Author Topic: Mobile Wallet - Testers needed  (Read 76581 times)

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Great job! We really need a mobile client for marketing to the masses. Are you running a delegate that I can vote for?
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
@mike623317: no TITAN .. possibly never .. due to the ECC tech and transaction scanning requirement

Certainly supporting TITAN should not be a priority for the mobile wallet, but I think "never" is too strong. TITAN should definitely be eventually made available on mobile clients since mobile users want privacy too.

I don't see how the ECC tech would make it limited to desktops/laptops but not suitable for mobile (assuming only relevant transactions are processed). The transaction scanning requirement is the only problem with mobile clients. The full blockchain should of course not be processed on a mobile device but that is the reason for the mail server: to notify the client about the subset of transactions in the blockchain meant for the user so that the client can selectively retrieve from the server and process the data for only those transactions.

I think better compatibility between TITAN and non-TITAN usage is really important. Full clients should easily be able to withdraw funds from their TITAN balances or non-TITAN addresses and send the funds privately to TITAN accounts and publicly to non-TITAN addresses (in both cases with an encrypted memo and private sender information included). Mobile clients should be able to publicly withdraw funds from their non-TITAN addresses and send them to TITAN accounts and non-TITAN addresses (again an encrypted memo could be included as well as the private sender information, but the sender information would in most cases would not really be private since the public will know the sender is associated with the public non-TITAN address the funds were withdrawn from). The only permutation left is mobile clients withdrawing funds from TITAN balances and sending them to TITAN accounts and non-TITAN addresses, which is not feasible without the mail server (that is the very low priority feature).

I would like to see the same UX on full clients and mobile clients in which a checkbox distinguishes whether the transfer was going to the user's public balance (the non-TITAN address corresponding to their active public key) or to their private balance (regular TITAN procedure). In either case, I think the to field should be the user's BTS account name (or a local alias) and not the ugly addresses. In the case of the mobile client, the client could retrieve the active public key of a BTS account name from the server and just trust the server is honest, or the user could pin the active public key along with the corresponding BTS account name to their address book after verifying out-of-band that it is correct (bonus points for a feature in the mobile client that allows trading this contact information between two smartphones automatically using NFC or Bluetooth).

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Dear community,

My name is Matias Romeo and together with Pablo Tutino we are both cofounders of Latincoin.com.

We are based in Buenos Aires (Argentina) working from the "Bitcoin Center Buenos Aires" (aka: Bitcoin Embassy)

As many of you know the current situation in our country is one of a big opportunity for bitUSD, and seeing that the mobile wallet for bitshares is lagging behind we decided to do our contribution and started the development of a mobile bitasset wallet.

We think that Argentina has a lot of potential for the daily use of bitUSD and we have a lot of efforts going on in that sense that hope to release soon.

+5% +5% Fantastic! And based in Argentina! Brilliant!!!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@abit: ssl warning is due to self-sign certificates on their backend
@mike623317: no TITAN .. possibly never .. due to the ECC tech and transaction scanning requirement

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
And I suppose it only works for non-TITAN addresses?
Yep ..

Thats a shame. Thats some good stuff though.  +5%

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

What about TITAN addresses, are they supported? Makes it much more user friendly.

Mike

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I got a error message "Ssl Certificate Error Alert" while launching the wallet. Any idea?
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Great job. Ditto on you creating a 100% delegate.

I have a few questions:
  • Does the Android client validate that the transaction to be signed returned by the server is one which sends X BitUSD to Y address where X and Y are the same as the one displayed in the confirmation to the user? This way if the receiving address was added to the local address book with a convenient label, the user could conveniently know that they are sending the right amount of money to the right place without having to trust that the server wasn't compromised to return a fake spending transaction (assuming the client executable wasn't compromised of course).
  • Do you plan to allow the server to create and the client to sign (and ideally partially validate) an outgoing transaction to a TITAN address? In other words, a one-time private key is deterministically generated in the client, the client contacts the server with the one-time public key and the BTS account name of the receiver in order to create a new transaction that sends the BTS user some amount of BitUSD, the server returns the transaction the client needs to sign along with the receiving user's active public key (as claimed by the server), and the client checks the returned transaction to ensure the appropriate amount of BitUSD will be sent to the appropriate receive address that is derived from the one-time private key and the server-returned active public key. This way if the active public key of a BTS user was added to the local address book, the client could send money to a TITAN address without having to trust that the server returned a correct transaction. This only pertains to sending money to TITAN accounts and not receiving money to (and being able to spend that money from) a TITAN account, thus it would not require any of the mail server support for lightweight clients.
  • Do you plan to support multisig addresses like 2-of-3 where one of the keys is held by the server and the server only signs the transaction after verifying the real user's intent with two-factor authentication? The API to create an outgoing transaction could be similar to the current one except the user would also need to type in a one-time password (either time-based from a separate hardware device or from an SMS message sent by the server) to spend funds and that one-time password would be included along with the necessary signatures in the POST to /api/v1/txs/send.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
This is actually very impressive. Sounds like you could help with a thin client / web wallet, if you ask for a paid delegate position to do this you would get voted in in a heartbeat.

Watch out for API changes in the next version (for example "transfer_asset_to_address" might be renamed).
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline testz

And pls keep in mind :) , chinese Community members are directly offering help on chinese translation!
But not enough, me & xeroc will also help translating into german. Also i can provide netherland translations …

@testz: could you ask for russian translations!?

Languages

- Chinese
- Germany / xeroc
- Netherlands cass
- Russian (testz?)  testz

And somebody should check git/code if malicious content is included etc.! Maybe Sergrio!?
@ElMato: no offense, you know…this should get done on all 3rd developers apps etc.. and on 3i apps also

Sure we will do Russian translation  :)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
We translated the thread into Chinese.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11912.0

ElMato, Great work! +5%
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
This is the kind of 100% delegate I would vote for .

+5% +5% +5%
  +5%

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
This is wonderful and unexpected news.

Please consider running a delegate and staying on in the future I know you will get some votes.

google nexus5
android 4.4.4 (dirty unicorns rom)

Just installed the wallet I get a ssl certifcate error but thats not a big deal just mentioning it.Installed and works fine so far

When I look for my address it shows me a bitcoin like address. Is their anyway we can change it to just names like in the client?

« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:53:36 pm by Gentso1 »

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.