angel" and early adopters. The lack of support here in recovering lost funds is a joke tbh. I feel like I am having to hack my own wallet just to get my own money back, not cool.

I made a post here in Steemit.  https://steemit.com/bitshares/[member=38]educatedwarrior[/member]/my-experience-upgrading-for-bitshares-x-version-0-4-23-1-to-bitshares-2-0-instructions-included
[member=20630]mrbildo[/member] , maybe we need to start a list of all early adopters having issues upgrading their wallets.   Let me know if you find out anything and I'll do the same.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 12:02:49 pm by educatedwarrior »

Offline mrbildo

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2017, 11:59:52 am »
I think my issue is with rescanning the chain before exporting, I have tried EVERYTHING i can find online and nothing works, this is really not cool.

Offline vikram

« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2017, 10:32:07 pm »
[member=38]educatedwarrior[/member] Do you still have the original backup made using v0.4.23.1? And to be clear this is a backup JSON you are recovering from and not an existing full wallet directory from that old version? And you are sure you did not make any further transactions after this backup was created so it should contain all your keys (including potential AGS/PTS keys that were never claimed)?

I'm looking at some of the old wallet releases and it seems like there might be a separate issue with the format of certain wallet records changing in later versions. These records should have automatically updated when upgrading--but to be safe I'm thinking that for very old backups it might help to:

• Install v0.4.24.1, import and unlock the backup wallet (you might see a wallet format upgrade message)
  • Upgrade to v0.6.2, open and unlock the same wallet (I don't think this step is necessary but just in case)
  • Upgrade to v0.9.3c, import the final blockchain and do a full rescan following the 2.0 migration instructions

More information on where the breakdown seems to first occur would also be helpful. For example, you are able to see your expected balance at point X but cannot migrate it to version Y?

Edit: [member=20630]mrbildo[/member] Sounds like you are in a similar situation with a very old wallet backup JSON? Do you have an idea of where the breakdown might be occurring when following the above steps?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 10:34:29 pm by vikram »

Offline educatedwarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2017, 10:44:28 pm »
[member=38]educatedwarrior[/member] Do you still have the original backup made using v0.4.23.1? And to be clear this is a backup JSON you are recovering from and not an existing full wallet directory from that old version? And you are sure you did not make any further transactions after this backup was created so it should contain all your keys (including potential AGS/PTS keys that were never claimed)?

I'm looking at some of the old wallet releases and it seems like there might be a separate issue with the format of certain wallet records changing in later versions. These records should have automatically updated when upgrading--but to be safe I'm thinking that for very old backups it might help to:

• Install v0.4.24.1, import and unlock the backup wallet (you might see a wallet format upgrade message)
  • Upgrade to v0.6.2, open and unlock the same wallet (I don't think this step is necessary but just in case)
  • Upgrade to v0.9.3c, import the final blockchain and do a full rescan following the 2.0 migration instructions

More information on where the breakdown seems to first occur would also be helpful. For example, you are able to see your expected balance at point X but cannot migrate it to version Y?

Edit: [member=20630]mrbildo[/member] Sounds like you are in a similar situation with a very old wallet backup JSON? Do you have an idea of where the breakdown might be occurring when following the above steps?

I can see my balance after upgrading to v0.9.3c and doing a full rescan.  It's when I import the v0.9.3c wallet export file into bitshares 2.0 my balance doesn't transfer over.

Offline mrbildo

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2017, 10:45:51 pm »
fluxer555 helped me recover mine, took a while but we got it done, I recommend sending him a pm. Few steps in the process and quite a bit of trouble shooting but he knows what he's doing. Hope you get sorted

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Steemit Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2017, 11:14:46 pm »

I can see my balance after upgrading to v0.9.3c and doing a full rescan.  It's when I import the v0.9.3c wallet export file into bitshares 2.0 my balance doesn't transfer over.
1. please make sure you have latest 0.x blockchain data before the rescan. Although the network is down, there is a link to download the full data. Otherwise the balance in your screenshot can't be trusted.
2. if the balance is still there after a good rescan, please make sure the "v0.9.3c wallet export file " is created from the command in the console, but not from the gui/menu.
3. if it's still missing, I guess you did something wrong in 2.0, or perhaps have claimed the funds in 2.0 earlier.

Your issue hasn't been described clearly. Paste more screenshots, step by step, how much time cost on one step, etc.

An easier way is to give your public keys to one of the people who can help. Or ask someone to guide you via Skype or so.
BTS account: abit
BTS committee member: abit
BTS witness: in.abit