Author Topic: Article on btcgeek.com: Bitshares is Trying What MemoryCoin Did a Year Ago (to D  (Read 5111 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
dritz3r, you received BTS from the last sharedrop to AGS and PTS. As a result you also received DVS.

I am trying to import my wallet and nothing happend. My donations are made after magic date Feb 28. Beside PTS can we receive BTC back. It's clear that 'social consensus' don't exist any more and I didn't received any BTS.
If you want BTS instead of DVS, just wait for a new version of BTS wallet (maybe release in next week).
Since you have AGS, you may have VOTE and DNS, which will be converted to BTS in the new wallet.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline dritz3r

• View Profile
AGS is a large community of people with a demonstrated willingness to give money to develop this industry.  It is the absolutely BEST select group of individuals in the whole wide world for a DAC developer to be courting.

Thank you Stan&co.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
dritz3r, you received BTS from the last sharedrop to AGS and PTS. As a result you also received DVS.

I am trying to import my wallet and nothing happend. My donations are made after magic date Feb 28. Beside PTS can we receive BTC back. It's clear that 'social consensus' don't exist any more and I didn't received any BTS.

devshares need to do extra step to get it . Bytemaster said he will release a how-to shortly .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline dritz3r

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Or you guys could light up the comments and let Everyone reading the article know they can come onto mumble every week and clear these issues up Directly with Bytemaster.  Make it a point to continuously do this at least with the "journalist".

Fuzzy, 

What is the best link to post in these articles that brings them to your Mumble via a landing pad with the necessary training in how to install and join the right session - proper etiquette, etc?

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
1、MMC was still a POW coin ,  it had all the disadvantage of POW coins . COST > PROFIT .
2、The block reward difficulty was flawed , too much coins produced at the first several months .
3、MMC didn't have a killer product like BitUSD . It existed for the sole purpose as a speculative instrument that somehow everybody in the world would adopt MMC as a currency because they claimed wasted electricity is somehow like the mining of gold , just like all the other POW coins .
4、You can hire 1000 genius to work for a POW coin and the coin still would fail .
5、I didn't have time to follow the whole "hired by blockchain" thing , if I had I would've correct it . I was a miner of MMC once.

And it didn't honor the Social Consensus du jour.   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I think some of the point is being missed here guys.

Does it point out some legit past mistakes and possible future hurdles, yea.

Is it obviously written from a biased standpoint, you bet.

The important thing to remember is Bitshares is being talked about. It wasn't a piece written about ltc,paycoin,nubits. It was written because the author believes this is a topic people will lead people to his site.

If people are interested in Bitshares you have all ready gotten them to take the first step. It doesn't matter if they love or hate us. Now that they have taken that step you attempt to educate them about the lesson's learned and the differences. You open them up to a intelligent conversation and shares thoughts and ideas.

This and any other article written is a good thing, sit back sip your coffee and prepare to expand minds.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
1、MMC was still a POW coin ,  it had all the disadvantage of POW coins . COST > PROFIT .
2、The block reward difficulty was flawed , too much coins produced at the first several months .
3、MMC didn't have a killer product like BitUSD . It existed for the sole purpose as a speculative instrument that somehow everybody in the world would adopt MMC as a currency because they claimed wasted electricity is somehow like the mining of gold , just like all the other POW coins .
4、You can hire 1000 genius to work for a POW coin and the coin still would fail .
5、I didn't have time to follow the whole "hired by blockchain" thing , if I had I would've correct it . I was a miner of MMC once.
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fuzzy

wtf is up with that picture of a guy reading "Wicked" upside down? Absolutely moronic article. I think we all need to stop giving it and the shitty website any further attention, lest it become the go-to article for BTS trolls -- like that shit P. Byrne article that keeps popping up.

Fuck journalism.

And who the hell cares whether or not BTS was truly the "first" at hiring someone for the blockchain? What matters is that it was an important event for our ecosystem, and it was clearly the most obvious/influential "hiring" of anyone for a blockchain yet. It's clearly just marketing speak, which always stretches the truth/exaggerates for effect, not some dirty scheming lie trying to brainwash the masses or some shit.

Fuck technicalities.

Or you guys could light up the comments and let Everyone reading the article know they can come onto mumble every week and clear these issues up Directly with Bytemaster.  Make it a point to continuously do this at least with the "journalist". 

We can then start retweeting the journalist's own article (knowing our comments are loading his/her article's comment section) and challenging them to verify the validity of their claims Live during our hangouts. 

This is just ONE of the reasons our hangouts have always been here.  It is to give the little people a voice...and to keep FUD'ers in check.  If they are afraid they will be called out publically with a loud speaker, they will be far less likely to try to sell FUD. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
wtf is up with that picture of a guy reading "Wicked" upside down? Absolutely moronic article. I think we all need to stop giving it and the shitty website any further attention, lest it become the go-to article for BTS trolls -- like that shit P. Byrne article that keeps popping up.

Fuck journalism.

And who the hell cares whether or not BTS was truly the "first" at hiring someone for the blockchain? What matters is that it was an important event for our ecosystem, and it was clearly the most obvious/influential "hiring" of anyone for a blockchain yet. It's clearly just marketing speak, which always stretches the truth/exaggerates for effect, not some dirty scheming lie trying to brainwash the masses or some shit.

Fuck technicalities.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 11:38:37 am by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
The article before the last on btcgeek mentioned BitShares/BitGold as a way to buy Gold, and was more positive : http://btcgeek.com/how-to-buy-gold-with-bitcoin/

It's sad we lost a "supporter" and got a FUD spreader instead.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads