Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Shorting the new way 'How To'; Why it is better - comming soon  (Read 4183 times)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Quote from: Agent86
The market rules are not meant only for bot trading, getting rid of the prioritization by fee in favor of prioritization by collateral just made it less costly to trade on deviations/inefficiencies in the market so you may see more bot activity.

Congratulations on the new market mechanics A86. The peg is tracking ALL assets beautifully.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Basically it's dangerous to make assumptions, especially since every new release has some new twist. It's good to get answers that any random visitor would get. I like the ELI5 idea. Even better would be an info-graphic showing how the market works. What's the collateral, when does it get triggered, etc. Picture worth a thousand words.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Well tonyk you didn't really answer the important questions. You provided steps which were... well useless.

Agent86 however understood what I asked and answered it well.

In general if you just tone down your sarcasm you'd be a great contributor. Instead you come off as a total jerk. There I said it. I get the jokes, but when people ask serious questions and I get hit with this 5 year old mentality, it's putting people off. I can manage it, it doesn't REALLY bother me, but newcomers will not find this attitude welcoming.

Just my 2 BTSX.

Good to hear you were the lucky ONE getting helped, then.

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 03:50:55 pm by dat peg doe »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Well tonyk you didn't really answer the important questions. You provided steps which were... well useless.

Agent86 however understood what I asked and answered it well.

In general if you just tone down your sarcasm you'd be a great contributor. Instead you come off as a total jerk. There I said it. I get the jokes, but when people ask serious questions and I get hit with this 5 year old mentality, it's putting people off. I can manage it, it doesn't REALLY bother me, but newcomers will not find this attitude welcoming.

Just my 2 BTSX.

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
This is partly in response to the following conversation (which starts here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9464.msg123288#msg123288) I had with bitmeat.

So generally, I suck because I answered 4 of his question (albeit jokingly) and Agent86 answered only 1 of them but politely.

It does not matter that A86 is the mastermind behind this new short market rules. It does not matter that I have managed to collect like 85% of the answer HOW those market rules work. I have done that through scraping through post partly relate/explaining said rules and through tests in the BTSX client. Test that as we speak have left  non-cancelable orders, orders stretching not only in one market, but appearing in several (bitUSD/BTSX and bitBTC/bitUSD in that case).

But the person who designed those market changes, the person who knows 100% of not only HOW but also WHY those market rules work, as well as what are the benefits from them cares to politely answer just one question (from time to time) when several questions are asked. Requests for explanation of those rules have been plenty – in posts and even entire threads have been dedicated to  that! But the only person that knows the real answers (other than the developers themselves, but we all know they have more work than humanly possible to handle) does not care to post them.
But for that I suck and he does not!

I also suck because before giving the right answers to bitmeat, I have to dig out what the problem of mf-tzo was regarding his short orders. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9361.msg123205#msg123205 The usually helpful xeroc was on the wrong path regarding the issue… the reason for that – nobody has written straight all the new rules regarding shorting. So, your rule digging, just 85% sure about those rules, in house sucker, had to help the guy.
But for that I suck and the above it all politely answering from time to time, masterminds of those rules does not!

Cheers!
I don't know why you're giving devs a free pass for being busy but not me.  I have a time consuming full time job and I'm also a volunteer like you.  I'm hoping to start working on things full time but it's not my current situation.  I would like to spend time on content/ELI5 but I am busy.  I have said you are helpful on the forums, I think bitmeat was only joking when he said you suck.

Speaking of which. You should create an ELI5 for the new market rules and have it stickied. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me the new market engine is meant only for bot trading? The lack of understanding would certainly explain why BitUSD volume has tanked.
The market rules are not meant only for bot trading, getting rid of the prioritization by fee in favor of prioritization by collateral just made it less costly to trade on deviations/inefficiencies in the market so you may see more bot activity.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
Speaking of which. You should create an ELI5 for the new market rules and have it stickied. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me the new market engine is meant only for bot trading? The lack of understanding would certainly explain why BitUSD volume has tanked.

Yes, ELI5 that is 85% correct and that does not explain why we need this, would be awesome .   :)

I get your point but it can be updated as the people in the thread collectively figure it out together. Eventually one of the devs will chime in to correct our mere mortal errors... Maybe?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Yes, ELI5 that is 85% correct and that does not explain why we need this, would be awesome .   :)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
This is partly in response to the following conversation (which starts here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9464.msg123288#msg123288) I had with bitmeat.

So generally, I suck because I answered 4 of his question (albeit jokingly) and Agent86 answered only 1 of them but politely.

It does not matter that A86 is the mastermind behind this new short market rules. It does not matter that I have managed to collect like 85% of the answer HOW those market rules work. I have done that through scraping through post partly relate/explaining said rules and through tests in the BTSX client. Test that as we speak have left  non-cancelable orders, orders stretching not only in one market, but appearing in several (bitUSD/BTSX and bitBTC/bitUSD in that case).

But the person who designed those market changes, the person who knows 100% of not only HOW but also WHY those market rules work, as well as what are the benefits from them cares to politely answer just one question (from time to time) when several questions are asked. Requests for explanation of those rules have been plenty – in posts and even entire threads have been dedicated to  that! But the only person that knows the real answers (other than the developers themselves, but we all know they have more work than humanly possible to handle) does not care to post them.
But for that I suck and he does not!

I also suck because before giving the right answers to bitmeat, I have to dig out what the problem of mf-tzo was regarding his short orders. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9361.msg123205#msg123205 The usually helpful xeroc was on the wrong path regarding the issue… the reason for that – nobody has written straight all the new rules regarding shorting. So, your rule digging, just 85% sure about those rules, in house sucker, had to help the guy.
But for that I suck and the above it all politely answering from time to time, masterminds of those rules does not!

Cheers!

Update: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9521.msg123822#msg123822
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 09:46:55 pm by dat peg doe »