Author Topic: Note pre-sale is live!  (Read 22963 times)

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
Quote from: oco101
You could buy bitUSD with Notes therefore you could buy artistcoins

so i can buy bitUSD with NOTES? When this is the case i am happy.

I DO believe in the project, but i was confused with the concept.

So i buy Notes now and then i can go and get bitUSD, thats great :)

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Err, should infest in pre sale...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Lol sorry corrected

Offline oco101

• View Profile
The shares only benefit the early adopters in the sense that you're buying into a company that is still unknown so you're probably going to get them for a lot less than once available on the open market.

Good point so this could happens of course, and if you believe so you should invest  in pre sale
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 06:08:38 pm by oco101 »

Offline Riverhead

The shares only benefit the early adopters in the sense that you're buying into a company that is still unknown so you're probably going to get them for a lot less than once available on the open market.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Ok, so bottom line is... Notes are for shareholders of the company, but most likely there won't happen a lot in terms of price development. You won't be profiting from it? Or is there any reason why those shares should benefit the EARLY ADOPTER????

You won't be able to buy artist coins with notes.... Therefore you will need bitUSD, right?

And as soon as you hold those artist coins you will be more or less trading it as we know it from the alt market?

You don't need to buy Notes in order to buy Artiscoin correct. You could buy Artistcoin directly with bitUSD. So if you don't care about Notes wait until Peertrack is live then with your CreditCard or debit you buy bitUSD and then you can buy music, Artistcoins and whatever will be for sale on the website. The vast majority of user they will not even know that PeerTracks is working on top of Bitshare Music blochain,

Notes ares used to back up your bitUSD in the same way that bts back bitUSD now. So the more bitUSD are used on PeerTracks, the more valuable Notes will be. Also if you are a holder of Notes there are transaction fee that are going to the Notes holders, they are burned and they reduce the total supply you could  see it as dividends but is a bit different.

So if PeerTrack will be successful Notes will surely increase in value in my opinion. If not you invest just in artiscoin and make money out of it. Donating for  notes in Pre sale is is beveling that the system will be successful.

You could buy bitUSD with Notes therefore you could buy artistcoins
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 05:46:54 pm by oco101 »

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
Ok, so bottom line is... Notes are for shareholders of the company, but most likely there won't happen a lot in terms of price development. You won't be profiting from it? Or is there any reason why those shares should benefit the EARLY ADOPTER????

You won't be able to buy artist coins with notes.... Therefore you will need bitUSD, right?

And as soon as you hold those artist coins you will be more or less trading it as we know it from the alt market?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 04:25:10 pm by Marky0001 »

Offline Riverhead

so basically i don't need to buy NOTES, because i can go with bitUSD?

I am confused when the guys promote it as an investment on a podcast but the foundation page says "it is NOT an investment"??

The NOTES would be the investment side since that's the shares in the company. I'll have to read the foundation page again for context but it might be a CYA statement to keep regulators at bay.

Also, in my own personal opinion, I think the Artistcoins are the real investment. They generate revenue and fluctuate in value depending on the success of the artists. If you're good at spotting up and coming bands I feel there is a lot of money to be made.

Thanks for the correction oco101. My post has been updated.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 04:07:01 pm by Riverhead »

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
so basically i don't need to buy NOTES, because i can go with bitUSD?

I am confused when the guys promote it as an investment on a podcast but the foundation page says "it is NOT an investment"??

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Are you familiar with BitShares? NOTES would be what BTSX is to BitSharesX.

If we want to draw an analogy to a traditional business bitUSD, etc. are what people use to buy the company's product. NOTES are shares in the company - what people buy to own a piece of the company.

Since this is a DAC there is no head office or CEO, etc. It is owned and operated by the NOTES (share) holders. The NOTES holders vote for delegates that run the network (sign blocks) that the Artistcoins are traded on.

The Artistcoin (for example MarkyCoin) are brought into existence by shorting NOTES in the same way bitUSD is brought into existence.

Cob: If I've misstated let me know and I'll remove/update this post.

Correct except the Artistcoin part. They are not shorted they are just a user issued asset.  bitUsd is brought in existence shorting Notes

Offline Riverhead

Are you familiar with BitShares? NOTES would be what BTSX is to BitSharesX.

If we want to draw an analogy to a traditional business bitUSD, etc. are what people use to buy the company's product. NOTES are shares in the company - what people buy to own a piece of the company.

Since this is a DAC there is no head office or CEO, etc. It is owned and operated by the NOTES (share) holders. The NOTES holders vote for delegates that run the network (sign blocks) that the Artistcoins are traded on.

The Artistcoin (for example MarkyCoin) are user created assets on the blockchain.

Cob: If I've misstated let me know and I'll remove/update this post.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 04:02:55 pm by Riverhead »

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
I am very interested in this project and it sounds like we will see really cool innovations in this sphere, BUT...

can we talk about this pre sale from a critical point of view, please?

I dont understand why NOTES make sense honestly, when users will be using BitUSD or bit coin or or or....

Is this just a huge fund raiser where buyers are holding tokens that don't make any sense for me as an investor? I mean HOW will NOTES play a role in this system? In the information you provide on the foundation webpage you say that this is NOT an investment but at the same time you advertise this pre sale on any given podcast by saying you can buy and hold those tokens like shares and be part of a mulit-million/billion network and profit from its development.

I would really appreciate any kind of clarification, because i expect the price of NOTES to dump. 1.5billion units will most likey be wort 50sat, but your "auction" seems like to generate a buy price of 500sat (average) now.

P.S.: Why are you already withdrawing so much btc from this address?

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
blockchain.info/tx/9159d3ddfefd2e96f0740188714b3f962bd00e9b8466bbe258feeedee0adeaf9

IPO is not done yet, they already spent some coins

We heard of BitCocaine and just couldn't help ourselves  (:

actually some advertising bills came in. Expect a press release soon, and some banners on main sites. More of these bills we will receive in the upcoming weeks.

Past expenses are soon to be reimbursed too. Waiting on some attorneys to send the total bill thus far.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitsapphire

blockchain.info/tx/9159d3ddfefd2e96f0740188714b3f962bd00e9b8466bbe258feeedee0adeaf9

That's alright. They need to start working on in right away, of course will be nice if Cob will do some update on what's happening ..

Updates are forthcoming.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline oco101

• View Profile

That's alright. They need to start working on in right away, of course will be nice if Cob will do some update on what's happening ..

Offline BitAsset

• View Profile