Author Topic: Introducing Sparkle - BitShares meets Proof of Work.  (Read 25293 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I hate these flame war threads.

And I for one enjoy reading Charles' posts and Im glad he is around.

I havent read this whole thread but OP is saying he wants to take a profitable company and make it unprofitable ??? One of the "latest innovations provided by BitShares" was getting rid of mining.

First you are in the minority.  THe general internet public loves a good flame thread.

Sparkles idea is actually genius.  If he does btc mining then he'll poach off some of the miners.  It will be an interesting idea because we'll give POW people a way to be introduced to the product.  No one overtook BTC yet..  THese are good signs.  it means we're starting to get where bitcoin was.
I speak for myself and only myself.

charleshoskinson

SO how are they connected, all bullshit aside?

One of these days, I'll do one of those Frost-Nixon interviews with Adam. It will be fun.

Weren't you part of Mastercoin too?

No never, and in fact I was one of the harshest critics of the mastercoin team. Dan and I endured a long debate back in I believe July of last year from J.R. and Ron on the Bitshares intro thread. Later, when I was speaking in Toronto, J.R. asked a pretty direct security question when I was speaking. I like David Johnston, but I think MC is a failed project and was poorly run from the start.

Conspiracies theories much?  I think dan is plenty busy working on a number of more Important projects than that of sparkles.  I think, however, that sparkles has hit a nerve with charlie.. maybe he is playing the fiddle too hot?  Regardless, im starting to like the guy.

Fuzz, not many people mention bitcoin mag and the foundation. Even fewer remember that I was the first education chair and resigned around October of last year. I'm impressed with the digging.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 12:01:32 am by charleshoskinson »

Offline fuzzy

Charles you have earned a reputation throughout the crypto currency arena.   People from many different projects have interacted with you and had both bad vibes but also bad experiences with your manipulative techniques.  You have a big ego and a way with words.   

I have seen the conflict you have created everywhere you go.   Ethereum, BitShares and all the way back to Bitcoin Magazine and the Bitcoin Foundation.   

You have a reputation that is so throughly burned that you need to start over again from a very humble and cooperative position.    I suggest you may want to go to a different industry where you are not known.

I don't know why you post here, but it is hardly constructive.

That's like your opinion man   >:(. Curious that you mention the foundation and bitcoin magazine. Sparkles is pretty close to Dan it seems.
Conspiracies theories much?  I think dan is plenty busy working on a number of more Important projects than that of sparkles.  I think, however, that sparkles has hit a nerve with charlie.. maybe he is playing the fiddle too hot?  Regardless, im starting to like the guy precisely because charlie being so po'd means this is threatening to him.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 12:01:10 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline gamey

• View Profile
SO how are they connected, all bullshit aside?

Weren't you part of Mastercoin too?

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
I hate these flame war threads.

And I for one value reading Charles' very smart posts and Im glad he is around here. I dont get why there is so much hate. I also respect anyone who is willing to put their real name out in the public domain and stand for something.

I havent read this whole thread but OP is saying he wants to take a profitable company and make it unprofitable ??? One of the "latest innovations provided by BitShares" was getting rid of mining.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 12:00:15 am by speedy »

charleshoskinson

I was not aware of that.   How were they connected?    I am also aware of other individuals whom you have burned.   Lets just say that there is a social network that tracks what you do and spreads it around in an effort to protect people from you.   

So when I release the second edition of BEP's bitcoin course under a creative commons license, then you'll have a protest? The people that I've supposedly burned have ended up raising millions of dollars and achieving positions of prominence in this field. I think you have a seriously mistaken opinion of me, but that's fine. Do what you want. 

Where is the Illuminati in this ?  What do you mean "connected" ?

Like the facebook relationship status, I'll just say its complicated.

LOL.. damnit charlie. I want to smack you, but honestly that slap would have at least 10% less velocity simply in response to an epic quoting of "the dude".

The Big Lebowski is one of my favorite movies. I watch it every year at the Landmark Esquire at a midnight showing
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 11:55:35 pm by charleshoskinson »

Offline fuzzy

Charles you have earned a reputation throughout the crypto currency arena.   People from many different projects have interacted with you and had both bad vibes but also bad experiences with your manipulative techniques.  You have a big ego and a way with words.   

I have seen the conflict you have created everywhere you go.   Ethereum, BitShares and all the way back to Bitcoin Magazine and the Bitcoin Foundation.   

You have a reputation that is so throughly burned that you need to start over again from a very humble and cooperative position.    I suggest you may want to go to a different industry where you are not known.

That's like your opinion man   >:(. Curious that you mention the foundation and bitcoin magazine. Sparkles is pretty close to Dan it seems.

LOL.. damnit charlie. I want to smack you, but honestly that slap would have at least 10% less velocity simply in response to an epic quoting of "the dude".

I agree with sparkles and unless he is a puppet account of yours im growing to like him as a person (whoever you are dear stranger).

But damn... I mean how can you not at least chuckle a LITTLE BIT at that repost? If only you were the dude, man...

Jesus still laughing..
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I know people from all of the mentioned organizations.   

Then you'll know that the foundation, bitcoin mag and Invictus were all connected. And Ethereum is its own animal. I'm doing just fine Sparkles and plenty of people want to work with me.

Where is the Illuminati in this ?  What do you mean "connected" ?

Offline sparkles

• View Profile

Then you'll know that the foundation, bitcoin mag and Invictus were all connected. And Ethereum is its own animal. I'm doing just fine Sparkles and plenty of people want to work with me.

I was not aware of that.   How were they connected?    I am also aware of other individuals whom you have burned.   Lets just say that there is a social network that tracks what you do and spreads it around in an effort to protect people from you.   

charleshoskinson

Offline sparkles

• View Profile

charleshoskinson

Offline sparkles

• View Profile

charleshoskinson

CHarles you have no sense of humor!  WARPED !!!  You crack me up buddy.  I think I'd like you in person an awful lot. Sometimes we are not near the person we seem to be on the forums.

When I finally do get back into the game next year, I'll let you know what conferences I'm attending. Let's try to meet up.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Beware the name dropping.   This is typical of Charles.  Once you recognize the technique these types of individuals use it becomes very obvious that there is no substance.   

Thanking a database company for promptly and fully answering my emails is somehow name dropping? Jesus man, you all are warped.

CHarles you have no sense of humor!  WARPED !!!  You crack me up buddy.  I think I'd like you in person an awful lot. Sometimes we are not near the person we seem to be on the forums.