Author Topic: "What Is BitShares?" infographic -- your input is appreciated.  (Read 25844 times)

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
These are looking good. Please let me know when you feel they're good enough to share and I'll get them out on social media... B

Offline James212

• View Profile
my friend just made this.  He lifted some stuff, and added a piece of text.  We will be doing more additions.

Suggestions:

Section 1) Open a digital currency ( or money??) / asset account and earn interest on EVERYTHING you hold.  - no bank needed -. <--- or " no bank required"(???)

Section 3)
-"a non-hackable decentralized digital-asset exchange"

- Replace "anonymous".  with " private

-"a stable form of digital ( or crypto depending on audience) currency tied to real- world assets "...( or real world value??.). the stability of gold with the flexibility of digital money"
<---- ( or crypto???)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:45:34 am by James212 »
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Offline James212

• View Profile

Hey did you noticed this here?

Hey, cas. I noticed on the side where 'the bank wins', the last point says "interes" instead of "interest".

Hey guys, I'm sorry I'm just coming to you now, but I just found this thread today and think I may have some useful suggestion (take what you like, leave the rest :-)

1) on the heading, i would add the word "Interest" after "5%" (or dividend(??)...though I like interest better- more universal)   Also would change "anything" to "everything"
2) on the second statement I would leave it at: "Bitshares is the first Decentralized Autonomous Company that allows you to speculate on any asset imaginable and pays interest (dividends on all you asset holdings)" <--- full stop.  at this point it is not important to explain how it is able to pay these divides 
3) In line 3 remove the word Lots as we are trying to distinguish ourselves as being better than a bank we do not want to drive home the similarities that much.  --"We are similar to your local bank in that Bitshares"   ...........(images below) 
4)To me the final section is the most important and should be presented vertically in one complete section across the entire page.  Its funning that the most important bullet points discussing the benefits of bitshares on using the smallest fonts!   make them bigger.  Also  I would lay it out something like this:

"We are similar to your local bank in that Bitshares...........(images below)"   
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOWEVER BITSHARES IS COMPLETELY FOCUSED ON BENEFITING CUSTOMERS

- Profits are paid as dividends to shareholders- (you), instead of spent uselessly on personnel lobbying and construction
- etc
-ect
ect

*one thing regarding section 4) however you decide to lay it out, consider putting the "good" points to the left and the "bad" (traditional banking) points to the right. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:02:26 am by James212 »

Offline James212

• View Profile

Methodx, great job.   A few suggestions: I would change the word "Anonymous" to "Private".  It gives a more positive connotation and less ominous/aggressive.     To me "Private" is the simple natural state of being,  while being "Anonymous" denotes and active tempt to evade.   Also Keeping in mind that the intention is for this message to reach the largest amount of people, I would suggest keeping the terminology a bit more universal:   Changing the word "Crypto" to "Digital Currency"  and "Blockchain" to "Public Ledger" would help in this objective IMHO.     

Then again, if this is just for the Crypto Community, strike my last two suggestions.

PS: on point #3, suggest to change "price stability with derivative assets" to "price stable derivative assets"
      on point #4, "Near 0% fees"  is kind of confusing.  Is it zero fees or not zero fees?

All great points James!

Here is my thinking: we are the innovators and we need to get the early adopters on board. So the language should be targeted at "hot buttons" specific to early adopters (i.e. bitcoin people). We're still a few years away from targeting the early majority.

I'll make the other changes you suggest.

Question: What should I say in place of 0% fees? The copywriter in me likes the "0%" lol.

Hi Mehtodx, regarding the 0% fees comment.  I am not sure the of the actual fact of fees on Bitshares, but I am assuming the fees are not 0%, since it says "Near Zero" on the ad.  I think the "Near 0%" is not as clear as we'd want to be and would suggest something more like:   " "The efficiency of the network allows for a whopping XX% reduction (savings) on trading fees when compared to most popular trading platforms"  or  "at an average fee rate of XX per trade, fees are practically nonexistent"    <--- this is just some general ideas that you can work with if you find useful. 

Let me know if I can help further.   
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 01:46:40 am by James212 »

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Methodx, great job.   A few suggestions: I would change the word "Anonymous" to "Private".  It gives a more positive connotation and less ominous/aggressive.     To me "Private" is the simple natural state of being,  while being "Anonymous" denotes and active tempt to evade.   Also Keeping in mind that the intention is for this message to reach the largest amount of people, I would suggest keeping the terminology a bit more universal:   Changing the word "Crypto" to "Digital Currency"  and "Blockchain" to "Public Ledger" would help in this objective IMHO.     

Then again, if this is just for the Crypto Community, strike my last two suggestions.

PS: on point #3, suggest to change "price stability with derivative assets" to "price stable derivative assets"
      on point #4, "Near 0% fees"  is kind of confusing.  Is it zero fees or not zero fees?

All great points James!

Here is my thinking: we are the innovators and we need to get the early adopters on board. So the language should be targeted at "hot buttons" specific to early adopters (i.e. bitcoin people). We're still a few years away from targeting the early majority.

Question: What should I say in place of 0% fees? The copywriter in me likes the "0%" lol.

We only have till tomorrow night to hash something out.  My friend and me are moving, lets come up with as many MEME infographics as we can.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

All great points James!

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian

Hey, cas. I noticed on the side where 'the bank wins', the last point says "interes" instead of "interest".
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
my friend just made this.  He lifted some stuff, and added a piece of text.  We will be doing more additions.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Im having a friend add a background to that infographic (as im technically incompetent).  I hope you dont mind, lets see how it turns out.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline GaltReport

I would like to leverage these infographics when they are done and use on my site.  Is their a central repository for them ?

Offline GaltReport

Hey cass thanks for posting this, I haven't seen it. The design is nice but I'm not a fan of the 5% interest it advertises. It's not the right hook for the demographic BTSX should be targeting. My infographic is meant to capture the interest of an experienced trader. I think that's really who we appeal most to. Traders will understand the value proposition BTSX offers.

Great work on these infographics, all involved.  I think we can and should appeal to multiple markets  and probably want different marketing material for each.  Not sure about the order though, maybe the Trader should be the first target until everything has been tested more and it's a bit easier for the casual/mass user to use but we shouldn't abandon that huge market and can work-up marketing material for both.  These can then be leveraged for website(s)/blogs/email etc...

The 5% interest (or whatever it is) would be great if and when we could include screenshots of an account with the interest shown, maybe circled in red or some such way to highlight it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 02:33:45 pm by GaltReport »

Offline James212

• View Profile
Updated version.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 12:49:21 pm by James212 »

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
I can offer to translate those into russian when you done if you want
btsx - bitsharesrussia