Author Topic: ripple rally  (Read 44825 times)

chryspano

I don't really know but I can say for sure that I'm super bullish about bitshares in 2015, anything else is too risky in my eyes.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
In any case i predict a rise to 880-920m and then a crash to 300m in a two months timeline

I'm curious about other people's predictions...

nice

yup  +5% for right prediction ...

+5%

what are your predictions now for bitshares, ripple, bitcoin etc.  ?   :)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
In any case i predict a rise to 880-920m and then a crash to 300m in a two months timeline

nice

yup  +5% for right prediction ...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

nice

Offline alexkravets

• View Profile
@Alexkravets: For a long time I was a ripple supporter and I understand all the benefits of Ripple and absolutely make sense and will be used in the future. Although I do not like very much its centralization...

Ripple is currently controlled by RL and is expected to gradually month into an international cartel/consortium of financial institutions listing each other on their respective UNL lists.

As BM pointed out, after a certain point decentralization hits diminishing returns, so a cartel of 1000 FIs is basically just as decentralized as a collection of 10,000 "nodes" ie decentralization should be measured logarithmically.  The importan thing is that unlike presently, the system will not have a dental operator, somewhat similar to how internet backbones recognize each other for access to routing tables for example.

This maybe seen as a weekness by the "anybody can run a node to participate in consensus" crowd, but Ripple ( having no mining ) only provides a weaker indirect incentive of lower latency access to transactions and lack of middlemen trusted nodes as an incentive which is important for market makers and gateways but not Joe User.

Also, banks loove the idea of an industry consortium in control rather than some cowboy mining pools of Bitcoin.

What really frustrated me in Ripple and this is the reason I will never use it again as investment (buy xrp and hold) is its distribution. I was caught up in the huge dumping and there is no guarantee that this will not happen again when initial shareholders can massively dump. Every crypto can experience dumping but this risk with Ripple is much greater imho, especially after this rally the last month. Is there a reason to believe that this is not the case anymore?

Indeed, what I call Flood Risk struck with a vengeance last summer, since then the four parties with enough XRP to do massive dumping ( RL itself and 3 founders ) have been mostly neutralized by self interest and 3 slow-release lockup agreement.

Yes, XRP distribution is Ripples original sin and Flood Risk remains, but the adopters that matter ( FIs that wish to do settlement by having market makers trade their IOUs ) are never exposed to XRP Flood Risk, market makers and Long term investors too tho.

XRP puts could be used to insure holdings if/when they appear but, yes some residual flood risk remains. If XRP was NOT retained by founders but was gradually transferred by the ledger into well known RL accounts for sale and distribution, over say next 50 year, then XRP would've been trading at 10x market cap of BTC by now :-)

On the other hand Bitshares can do whatever ripple does and much more in a decentalized manner. Isn't it obvious that Bitshares is a better investment (buy and hold) than Ripple?

Bitshares does have user issued assets which could be interpreted as IOUs but it doesn't allow for the following:

trust lines
Multi hop atomic lowest-cost payment across both order books and market makers
IOU redemption mechanism, ie Ripple IOUs are debt with zero total supply not positive supply of BitShares user issued assets, while pegged assets cannot be used as IOUs bc they ain't.

What many hard money ppl tend to underestimate is that money-as debt allows for division of labour between issuers and market makers where the issuers/FIs carry zero counterparty risk in settlement while risk and rewards are transferred to market makers with their robotic algos

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
By all means I didn't want to imply that I am against ripple and fight their success. In the contrary I hope in the future every bank in the world use the ripple protocol and we can finally transfer money around cheaper, faster and more efficiently and I hope we get many getaways as well.

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
@Alexkravets: For a long time I was a ripple supporter and I understand all the benefits of Ripple and absolutely make sense and will be used in the future. Although I do not like very much its centralization...

What really frustrated me in Ripple and this is the reason I will never use it again as investment (buy xrp and hold) is its distribution. I was caught up in the huge dumping and there is no guarantee that this will not happen again when initial shareholders can massively dump. Every crypto can experience dumping but this risk with Ripple is much greater imho, especially after this rally the last month. Is there a reason to believe that this is not the case anymore?

On the other hand Bitshares can do whatever ripple does and much more in a decentalized manner. Isn't it obvious that Bitshares is a better investment (buy and hold) than Ripple? Of course Ripple is backed by the existing financial system and this is really difficult to compete, but since we believe in decentralization, bitcoin, freedom and liberty of finance shouldn't we all try to support bitshares over ripple? We can't change the world we live only with words and support existing systems because they might make us rich. We actually need to do something different about it.

+5%
I also invest my conscience, would it could be realistic to expect the same from most people....
That said, why not embrace rather than fight their success, and lets get some gateways set up.
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

On the other hand Bitshares can do whatever ripple does and much more in a decentalized manner. Isn't it obvious that Bitshares is a better investment (buy and hold) than Ripple? Of course Ripple is backed by the existing financial system and this is really difficult to compete, but since we believe in decentralization, bitcoin, freedom and liberty of finance shouldn't we all try to support bitshares over ripple? We can't change the world we live only with words and support existing systems because they might make us rich. We actually need to do something different about it.

Offline nz

• View Profile
I love the payment gateways ripple has, but what's more exciting is once we will be able to send Bitcoin or any other asset to our Bitshares addresses :)

>>>> http://i.imgur.com/ons6sUz.png

Yea thats a nice looking interface they have IMHO
"There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose"

Offline alexkravets

• View Profile
THIS is why Ripple is unstoppable. FI = Financial Institution

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I think ripple and bitshares are not direct competitor and can work together in a great way.

If you want the ideals of current banking system, ripple is the best implementation.

If you want the ideals of bitcoin, bitshares will be (I hope) the best implementation

I agree.   Perhaps we can use Ripple to enable easy onramps into BTS from USD, CNY, and other currencies.  This would be very useful.

It would be very useful for a BTS gateway inside ripple to be launched and for a BTS inbound / outbound bridge to be created similar to BTC ... This is much easier than it appears, but it requires a competent BTS gateway operator.  RL recently released gatewayd as a starting package for such. See https://github.com/ripple/gatewayd

Of all the crypto networks, it seems clear that Ripple has the biggest lead in linking to the banking system.  As such the other networks would do well to encourage the development of Ripple bridges.  That's the best way to tap bank liquidity.  And it's the way that liquidity in one becomes liquidity in all.
+5

make sense!

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline alexkravets

• View Profile
Major new symbolic development today
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12496.0

People are waking up and realizing how absurd it is.  The price is already starting to correct.  Where do you think it'll bottom out ?

I find discussions about price tiresome, but if you have to know, IMHO, XRP price is far from its "current-bubble-cycle" top yet ... this is just a pull back.  Keep in mind 0.1 USD price peak that was reached a year ago, we are still 75% below that even tho actual fundamentals are 10x stronger ... also those Chinese speculators can pump anything to the moon before the bubble cycle ends

Offline celticwarrior72

• View Profile
I think ripple and bitshares are not direct competitor and can work together in a great way.

If you want the ideals of current banking system, ripple is the best implementation.

If you want the ideals of bitcoin, bitshares will be (I hope) the best implementation

I agree.   Perhaps we can use Ripple to enable easy onramps into BTS from USD, CNY, and other currencies.  This would be very useful.

It would be very useful for a BTS gateway inside ripple to be launched and for a BTS inbound / outbound bridge to be created similar to BTC ... This is much easier than it appears, but it requires a competent BTS gateway operator.  RL recently released gatewayd as a starting package for such. See https://github.com/ripple/gatewayd

Of all the crypto networks, it seems clear that Ripple has the biggest lead in linking to the banking system.  As such the other networks would do well to encourage the development of Ripple bridges.  That's the best way to tap bank liquidity.  And it's the way that liquidity in one becomes liquidity in all.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Major new symbolic development today
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12496.0

People are waking up and realizing how absurd it is.  The price is already starting to correct.  Where do you think it'll bottom out ?
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline alexkravets

• View Profile