Author Topic: BitShares 0.4.27.1 - problems  (Read 6473 times)

Offline vikram

This issue can be fixed with a GUI update, but unfortunately most people are on 0.4.27.1 which means their client will crash with the new update format. Perhaps we can make a 0.4.27.3 release with this fix in it.
Would this fix this https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12519.msg166051#msg166051 ?

Yep!
We could do something tricky like enable the update very briefly so that you could update and then disable it again, if you have a big enough stake to make the vote worthwhile.
That sounds like I would just have the problem?
Disable the update again, how would that work?

Not if you upgrade to 0.4.27.2
And it's simple, we put the update up, you update, we take it back down so nobody else sees an update.

Does 0.4.27.2 fix some of the problems I posted in the OP?  I have jobs lined up (translation of BitShares 101 into Spanish + more) and can't withdraw any delegate pay.  I'm paralysed without a working client.

toast can give details on if he thinks some of those might be addressed, but I would guess that you will likely have to wait for the next release. if lots of people are having problems like this we can probably put out a hotfix release very quickly, otherwise we will try to do a full release fairly soon.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
This issue can be fixed with a GUI update, but unfortunately most people are on 0.4.27.1 which means their client will crash with the new update format. Perhaps we can make a 0.4.27.3 release with this fix in it.
Would this fix this https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12519.msg166051#msg166051 ?

Yep!
We could do something tricky like enable the update very briefly so that you could update and then disable it again, if you have a big enough stake to make the vote worthwhile.

And it's simple, we put the update up, you update, we take it back down so nobody else sees an update.

Does 0.4.27.2 fix some of the problems I posted in the OP?  I have jobs lined up (translation of BitShares 101 into Spanish + more) and can't withdraw any delegate pay.  I'm paralysed without a working client.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
So since I run my client often and then switch to GUI to test the BTS URI Scheme I noticed that after running the client for a while, shutting it down and then starting the GUI, I get the transaction error message where previously it was behaving... this leads to other problems like not being able to post transactions and syncing with the network. Why would the client and GUI have different ways to sync? I notice that if I start either after  a while even though the other is running it has to sync up with missing blocks from last time it ran.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Yep!

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Yep!

Offline toast

• View Profile

Yep!
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile

lzr1900

Given up.shit-like wallet.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I can't load the client... CLI syncs with network but the GUI says Failure during transaction scanning at the bottom.. this is blocking me from testing my cart stuff and is really annoying, i've redownloaded the blockchain twice by deleting everything but the wallets folder.

0.4.27.2 didn't help.

DO you've backup your wallet.json? If so,you should try to delete complete %bitshares/ folder and then restore after you installed fresh wallet!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 05:24:57 am by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline toast

• View Profile
I can't load the client... CLI syncs with network but the GUI says Failure during transaction scanning at the bottom.. this is blocking me from testing my cart stuff and is really annoying, i've redownloaded the blockchain twice by deleting everything but the wallets folder.

0.4.27.2 didn't help.

Try it with a fresh wallet maybe, I can't see how else trx scanning can fail for you but not for everyone else

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

0.4.27.2 didn't help.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
I am aware of the issues.  It is frustrating me as well.

@bytemaster What happened to the PR that was going to review all your non-technical forum posts ?

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I too am having major problems with the v0.4.27.1 Qt client on Ubuntu.

First, everything is operating much more slowly. The pages take a long time to update. I literally wait seconds for the thumbs up/down button to react to the click.

Second, the UI is incredibly buggy. Sometimes it gets to a state where it won't respond/load the pages properly and I simply need to restart it.

I tried using the command line client, and it was surprisingly even worse. It lags so bad it is nearly impossible to type in commands (note that this is only after the wallet is unlocked and transaction scanning begins). The CPU usage is very minimal. It is using the hard disk, but it is nothing that out of the ordinary. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
same problem about slow reaction times with thumbs up etc. here until this happened: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7022.msg164927#msg164927
That problem I got resolved. But I can not vote. It just dosn't make a transfer when I click "update vote". And it freezes when I go to File > Quit.
Edit: The second time I was able to quit it but it too a while before it closed. Voting didn't work after restarting and trying again.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Given up !! Can't even update it , unusable for me ,,,