Author Topic: BitShares REloaded Site is up! The New BitShares.org Check it out!  (Read 32416 times)

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Going to give my honest feedback. Not happy with this. Its exactly as i feared; people who go on this site will have no idea what bitshares actually is, and all they'll see are emotionally loaded words instead of any real explanation or description.

We have tried to descibe / explain etc .. but if you have this in mind ... at this time also most users weren't happy with ..

Why not use:

BitShares.

Bank on it,
trade on it,
save on it,
spend on it
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@Rune: Let's register BitSharesTech.org and give the technical details there!

or maybe
- tech.bitshares.org
- info.bitshares.org
- intern.bitshares.org
- science.bitshares.org

As a "landing page" .. bitshares.org is fine (at least to me)

Offline lakerta06

BitShares is trustworthy yet requires you trust no one.
Maybe my understanding of english is too german here, but doesn't this sentence actually mean "it is explicitly required that you trust no one, to use bitshares - so if you trust anyone it wont work?

I'll second that, shouldn't it be

BitShares is trustworthy yet  [it] does not require you to trust anyone.

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
for this you have to ask which target groups we're trying to reach ... as said before … when we want to hit mainstream… the average user doens't want to know how it works ..
he want's to know that it works ... Guess most of paypal users don't know whats go behind the scenes ...

Is the average paypal user the target group?

I'm still trying to understand what we're trying to achieve with the website so that I can feedback if I think the website is effective.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Going to give my honest feedback. Not happy with this. Its exactly as i feared; people who go on this site will have no idea what bitshares actually is, and all they'll see are emotionally loaded words instead of any real explanation or description.

I especially don't like the headline. Why not just have the name first, then put the buzzwords underneath? Verbing the product name just seems so tacky and forced.

Also the answer to the tagline question is going to be "because I have no clue what bitshare means". If you want to have a cheeky question like this then it should at least be at the bottom, after a proper description.

The pictures have no relation to the product either, other than showing some computers. Some people might be able to guess that this is a sell page for software but many will get to the bottom and still have zero clue what the entire thing is for.

for this you have to ask which target groups we're trying to reach ... as said before … when we want to hit mainstream… the average user doens't want to know how it works ..
he want's to know that it works ... Guess most of paypal users don't know whats go behind the scenes ...

If i may ask.. which image language you would go with ?... Problem IMO is if you want it like it is .. completely technical …then you can't catch the *masses with it … they aren'T interested in this technical stuff ...

but thx for your input
c
I like the customer orientation. It is a good teaser to look further in the ressources section.
What could be done is: Have an extra link to the ressources in the about section? Something like: "BitShares uses blockchain technology, similar to what was pioneered by Bitcoin in 2009. If you want to learn more about the technology powering BitShares go to "Wiki", "Blog", ..."
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 12:18:36 pm by delulo »

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
Amazing job. Great work. On desktop PC, displays v well - however on mobile (Note 3 & iphone) the RHS of images are truncated. Background video image doesn't seem to load, plus the lighter header bar bleaches out the bitshares logo making it harder to read the top left Bitshares logo and the RHS top menu icon, and both their lettering.

The beach image with Lifebuoy is great, but should the word displayed be "Safety", to better match the image?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

I especially don't like the headline. Why not just have the name first, then put the buzzwords underneath? Verbing the product name just seems so tacky and forced.

Also the answer to the tagline question is going to be "because I have no clue what bitshare means". If you want to have a cheeky question like this then it should at least be at the bottom, after a proper description.

The pictures have no relation to the product either, other than showing some computers. Some people might be able to guess that this is a sell page for software but many will get to the bottom and still have zero clue what the entire thing is for.

if you think you know better what's needed, i'll assist you with design etc. no problem ... just said again ... it's allowed to build an own site/project to address this issues and explain it like you want ...

also we have wiki.bitshares.org IMO we should point to wiki .. cause this can be maintained by more then a hand full users ...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

We have tried to descibe / explain etc .. but if you have this in mind ... at this time also most users weren't happy with ..
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

If i may ask.. which image language you would go with ?... Problem IMO is if you want it like it is .. completely technical …then you can't catch the *masses with it … they aren'T interested in this technical stuff ...

but thx for your input
c

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
and honeslty idk if there legal issues then if we include BTS client on local side ... your thoughts?

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Why does the Download page have a 32bit and a 64bit windows download ... both pointing to THE SAME exe download file?

Can we have a SOURCES link to github there instead?!

PS: main menu has MUCH better contrast now!! +5%

problem with source links to github is chinese slow loading problem (have to address this issue later on) etc. i'm uploading wallet files directly to .org and then publish also sha1 etc.

And yes, you're right currently jsut one win version out there... asap.. 2nd version is out i'll add it also
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:07:02 am by cass »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I don't like the background image of the Merchants page, kind of gloomy. Looks like Hong Kong before a Kaiju attack :D

but maybe you noticed bitUSD payment options ... and this all right before the Kaiju attack^^

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Why does the Download page have a 32bit and a 64bit windows download ... both pointing to THE SAME exe download file?

Can we have a SOURCES link to github there instead?!

PS: main menu has MUCH better contrast now!! +5%

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091