Author Topic: Proposed Allocation for Merger  (Read 77541 times)

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Here are the threads where the new VOTE changes were discussed:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10057.0
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10118.0

If you can't tell me in one sentence and you'd rather take the time and post links to direct me to the maze for what a simple answer this should be, then I am convinced you truly have no clue what us going on or about to happen. And it's funny that you and one other are the loudest trumpets in favor of this. Weren't you just defending NuBits the other day?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Does anyone want to tell me why VOTE changed everything?

I haven't been able to find the amazing revelations related to vote.

Possibly California exploring new voting systems and the VOTE concept fitting what it is California is looking for.

Yea, California is going to want to accept BTS as a voting solution?  Does that seem plausible?  A custom blockchain - yes.  The 2nd swiss-army of blockchains ?  ... ?

Yea it keeps track of your votes !  And does your Name Service !  The ultimate vote solution !

<facepalm>

Am I being too cynical ?
Obviously, the VOTE DAC has more implications than some of us have considered. I know I hadn't given it much credit. Seems like a neat project, but I'm unclear on where the value comes from and how the heck they are going to get any government or corporation to use it. But it seems there's more to VOTE than meets the eye. I'm guessing it moves us more into Ethereum territory.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Possibly California exploring new voting systems and the VOTE concept fitting what it is California is looking for.

Yea, California is going to want to accept BTS as a voting solution?  Does that seem plausible?  A custom blockchain - yes.  The 2nd swiss-army of blockchains ?  ... ?

Yea it keeps track of your votes !  And does your Name Service !  The ultimate vote solution !  OH yea, we're a bank denominated in all manner of commodities !  Come one ! Come all !

<facepalm>

Am I being too cynical ?

I'll second that        <facepalm>

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Yea it keeps track of your votes !  And does your Name Service !  The ultimate vote solution !  OH yea, we're a bank denominated in all manner of commodities !  Come one ! Come all !

<facepalm>

Am I being too cynical ?

It seems for this reason that the various aspects of the "super DAC" should be branched off into their own wallets or something -- there needs to be a separation between all these different ideas, while still being ultimately backed up by the BTS super token so that investors are happy and developer focus isn't pulled to competing ventures.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline gamey

• View Profile

<facepalm>

Am I being too cynical ? 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 07:33:55 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

It was at the right place at the right time.

Neither of these explain it.  Do we not know the true catalyst thinking behind all of this? I could only find teasers about something to be announced and if this is the case, a huge mistake is being made here.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

It was at the right place at the right time.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline xxeyes

• View Profile
I haven't yet claimed the BitsharesX I am entitled to based on my AngleShares donations.  Can I continue to put this off or will I have difficulty claiming my share once the merger has happened?  The reason I haven't claimed them yet is that the client doesn't work on my older iMac and I haven't had the time to upgrade it yet.

Offline mint chocolate chip

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
2 years vesting period is too long. Rather than reducing stakes for early withdrawal, just make 25% available at 6 month mark, 50% at 1 year mark, 100% available at 2 year mark etc... gradual vesting

I'm pretty sure that's what BM meant when he called it "linear."
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline URSAY

• View Profile
I've been into bitcoin since the early days.  BitSharesX has been one of the more confusing offerings.  Simplifying and streamlining the eco-system is essential for new user adoption and growth.

You have the features.  Making these features easier to use, providing documentation, and improving on these features will drive further adoption.  :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 07:14:32 pm by URSAY »

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
2 years vesting period is too long. Rather than reducing stakes for early withdrawal, just make 25% available at 6 month mark, 50% at 1 year mark, 100% available at 2 year mark etc... gradual vesting

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
3% VOTE
3% DNS
7% PTS
7% AGS
80% BTSX

So, to recap: there will be 2.5 billion BTS. 3% of these are allocated to DNS, that's 75 million BTS. The initial allocation of DNS granted 10% to toast, that's 7.5 million BTS or about 200.000 USD at current price. IOW toast will receive 200k USD for bringing the DNS chain to the point where it is now, which is little more than an initial clone of the bitshares toolkit?

And you call that a "merger" and "capital infusion"? Oh boy.

Toast will not be including his developer grant.

Thanks for the clarification. What about the currently unallocated 50% DNS?
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de