Author Topic: To buy or not to buy PTS, that is the question.  (Read 21209 times)

Offline Bitty

• View Profile
Re: To buy or not to buy PTS, that is the question.
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2015, 05:56:30 pm »
There's no "new consensus", it seems everyone is happily ignoring dan's suggestion to drop on BTS. RPC, sparkle, play, etc

PLAYshares (PLS) allocations: 35 % will go to BTS holders on December 8, 2014 12:00 PM (UTC).

Sparkle had a snapshot on December 14th, 2014 and will honor AGS, PTS, and BTS with 33% each.

My bad, I didn't know PLS wasn't doing AGS/PTS. My personal suggestion is to drop on AGS/PTS because that's still a better demographic than BTS at the moment. But I have no control over what 3rd party devs do.

Holding PTS entitled me to get my share from the VOTE/DNS merger. I was entitled to BTS from this merger on december 8, however I didn't receive them yet.
So I won't get PLS?

Yes you will, snapshots don't care whether you opened your wallet or not. Addresses are addresses. You can check the snapshot files to be sure.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks
But the address did not have any BTS yet at the time of the snapshot.
So it will know I was entitled to have it at that time?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2015, 07:28:27 pm »
There's no "new consensus", it seems everyone is happily ignoring dan's suggestion to drop on BTS. RPC, sparkle, play, etc

PLAYshares (PLS) allocations: 35 % will go to BTS holders on December 8, 2014 12:00 PM (UTC).

Sparkle had a snapshot on December 14th, 2014 and will honor AGS, PTS, and BTS with 33% each.

My bad, I didn't know PLS wasn't doing AGS/PTS. My personal suggestion is to drop on AGS/PTS because that's still a better demographic than BTS at the moment. But I have no control over what 3rd party devs do.

Holding PTS entitled me to get my share from the VOTE/DNS merger. I was entitled to BTS from this merger on december 8, however I didn't receive them yet.
So I won't get PLS?

Yes you will, snapshots don't care whether you opened your wallet or not. Addresses are addresses. You can check the snapshot files to be sure.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline graffenwalder

« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2015, 07:06:17 pm »

So I won't get PLS?
I don't know where you guys are getting your information but PLS:
35% BTS 10% PTS 10% AGS, and the rest for crowdfunding and development etc...

Offline Bitty

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2015, 07:24:10 pm »

So I won't get PLS?

Offline gamey

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2015, 07:34:28 pm »
AGAINST:

Any funds that you use to buy PTS can then NOT be used to buy BTS.

FOR: diversification is never a dumb choice.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I do not agree. I can think of many instances where the greatest expected return is from betting on one winner over spreading out your bet (or investment, if you prefer).

For instance, if you buy every ticket in a lottery - you have lost for sure (your cost exceeds your winnings). In fact, according to accountants, your greatest expected return on investment comes from buying exactly one ticket.

In a horse race, it is more lucrative to pick one winner over spreading out the bets over several horses in the same race.

Where diversification might be valuable is when you spread out your investment into different sectors, so that if one sector goes down, another sector is likely to go up. But BTS and PTS are hardly in different sectors. In fact I would say that the success of PTS is dependent on success of BTS. If DPOS fails in bitshares, it will surely fail in protoshares.

PTS haters going to be out in full force around here. PTS is as legitimate as any a lot of other coins floating around. Who knows who or what will sharedrop to it.  I see cybershares is trying to do the same thing (??) but they're just sticking in their own addresses with large balances.  PTS was mined for distribution.

As far as diversifying against BTS there is some merit, but if you want to diversify there are probably a couple better spots that have the largest chance of outrunning the pack.

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline toast

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2015, 10:38:34 pm »

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline dritz3r

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2015, 10:26:58 pm »

Offline dritz3r

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2015, 10:05:30 pm »
You at BitShares co. are ignorants and simply not fair. The change of plan was VERY unfair to PTS/AGS holders (post feb-28). On other side (pre feb-28)  holders received additional BTS in the "merger"which is why PTS and AGS now looks ridiculous.

Offline toast

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2015, 09:44:05 pm »

Offline dritz3r

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2015, 09:42:36 pm »
I'am AGS holder and I feel more and more stupid every day for investing in DACs (BitShares) development. I was attracted by VOTE DAC, and other future DACs. To be perfectly clear I invested after Feb 28. and I didn't get any BTS. I know I will, but then again, the same amount will be distributed to pre Feb 28 investor (again). It seems that everybody try to forget ('late') AGS donors. I feel pain in my stomach every time I read about BTS and come here for news.

I am a BIG late AGS donor and so are my mother, brother, wife and son.  We got a much better scale factor than as early donors.   From that we have shares in BTS, PLAY, MUSIC, PTS, Sparkle, (VOTE, DNS) and TBD.   I feel excitement and great expectations.

:)

What is TBD? Haven't seen that yet…

TBD is "To Be Determined".  Things that haven't been announced or even conceived yet.

Sorry Stan.  There are wery little place for AGS investors in future DACs. That was not part of the plan. BTS become main target for shares drops even now when some of us didn't received any BTS. You changed yours 'social consensus' and I can't even sell my worthless AGS. At the same time I am forced to 'enjoy' in new consensus. Thanks.

lzr1900

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2015, 03:33:32 pm »
I'am AGS holder and I feel more and more stupid every day for investing in DACs (BitShares) development. I was attracted by VOTE DAC, and other future DACs. To be perfectly clear I invested after Feb 28. and I didn't get any BTS. I know I will, but then again, the same amount will be distributed to pre Feb 28 investor (again). It seems that everybody try to forget ('late') AGS donors. I feel pain in my stomach every time I read about BTS and come here for news.

I am a BIG late AGS donor and so are my mother, brother, wife and son.  We got a much better scale factor than as early donors.   From that we have shares in BTS, PLAY, MUSIC, PTS, Sparkle, (VOTE, DNS) and TBD.   I feel excitement and great expectations.

TBD is "To Be Determined".  Things that haven't been announced or even conceived yet.
hehehe..let me remind you,it is 1.12 now. 11.5 snapshot was 2 months ago!!!
What about "big thing"?What about #2 marketcap?What about Superdac?
WE CAN'T EVEN GET OUR VESTED BALANCE AFTER 2 MONTHS!????
all and all 3I said is purely imaginary,Utopia.
Look at the price,you will know how frustrated we are.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2015, 03:07:08 pm »

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Bitty

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2015, 03:02:22 pm »

Hi Stan

Did you already received the BTS you were entitled to from the merger of VOTE/DNS and PTS?

thanks

Whatever it is, it's the same rules as everyone else.  I just HODL whatever comes in.
I haven't taken the time even think about what I'm supposed to be getting or even imported a cold storage wallet to have a look.

As Kenny Rogers once sang,

You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done

Yes, I will also HODL.
However I would like to have a clear overview of my portfolio and the things I am entitled to. ;-)

Offline Bitty

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2015, 03:01:13 pm »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2015, 02:16:46 pm »

Hi Stan

Did you already received the BTS you were entitled to from the merger of VOTE/DNS and PTS?

thanks

Whatever it is, it's the same rules as everyone else.  I just HODL whatever comes in.
I haven't taken the time even think about what I'm supposed to be getting or even imported a cold storage wallet to have a look.

As Kenny Rogers once sang,

You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.