Author Topic: Default Vote for Core Devs???  (Read 24945 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
283 post from Newmine

it must be love or maybe hate.

I will never spend so much time to something i don't like, and as soon i am not convinced anymore i will sell. Human beings are great because we can adapt to new situations. That is the reason we are the dominant species on Earth.

BitShares has only one problem - we are totally focused on Bytemasters writing. Voting is a problem, but just fix the problems we have with the client and increase the presents of the core devs to the public. Some DEVs never post much here. Toast is a good example he is widely respected and voted to number 1, but some core devs are not well known so they will have a hard time.

In our ecosystem the devs should adapt as well, so get public and post more. I know it is total against the nature of most devs, but it is needed.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
bad idea... makes it harder for us devs who are contributing and harder to become a delegate
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Cat's already out of the bag.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=913075.0

Thanks newmine. I have to ask, if you hate BitShares so much...why the hell do you spend so much time here?

The core idea is awesome, that's why I came.

The constant alterations, the piss poor management of "donated" funds specifically in the marketing aspects, the greed involved in the "dilution" FMV/VOTE BS, the greedy last sharedrop/money grab of AGS acquired BTS, the change of 100% delegates to 50BTS/block and 60K BTS registration fee etc. is what I am hating. My investment has been compromised as now we have a guaranteed sell pressure on the price of BTS since all the "Devs" will be selling BTS to the tune of 4200 BTS*Number of 100% delegates. It has also been compromised because there was supposed to be a professional PR/marketing campaign for the last 6 months and we were constantly lied to in the form of "it's coming, just wait". Version 1.0 was said to be released at the end of November.......then December and now February, so what, they change the code to secure more money for themselves?

I stay, hoping someone forks this garbage back to what it was intended to be.

Thanks newmine. I have to ask, if you hate BitShares so much...why the hell do you spend so much time here?
Newmine, what is your motivation in doing this?
Criticize inside (constructive at best), represent outside if you want to help BitShares grow!

Ignore him, he is a trader who has sold and now hoping for lower prices.

I actually never traded this away. Still have every BTS and bitUSD. More bitUSD now.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Criticize inside (constructive at best), represent outside if you want to help BitShares grow!

That makes sense.

Offline .yoshi

• View Profile
I agree with Psuedocops 100%.

Perhaps this brief 'Why you should vote for the devs!" dialog box should appear right after a user registers their account, with options to:

[Vote for All Developers] [Vote Later]

*Remember, you can ALWAYS change your vote at ANY TIME!

sumantso

Offline callmeluc

• View Profile
How this thought came through anyway?
When investors complained, you guys said"greedy", "if you don't believe in this, just walk away." And when developers complained just like what's going on here, we can also say "greedy"!If you don't satisfy or you don't feel safe enough or whatever reasons you have, just walk away, go find a better job somewhere else. This is blockchain employment buddy.
BTS_自扯自淡

Offline pseudoscops

I agree this is a PR disaster waiting to happen if done by default, especially if there is no change to the current wallet GUI.

If we can't generate enough interest in voting to combat voter apathy in the short term, then second best option is a dialog on first load of the wallet that makes it easy for users to vote in a slate of developers.

I'd argue that this mechanism should allow multiple slates to be loaded with delegates from the whole ecosystem - carousel style. I think it would be fair if the core dev team showed up as the default slate.

I understand BM's thinking on this,  and I think it's fair that all core dev's should get at least one 100% slot in the short term. I'm able to make that assessment based on the days I've spent in the forum over the last year - I'm an old timer with and understanding of who the core devs are and what they have done so far. New users and outsiders don't have the information I have and they will call 'scam' if core devs are voted in by default and transparently. Simple as that.

I think it's important that the 'dialog' being discussed, if required, is opt-in and not opt-out. With the correct wording explaining why the core team being voted in is so important I think the votes required would come in. Cass could likely do a great feel-good treatment for this so that people are encouraged to vote 'Yes'. A 'Select All' option as well as being able to vote individual delegates in or out on this dialog would be the way to go.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 08:59:24 pm by pseudoscops »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 08:27:17 pm by delulo »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

just stick a thread here on bitsharestalk forum where you explain which core devs you support and need anytime voted in...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
just stick a thread here on bitsharestalk forum where you explain which core devs you support and need anytime...

Offline callmeluc

• View Profile
just keep in mind how difficult it is to find AND KEEP core developers.
just keep in mind how difficult it is to find confidence AND KEEP believing in DPOS for the market, keep in mind how easy shareholders walk away and never come back again.
It's the holder to decide instead of employees, right? When we discussed what a DAC means, and Why is Bitshares better than Bitcoin, we said so.
Sorry to say that but we don't need a king, and we don't want to play the game of throne either. If somebody can decide who's on that list, what we need dpos for?
Leave all this to the system itself please.
BTS_自扯自淡

Offline davidpbrown

On the upside, communication is good.. and there's equally a chance that people from that thread will discover BitShares and like that it is trying to improve by talking alsorts of ideas over.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline davidpbrown

Slates need to be made more obvious.

If bytemaster has a slate that reflects the core team he would prefer to see supported, then I would expect votes for that would follow.
Equally if each of the core dev team has a slate.. perhaps defined by priority such as dev or marketing or generic or network stability quality delegates, then those would draw support naturally too.

Those within two degrees of bytemaster would then be a good set that we might expect would define the overall votes.. only in exceptional political circumstances would a vote majority be against what those people chose.

Expecting anyone to know enough about 101+ delegates to choose them wisely, seems odd.. so, some effort needs to be put in to making it simple, if voting and DPOS are to run longterm.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7