Author Topic: ripple rally  (Read 44810 times)

Offline pendragon3

So all those smart people at Ripple forums who said that Ripple is the next big thing were right after all... so much for it being centralized to fail...
Price rallies and its next big thing?? really?

Sometimes, perceptions can become reality. If ripple manages to overtake btc in market cap, they will be a more formidable competitor for BitShares, without some of the key weaknesses of Bitcoin: slow confirmation time, wasteful mining, and changing supply. They will then get a lot of attention from the community. They will also have a really big war chest in terms of XRP that they can spend to fund development.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Which all points to the importance for BitShares of getting to a stable Client 1.0 as soon as possible. Every day that goes by without that further reduces our chances of success.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
So all those smart people at Ripple forums who said that Ripple is the next big thing were right after all... so much for it being centralized to fail...
Price rallies and its next big thing?? really?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I remember the days that I had a lot of XRPs bought @ $0.003 and sold them all @ 0.005 to buy BTS @ market cap $65 mil if I remember correctly...
I never thought XRP would be $0.02 again and I never thought to see BTS market cap @ $40 mil ever again...
That was another smart trading experience of mf-tzo...Well done to XRP!!

It was a smart trading move at the time, BTSX was in a position to leave Ripple in its dust imo.

We had $4 million + trading days at times. The money is out there when the market believes you get it right. We just have to prove to them the merits of BTS.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 01:06:52 pm by Empirical1.1 »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I don't think it is just a huge pump but I also believe ti will correct at some point. I am not going to invest in ripple just to make money from trading but I will most probably use it in the future for money transfers across different banks. Ripple only improves existing financial system and transfers of funds.
Bitshares will revolutionize money and decentralization of capital. In the end of the day even if we don't make money with BTS at least you know that you support your ideals.

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I don't think it is just a huge pump but I also believe ti will correct at some point. I am not going to invest in ripple just to make money from trading but I will most probably use it in the future for money transfers across different banks. Ripple only improves existing financial system and transfers of funds.
Bitshares will revolutionize money and decentralization of capital. In the end of the day even if we don't make money with BTS at least you know that you support your ideals.

chryspano

can this ripple pump be the final blow to litecoin? maybe lots of people will dump their litecoins and try their luck with ripple, I think ripple will have a huge crash at some point so I'm staying away from it anyway. No trader here I just try to figure out if there is something else than just a simple and huge pump.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:57:52 am by chryspano »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I remember the days that I had a lot of XRPs bought @ $0.003 and sold them all @ 0.005 to buy BTS @ market cap $65 mil if I remember correctly...
I never thought XRP would be $0.02 again and I never thought to see BTS market cap @ $40 mil ever again...
That was another smart trading experience of mf-tzo...Well done to XRP!!

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I want to short ripple on the BTS platform ,please give me (us) this opportunity.
We have a powerful weapon in our hands lets start using it.
I suggest that every time some alt coin gets major attention and starts to move up hyperbolically (unsustainable price rise)  we will open a pair for that coin against BTS,
On one hand we will market this let say BitXRP asset to the rushing buying populous and on the other will be short this asset.
I think that this is a grate way to increase our market cap and personal holding exponentially by using others alt coins momentum (reminds me Bushidō lol) .
Do I the only one who think so or some of you share with me the same interest?

I suppose you are glad you didn't had the option when ripples marketcap was at $300 million (?)  8)

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:08:47 am by liondani »

sumantso

I want to short ripple on the BTS platform ,please give me (us) this opportunity.
I suggest that every time some alt coin gets major attention and starts to move up hyperbolically (unsustainable price rise)  we will open a pair for that coin against BTS,
On one hand we will market this let say BitXRP asset to the rushing buying populous and on the other will be short this asset.
I think that this is a grate way to increase our market cap and personal holding exponentially by using others alt coins momentum (reminds me Bushidō lol) .

BitBTC has a cap of $16k, and it actually has an advantage over BTC which is slow and doesn't return yields. Safe to say having other pairs now is a waste.

Any BitAltcoin asset will work if the altcoin itself doesn't offer anything outside speculative value. Something like XRP which is fast and has some use is not a good target at this stage.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Anyway, the Ripple rise seems to have ceased at the moment - it's down a little...

Um...ripple has been up every freaking day for weeks.
Its utterly crushing everything.  It might pass bitcoin.

They have real marketing, and they won.

Now...lets go become #2 in the world where altcoins are surpassing bitcoin. :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline srcgpsmp

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 06:00:28 am by srcgpsmp »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
lol.. honestly I haven't heard anyone else saying that quote before...I thought it was my quote and it is something that I have been saying the last 5 years...

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
And to close with an advice... When society and everyone around you think you are crazy, then most probably you are right.. ;)

I'm not disagreeing with you, but your comment reminds me of a Carl Sagan quote which happened to be mentioned by Andreas M. Antonopoulos on a podcast I listened to recently.
"Let's Talk Bitcoin! #165: The Shadow of History" - http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-165-the-shadow-of-history

But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.

Carl Sagan

Anyway, the Ripple rise seems to have ceased at the moment - it's down a little...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Thank you all for your explanations regarding ripple rally. My conclusion regarding ripple rally is the following:

Yes many can speculate on the fact that ripple will be part of our day lives in the future.
Yes ripple can be very profitable (I made more money with ripple last year and surprisingly with World coin  than with any other coin which I had losses so far..)

But I believe Bitshares will eventually outperform everything else out there in the loooong run...It's all come down who to trust and why...If you trust the current banking system, ripple is the way to go. If you believe that very difficult days are coming ahead of us and a new financial crisis is coming Bitshares is the way to go. I can have my money in the bank and one day wake up and realise that the bank will not give me my money. Bitshares is a hedge for that scenario. Ripple is a facilitation and efficiency of the current system. Unfortunately the way things are going I predict that olive oil and some basic food  (bread, fruits etc) and clean water will be worth more than gold in the future. Things that we take for granted now might not be in ten years from now..

And to close with an advice... When society and everyone around you think you are crazy, then most probably you are right.. ;)