Author Topic: Introducing Sparkle - BitShares meets Proof of Work.  (Read 25317 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Here's my fundamental frustration. There are some here who approach every outside project from the perspective that they are fundamentally flawed both economically and technologically, the products of hard work like media exposure are the consequences of special NWO connections, and when a project is radically more successful than yours it's just somehow because the world isn't enlightened enough or just all marketing.

A lot of you have invested a huge amount of time and money into the idea of bitshares. Are you really happy with the progress that has been made, the ad hoc decision making process, and the lack of effective communication? Maybe there is a reason why bitshares doesn't get as much media exposure as the 2.0s and it doesn't involve a conspiracy?

Ahhh there is the manipulative Charles we know and ....    Was wondering where he went.  Just biding his time to start it up again.

Like you are frustrated with this forum.  Cut out the horseshit.

Honestly, the only horseshit I see is seeping out the back end of the high horse you are sitting on. The dude has valid points.

The Ad hoc decisions by I3 have done irreparable short term damage.

"One guy" attacks and somehow Charles is the bad guy for pointing it out. Yet, there is precedence for the lynch mob mentality here not only directed at Charles, but many others too. Not to mention your quick step up on to the hate wagon.

Quit pushing people away and invest your time in bringing them in. 7 billion people out there and you act like Charles Hoskinson and Adam Levine are the only two people who see flaws in the Bitshares Community. The vocal majority here are constantly stuck in tunnel vision and faux reality that unless your wave the palm palms for Bitshares you are an enemy. Outside opinions and counter opinions should always be welcome. If those opinions hold no weight, they will get buried in the forum and cease to be anything more than unnecessary ramblings.

It was nice to see you defending charles in the thread I referenced. 

Charles isn't frustrated with this forum. Good luck with this belief.  Lots of times you're pretty spot on.  Again, 1 guy attacked this Sparkles guy and Hoskinson uses it as an excuse to give a speech about what is wrong with this forum.  That is after multiple people attacked the guy who attacked Sparkles!!!

Does that make any sense to you ?

Motives motives motives.  The bleeding hearts can go cry it out because their friend Charles has departed for the night.  OH well.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Here's my fundamental frustration. There are some here who approach every outside project from the perspective that they are fundamentally flawed both economically and technologically, the products of hard work like media exposure are the consequences of special NWO connections, and when a project is radically more successful than yours it's just somehow because the world isn't enlightened enough or just all marketing.

A lot of you have invested a huge amount of time and money into the idea of bitshares. Are you really happy with the progress that has been made, the ad hoc decision making process, and the lack of effective communication? Maybe there is a reason why bitshares doesn't get as much media exposure as the 2.0s and it doesn't involve a conspiracy?

Ahhh there is the manipulative Charles we know and ....    Was wondering where he went.  Just biding his time to start it up again.

Honestly, the only horseshit I see is seeping out the back end of the high horse you are sitting on. The dude has valid points.

The Ad hoc decisions by I3 have done irreparable short term damage.

"One guy" attacks and somehow Charles is the bad guy for pointing it out. Yet, there is precedence for the lynch mob mentality here not only directed at Charles, but many others too. Not to mention your quick step up on to the hate wagon.

Quit pushing people away and invest your time in bringing them in. 7 billion people out there and you act like Charles Hoskinson and Adam Levine are the only two people who see flaws in the Bitshares Community. The vocal majority here are constantly stuck in tunnel vision and faux reality that unless your wave the palm palms for Bitshares you are an enemy. Outside opinions and counter opinions should always be welcome. If those opinions hold no weight, they will get buried in the forum and cease to be anything more than unnecessary ramblings.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Plz link it here for everyone

I'm not sure if you are talking to me or onceuponatime.

I will give you the answer to what I was referring to above.  One guy attacked charles and he starts going on about how our community is flawed.  Maybe I'm too harsh on Charles, but I usually enjoy his posts.  Last I heard he was working on lots of scala code (I was reminded as I was finding the thread).  I'm curious how that is going.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5252.0

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline gamey

• View Profile

And you gonna change that by this post of yours how? Other than opening our eyes to the great truth you are here to deliver, which otherwise we are too blind to see?

The worst part is, *one* guy out of thousands attacked Sparkle.  Cue Charlie.

He takes one data point and start extrapolating the behavior of a whole community over it.  We've seen this same thing before.

Offline onceuponatime

I just received a PM:

onceuponatime,

You have received a warning for insulting other users in this thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11634.msg153163#msg153163 . Regardless of what happened, please abide to the forum rules and be nice to one another.

Regards,
The BitShares Forum Team.

Since I am absolutely without an inkling of how I have transgressed forum rules, I will have to make this my last post (I was unable to respond to the PM - apparently "BitShares Forum" doesn't accept replies ).

Offline gamey

• View Profile

zerosum

And you gonna change that by this post of yours how? Other than opening our eyes to the great truth you are here to deliver, which otherwise we are too blind to see?

charleshoskinson

Offline onceuponatime

You seem to have very strong feelings about a person you've never met and know very little about. And the bitshares people wonder why they have such a small exclusive community. Tell me again how ethereum is a computer science experiment with no technical value that bitshares could replicate almost immediately. Did Dan say that before or after claiming vitalik wanted to partner with you guys and adopt DPOS? Getting hard to remember these days.

Wow, Charles, your skin has become quite thin again! I thought you had adopted a thicker skin when frequenting this site?

Ethereum hadn't entered my mind when I posted. I know little to nothing about it. I did, however, watch your bitcoin teaching series on Udemy. and I am very grateful to you for having produced it. That seemed to me to be pure and selfless community service. Thank you.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Relax charles its a team environment, some of the ideas here are good for all involved orherwise you wouldnt be reading this.. but the ideas here in this thread, atleast some of them dont represent the truth... Good on new implentations.. More advirtisment for the main brand..
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 08:14:45 am by jsidhu »
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

charleshoskinson

You seem to have very strong feelings about a person you've never met and know very little about. And the bitshares people wonder why they have such a small exclusive community. Tell me again how ethereum is a computer science experiment with no technical value that bitshares could replicate almost immediately. Did Dan say that before or after claiming vitalik wanted to partner with you guys and adopt DPOS? Getting hard to remember these days.

Offline onceuponatime

If you can't judge him by his posting history, then you'll just have to judge the ideas and code divorced from the person. I wonder if there was another project that had that condition? Maybe started a half decade back.

I read Satoshi's white paper, and became involved immediately. I read Daniel's white paper, and became involved immediately.

I am guessing that Sparkle is one of your "experiments" that you want to run at other people's expense - and that's alright - but where is the white paper?

charleshoskinson

If you can't judge him by his posting history, then you'll just have to judge the ideas and code divorced from the person. I wonder if there was another project that had that condition? Maybe started a half decade back.

Offline sparkles

• View Profile
I have managed to pull out all of the DPOS block production and to run tests without any proof of work on the block production. 

Tomorrow I hope to have a test network up and running that is powered by POW.