Author Topic: [MetaExchange] dev-metaexchange.monsterer development diary  (Read 85777 times)

Offline monsterer

Sounds awesome!! Curious.. who would be some examples of liquidity providers?

+5%

We're working with one party at the moment, can't really say anything just yet. We will always consider any potential candidate who has access to a server and is a trusted community member - there are a lot of potential bitshares markets available!
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
We're finally getting some real solutions to the make-shift solutions that Nubits has. +5%

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Update time again!

Very close to adding a bitUSD market now - all the technology is in place, just need to get it set up. The architecture of metaexchange has evolved as well; it was always designed to run a daemon (which processes the actual orders) as well as the site itself with the daemon on a totally different piece of hardware from the site, but now there can be multiple daemons, in different locations around the world!

What this means is that we can start to build business relationships with 'liquidity providers', who will host one (or more) metaexchange markets. The API will route orders to whichever liquidity provider is running the market in which the trade is placed. This means zero counterparty risk for the liquidity providers and the same low to none risk for our customers!

Cheers, Paul.

Sounds awesome!! Curious.. who would be some examples of liquidity providers?

+5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline monsterer

Not sure if this has anything to do with you or with bitcoin itself but today I made 2 transfers from BTC to bitBTC very quickly as usually.

Then I made a 3rd transfer and on bitcoin blockchain the transaction is unconfirmed for about 5 hours now I think.. If this has something to do with metaexchange then maybe you can have a look at it. If it has to do with bitcoin and the whole miners confirmation then bitcoin sucks...5 hours..lol..That must be the longest ever for a single confirmation..

Do you have the txid? I'll take a look for you :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline monsterer

Hi,
How long does this service take?  I sold 1.12 bitBTC 20 mins ago and it still says "processing".  I noticed the memo cuts off the last 2 letters of the recieving bitcoin address, is that normal?  (I'm guessing I should I have edited the auto-filled memo to contain the full address...)

Also in Safari it doesn't work, the site gives a "missing parameter" error, I had to use firefox.
http://i.imgur.com/0UhCIcX.png (happens if I try the buy and sell side)

Hi Matt,

Sorry you had trouble - and thanks for reporting the bug, you've found a couple there! I have manually credited your transaction for you.

The primary bug was with my account name validation - I had forgotten to include numbers in the whitelist of valid characters! I can't fix the bug until tomorrow, so hold off on sending any further transactions until I confirm the fix :)

I'll take a look at the problem you found in safari as well tomorrow.

Cheers, Paul.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Not sure if this has anything to do with you or with bitcoin itself but today I made 2 transfers from BTC to bitBTC very quickly as usually.

Then I made a 3rd transfer and on bitcoin blockchain the transaction is unconfirmed for about 5 hours now I think.. If this has something to do with metaexchange then maybe you can have a look at it. If it has to do with bitcoin and the whole miners confirmation then bitcoin sucks...5 hours..lol..That must be the longest ever for a single confirmation..

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
pls send me your final logo when ready! Will update deposit/withdraw oage then!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
hi matt,

it will send your bitBTC back, if the memofield is not correct, but maybe your client is not showing correct, because you should already recieved the bitBTC back. I had a similar problem and just needed to "reprodcast". Was shown under the in processing information. Seems a client problem, but i am not a coder. Paul will looking into it, if something was going wrong.

Thanks for the information with safari.

p.s.
i just checked the balances and it seems, like we have more bitBTC. So Paul will looking into it, seems you found a bug :D Thanks for trying metaexchange and helping us to increase the reliability.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 08:35:10 pm by Shentist »

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Hi,
How long does this service take?  I sold 1.12 bitBTC 20 mins ago and it still says "processing".  I noticed the memo cuts off the last 2 letters of the recieving bitcoin address, is that normal?  (I'm guessing I should I have edited the auto-filled memo to contain the full address...)

Also in Safari it doesn't work, the site gives a "missing parameter" error, I had to use firefox.
http://i.imgur.com/0UhCIcX.png (happens if I try the buy and sell side)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 07:54:08 pm by matt608 »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline monsterer

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Wow ... +5% .. you published the code already?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Update time again!

Very close to adding a bitUSD market now - all the technology is in place, just need to get it set up. The architecture of metaexchange has evolved as well; it was always designed to run a daemon (which processes the actual orders) as well as the site itself with the daemon on a totally different piece of hardware from the site, but now there can be multiple daemons, in different locations around the world!

What this means is that we can start to build business relationships with 'liquidity providers', who will host one (or more) metaexchange markets. The API will route orders to whichever liquidity provider is running the market in which the trade is placed. This means zero counterparty risk for the liquidity providers and the same low to none risk for our customers!

Cheers, Paul.

+5% Looking forward :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline monsterer

Update time again!

Cheers, Paul.

Offline monsterer

feature request:
can you show the QR code of the BTC address?

Thanks for reminding me, I had that planned, but then forgot :)