Author Topic: BTS long term support  (Read 29148 times)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I would sacrafice my couple snapshots that I had on BTER if it meant that hundreds of millions of BTS are effectively un-sellable... it's like we have just done a massive share burn

It wouldnt mean that.  There are only two possible outcomes:

1) Bter gives the BTS back to holders (which is what they are currently saying they will do).  Those holders are BTS community members who bought because they believe in BTS, most probably wouldnt dump.

2) Bter dumps the BTS in order to get funds.  This is horrible for the BTS price, because it means that a now smaller BTS community has to buy back all the shares that BTS believers already bought in the first place.

Hope for option 1.  If that is the case, we have probably already seen the low and grind higher over time as we correct from this oversold position / bear market.

If scenario two happened, it could get worst.  Bter dumped its big pool of vested BTS for the rest of the remaining two-year vest.  ie pain for the next two years.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I would sacrafice my couple snapshots that I had on BTER if it meant that hundreds of millions of BTS are effectively un-sellable... it's like we have just done a massive share burn

It wouldnt mean that.  There are only two possible outcomes:

1) Bter gives the BTS back to holders (which is what they are currently saying they will do).  Those holders are BTS community members who bought because they believe in BTS, most probably wouldnt dump.

2) Bter dumps the BTS in order to get funds.  This is horrible for the BTS price, because it means that a now smaller BTS community has to buy back all the shares that BTS believers already bought in the first place.

Hope for option 1.  If that is the case, we have probably already seen the low and grind higher over time as we correct from this oversold position / bear market.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

lzr1900

shit price now.i will hold.

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
Nice 1.68 million BTS buy just now on BTC38! Someone's accumulating.

We don't have any good news yet, this is just a price correction after a deep deep oversell since January. We need good dev news, marketing news to support this level, or price will dive again.
Just my opinion. I just changed from a super bull to super bear due to the market performance.
I didn't sell a share though. I don't plan to sell at this shit price for any reason. A sad  story indeed.

来自我的 M040 上的 Tapatalk

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

Lol. Pts is number 3 with 12 usd volume b
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Nice 1.68 million BTS buy just now on BTC38! Someone's accumulating.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Price is driven by velocity in money markets... if supply drives up it may HELP us now, but long term less people would have their hands on bts and thats not good... and on top maybe some devs would lose funds and lose interest in developing which is even worse.... but it would cause upwards pressure short term.

I really can't imagine Devs to have many BTS sitting on centralized exchanges...

PS It is easier to me to imagine Chinese whales/dumpers having lot's of BTS ready to sell there (open sell orders)  :P
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 08:11:38 pm by liondani »

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Price is driven by velocity in money markets... if supply drives up it may HELP us now, but long term less people would have their hands on bts and thats not good... and on top maybe some devs would lose funds and lose interest in developing which is even worse.... but it would cause upwards pressure short term.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
There has been a lot of sell pressure, depression, a long wait for light and web wallets as well as uncertainty over bitAsset liquidity.

For my part I just think the market is seeing the light of day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZrotd1ZjbE

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Must mean taxes are finally paid off. Lol. Probably helps that a decent chunk of available-for-sale BTS are currently locked in the abyss of BTER.

Offline robrigo

BTS is bucking the trend... must be a sign that we are recovering from the effects of the bter hack.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
This bter hack might be just what bts neeeded

No, this is bad for BTS. 

1) Plenty of people who traded BTS had BTC on bter.  That was money that could have gone into BTS in the future, and wont now.
2) Once people get their BTS back from bter, some of them will probably dump (on btc38).  (If the hacker stole bts its much worse, though that doesnt seem to be the case).
not in the big picture
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
This bter hack might be just what bts neeeded

No, this is bad for BTS. 

1) Plenty of people who traded BTS had BTC on bter.  That was money that could have gone into BTS in the future, and wont now.
2) Once people get their BTS back from bter, some of them will probably dump (on btc38).  (If the hacker stole bts its much worse, though that doesnt seem to be the case).